Tyshon Dye *RB Depth* we kinda need this kid now...........

The problem is Burns didn't play his last two years in HS due to injury and he's on the sidelines again after 2 practices.

He clearly can't be counted on to stay healthy. He's an immense talent, but he should be dealt with as a luxury - if he's healthy, great, but don't bank on that. We need another player on the RB depth chart.

Thing is i'm not relying on Burns. I'm relying on Walton and even Homer. Everyone always worries about injuries. Well, if its to a starter i get it, but you can't be so focused on injuries or potential injuries you throw scholarships away because of it. we have 3or 4 spots available this year, and if we use them, they better go to someone who is going to make a difference. Otherwise we are essentially taking from the amount of EE's in the 2018 class we can count as 2017...which is important because we might sign over 25, and only have 10 seniors this yr; so every scholarship counts.

And how often do teams get down to their 3rd rb anyways? not very often. Sure it can happen, and we should have a plan in place incase it does happen. But if we do find ourselves in that situation i think it makes perfect sense to have Deejay Dallas playing RB. I think he can be a good RB. What i don't think makes too much sense is starting him at WR instead of RB or Safety (or corner) given the circumstances. Starting him at WR basically means he wont ever play DB for us. Because once the 2018 recruits get on campus they are already going to be further along than he is at db (since they played the position in hs), and are elite recruits. So either he needs a head start to be a contributor as a db, or he stays on offense.

You're missing the point, we're playing a lot of scrubs this year and we don't need walton and homer getting carriers in the 3rd quarter vs BCU, AK State, Toledu, Or Syracuse. If one of our top2 guys goes down in garbage time because we can't throw a proper RB back there we're in trouble. Your whole theory predicates on Homer and Walton being healthy all year. If one of those guys goes down panic will ensue. All of sudden we could be down to a sophmore RB with very little experience and a freshman QB.

You do realize gray isn't even practicing yet and is coming off major knee surgery right? We legitimately don't even have a #3 RB right now.

DJ Dallas spent most of his hs career running the ball from the qb position. We'll be fine if he gets moved there.

FIFY. You do realize the RB has other responsibilities like pass protection right?

Pass protection can be picked up. He's not a dullard.

DJ is plenty big enough (5'10 200lb) already. Athletic QBs in HS end up playing a shi* ton of other positions.

Richt already hinted that Dallas could be moved there.

Advertisement
Thing is i'm not relying on Burns. I'm relying on Walton and even Homer. Everyone always worries about injuries. Well, if its to a starter i get it, but you can't be so focused on injuries or potential injuries you throw scholarships away because of it. we have 3or 4 spots available this year, and if we use them, they better go to someone who is going to make a difference. Otherwise we are essentially taking from the amount of EE's in the 2018 class we can count as 2017...which is important because we might sign over 25, and only have 10 seniors this yr; so every scholarship counts.

And how often do teams get down to their 3rd rb anyways? not very often. Sure it can happen, and we should have a plan in place incase it does happen. But if we do find ourselves in that situation i think it makes perfect sense to have Deejay Dallas playing RB. I think he can be a good RB. What i don't think makes too much sense is starting him at WR instead of RB or Safety (or corner) given the circumstances. Starting him at WR basically means he wont ever play DB for us. Because once the 2018 recruits get on campus they are already going to be further along than he is at db (since they played the position in hs), and are elite recruits. So either he needs a head start to be a contributor as a db, or he stays on offense.

You're missing the point, we're playing a lot of scrubs this year and we don't need walton and homer getting carriers in the 3rd quarter vs BCU, AK State, Toledu, Or Syracuse. If one of our top2 guys goes down in garbage time because we can't throw a proper RB back there we're in trouble. Your whole theory predicates on Homer and Walton being healthy all year. If one of those guys goes down panic will ensue. All of sudden we could be down to a sophmore RB with very little experience and a freshman QB.

You do realize gray isn't even practicing yet and is coming off major knee surgery right? We legitimately don't even have a #3 RB right now.

DJ Dallas spent most of his hs career running the ball from the qb position. We'll be fine if he gets moved there.

FIFY. You do realize the RB has other responsibilities like pass protection right?

DJ is plenty big enough (5'10 200lb) already. Athletic QBs in HS end up playing a shi* ton of other positions.

DJ is a great athlete but he's not the rare transcendent type. There's a reason teams weren't recruiting him as a rb.

