Tyshon Dye *RB Depth* we kinda need this kid now...........

Advertisement
Yeah I gotta disagree. Think ppl are too worried about a 3rd/4th string rb spot. Plus if its a separated shoulder or whatever, Burns should be healthy by fall. **** even if its a broken collarbone or something he will still be health in time.

I wouldnt really be mad about getting Dye or anything, but dont think hes needed either. If he wasnt a grad transfer, Id say no way, but if the coaches want him, its whatever. I have a hard time believing **** transfer here though. We have a sure starter. If i was him id go somewhere id be the sure starter, or somewhere where at least theres an open competition.

[MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]'s got a lot of good info, but who is he? A relative? A coach? A handler?

I'm new here and not making a judgement on him. Seems like a good dude. Just always curious with adults plugged in with high school athletics.

Essentially uncle of Lorenzo Lingard. I trust his info.

Depth is always good to have. But I'm not panicking. I trust Richt will handle the RB situation well and find a solution. I think he learned a thing or two being a HC for 16 years.

Depth is always good to have. But I'm not panicking. I trust Richt will handle the RB situation well and find a solution. I think he learned a thing or two being a HC for 16 years.

Well this kinda what worries me. Coach Richt & Coach Brown have put a huge emphasis on landing this kid.

Advertisement

Well this kinda what worries me. Coach Richt & Coach Brown have put a huge emphasis on landing this kid.

Thats interesting.
Seems like theyre panicking from not landing Anthony Macfarland to me.

This seems very simple, all you gotta do is put Deejay Dallas at RB for a yr. Honestly I doubt he will ever play DB here, especially since he's not playing there this yr, and this DB class we're bringing in is elite. He shouldn't be playing WR this yr tbh. It should be Safety or RB imo. Playing him at WR when we already have Richards, Berrios, Mullins, and have Thomas and others coming in just doesn't seem like a great plan, especially since we have pretty big need at Safety and RB.

Last edited:

Which they should. Dotting their i's and crossing their t's. But we have a favorable schedule this year allowing for some flexibility and hopefully time to prepare for the tough games. He has options to utilize the full back, TE's and H-Backs we have. Also, we have athletes who can fill in RB role if needed.

[MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]'s got a lot of good info, but who is he? A relative? A coach? A handler?

I'm new here and not making a judgement on him. Seems like a good dude. Just always curious with adults plugged in with high school athletics.

[MENTION=16932]jkh305[/MENTION], Calinative knows that Tweed was tied in to Jeudy also. He let us know that we were being considered before Jeudy showed up on a visit...with Tweed, I believe.

[MENTION=16932]jkh305[/MENTION], Calinative knows that Tweed was tied in to Jeudy also. He let us know that we were being considered before Jeudy showed up on a visit...with Tweed, I believe.

yup.
only blemish on his record was that hole "package deal" thing at the end of last recruiting class. But that has since been pardoned after he brought us the ambassador.

Advertisement

yup.
only blemish on his record was that hole "package deal" thing at the end of last recruiting class. But that has since been pardoned after he brought us the ambassador.

Well if he's down with Lingawd, then that's all I need to know.

Yeah I gotta disagree. Think ppl are too worried about a 3rd/4th string rb spot. Plus if its a separated shoulder or whatever, Burns should be healthy by fall. **** even if its a broken collarbone or something he will still be health in time.

I wouldnt really be mad about getting Dye or anything, but dont think hes needed either. If he wasnt a grad transfer, Id say no way, but if the coaches want him, its whatever. I have a hard time believing **** transfer here though. We have a sure starter. If i was him id go somewhere id be the sure starter, or somewhere where at least theres an open competition.

The problem is Burns didn't play his last two years in HS due to injury and he's on the sidelines again after 2 practices.

He clearly can't be counted on to stay healthy. He's an immense talent, but he should be dealt with as a luxury - if he's healthy, great, but don't bank on that. We need another player on the RB depth chart.

yup.

What happened to that kid, did he sign elsewhere?

yup.

Pretty sure he's walking on at FIU

Advertisement

yup.

Pretty sure he's walking on at FIU

Thats pretty good. Wouldn't be surprised if he was able to earn a scholarhip. Just wasn't P5 Caliber though.

The problem is Burns didn't play his last two years in HS due to injury and he's on the sidelines again after 2 practices.

He clearly can't be counted on to stay healthy. He's an immense talent, but he should be dealt with as a luxury - if he's healthy, great, but don't bank on that. We need another player on the RB depth chart.

Thing is i'm not relying on Burns. I'm relying on Walton and even Homer. Everyone always worries about injuries. Well, if its to a starter i get it, but you can't be so focused on injuries or potential injuries you throw scholarships away because of it. we have 3or 4 spots available this year, and if we use them, they better go to someone who is going to make a difference. Otherwise we are essentially taking from the amount of EE's in the 2018 class we can count as 2017...which is important because we might sign over 25, and only have 10 seniors this yr; so every scholarship counts.

And how often do teams get down to their 3rd rb anyways? not very often. Sure it can happen, and we should have a plan in place incase it does happen. But if we do find ourselves in that situation i think it makes perfect sense to have Deejay Dallas playing RB. I think he can be a good RB. What i don't think makes too much sense is starting him at WR instead of RB or Safety (or corner) given the circumstances. Starting him at WR basically means he wont ever play DB for us. Because once the 2018 recruits get on campus they are already going to be further along than he is at db (since they played the position in hs), and are elite recruits. So either he needs a head start to be a contributor as a db, or he stays on offense.

Thing is i'm not relying on Burns. I'm relying on Walton and even Homer. Everyone always worries about injuries. Well, if its to a starter i get it, but you can't be so focused on injuries or potential injuries you throw scholarships away because of it. we have 3or 4 spots available this year, and if we use them, they better go to someone who is going to make a difference. Otherwise we are essentially taking from the amount of EE's in the 2018 class we can count as 2017...which is important because we might sign over 25, and only have 10 seniors this yr; so every scholarship counts.

And how often do teams get down to their 3rd rb anyways? not very often. Sure it can happen, and we should have a plan in place incase it does happen. But if we do find ourselves in that situation i think it makes perfect sense to have Deejay Dallas playing RB. I think he can be a good RB. What i don't think makes too much sense is starting him at WR instead of RB or Safety (or corner) given the circumstances. Starting him at WR basically means he wont ever play DB for us. Because once the 2018 recruits get on campus they are already going to be further along than he is at db (since they played the position in hs), and are elite recruits. So either he needs a head start to be a contributor as a db, or he stays on offense.

You're missing the point, we're playing a lot of scrubs this year and we don't need walton and homer getting carriers in the 3rd quarter vs BCU, AK State, Toledu, Or Syracuse. If one of our top2 guys goes down in garbage time because we can't throw a proper RB back there we're in trouble. Your whole theory predicates on Homer and Walton being healthy all year. If one of those guys goes down panic will ensue. All of sudden we could be down to a sophmore RB with very little experience and a freshman QB.

You do realize gray isn't even practicing yet and is coming off major knee surgery right? We legitimately don't even have a #3 RB right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement

You're missing the point, we're playing a lot of scrubs this year and we don't need walton and homer getting carriers in the 3rd quarter vs BCU, AK State, Toledu, Or Syracuse. If one of our top2 guys goes down in garbage time because we can't throw a proper RB back there we're in trouble. Your whole theory predicates on Homer and Walton being healthy all year. If one of those guys goes down panic will ensue. All of sudden we could be down to a sophmore RB with very little experience and a freshman QB.

You do realize gray isn't even practicing yet and is coming off major knee surgery right? We legitimately don't even have a #3 RB right now.

DJ Dallas spent most of his hs career running the ball. We'll be fine if he gets moved there.

Are some of you really saying that we are going to be OK with two RB because we can move a WR to RB? Get a GT. Do the shoulder surgery on Burns so he is back by Fall. Hope Gray is 100% by August.

Are some of you really saying that we are going to be OK with two RB because we can move a WR to RB? Get a GT. Do the shoulder surgery on Burns so he is back by Fall. Hope Gray is 100% by August.

Bruh, DJ Dallas spent a LOT more time running the ball from the QB position than catching passes in HS.

DJ Dallas spent most of his hs career running the ball from the qb position. We'll be fine if he gets moved there.

FIFY. You do realize the RB has other responsibilities like pass protection right?

Advertisement
Back