DJ is a great athlete but he's not the rare transcendent type. There's a reason teams weren't recruiting him as a rb.

Dafug? He had offers from every school in the nation. RB, WR, and DB were all on the table.

"Consensus four-star prospect by 247Sports, ESPN, Rivals and Scout…Played quarterback, receiver, running back and defensive back at Glynn Academy…Also returned punts and kicks…Ranked No. 15 athlete nationwide by Rivals and No. 196 overall prospect regardless of position…Rated No. 231 prospect nationwide on ESPN300 and the 16th-best athlete…Earned No. 265 ranking on 247Sports’ Composite Rankings…Rushed for 1,139 yards and 13 touchdowns during junior year at Glynn…Added 678 passing yards and seven passing touchdowns…Led Terrors to 11-2 record in final year…Rushed for 168 yards to go along with 135 passing yards in final game of high school career in state quarterfinals …Chose Miami over offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State and Georgia, among others."

Bruh what are you even arguing for? From what he's shown in high school, we know more about him as a RB than as a WR or DB! I really don't get why you are calling him a WR, as if he wasn't taken as an athete that can play multiple positions. Its not like I'm saying move Cager to RB. ****, I'd be willing to bet that Berrios can be an adequate RB if in a game we absolutely needed him to be. **** Tavon Austin plays RB from time to time, so maybe Thomas or Harley could also at certain times.

And Yes we're playing a lot of scrubs. So put Deejay in at RB the second half for those games. He has a greater potential to make a difference at RB or Safety this year than he does WR...especially when we have another 3 Wrs that will be coming in the summer.
Also, as of this moment saying Burns has a "shoulder injury" doesn't mean he will be out still for fall practice. And Gray should be back by fall practices also. Just remember its only spring.

the more people worry about the 3rd/4th RB spot, the more I believe Deejay should play RB.

Mark Walton had 55% of all carries last season, and was going to get more carries this season regardless how the RB3/RB4 depth looked.
Id expect him to get about 60-65% of all carries this season. And I believe Homer will fill in for the remaining workload better than Edwards ever did, and probably on par or just below what Yearby was able to do...except he might be able to get a few more big plays than Yearby. So we're talking about bringing in a transfer to get those few carries at the end of the Toledo game

This comes down to most of yall being afraid of 2 guys getting injured, AND 2 more guys being injured the rest of the season, which we have no reason to believe will happen. I don't get why you guys arent as worried about TE depth as the RB depth though, since that is in an even worse situation as far as depth is concerned. Why aren't all you guys really hoping for a grad transfer TE? Because after Herndon we have two guys that got no PT last year and with a history of suspension...and a freshman.

Advertisement

Bruh what are you even arguing for? From what he's shown in high school, we know more about him as a RB than as a WR or DB! I really don't get why you are calling him a WR, as if he wasn't taken as an athete that can play multiple positions. Its not like I'm saying move Cager to RB. ****, I'd be willing to bet that Berrios can be an adequate RB if in a game we absolutely needed him to be. **** Tavon Austin plays RB from time to time, so maybe Thomas or Harley could also at certain times.

And Yes we're playing a lot of scrubs. So put Deejay in at RB the second half for those games. He has a greater potential to make a difference at RB or Safety this year than he does WR...especially when we have another 3 Wrs that will be coming in the summer.
Also, as of this moment saying Burns has a "shoulder injury" doesn't mean he will be out still for fall practice. And Gray should be back by fall practices also. Just remember its only spring.

the more people worry about the 3rd/4th RB spot, the more I believe Deejay should play RB.

Put the brick weed down. Burns has been out of action his entire career so it's more than reasonable to think he can't be counted on in the fall. With gray STILL not practicing you're hoping our WR is going to be our 3rd RB, That's great. I'm not saying he's a terrible option. I'm saying we need another RB PERIOD whether or not he's more talented than Deejay doesn't matter. It's you that's getting your panties bunched over an EE exception 1 year down the line. Our depth this year is much more important than 1 EE next year.

Put the brick weed down. Burns has been out of action his entire career so it's more than reasonable to think he can't be counted on in the fall. With gray STILL not practicing you're hoping our WR is going to be our 3rd RB, That's great. I'm not saying he's a terrible option. I'm saying we need another RB PERIOD whether or not he's more talented than Deejay doesn't matter. It's you that's getting your panties bunched over an EE exception 1 year down the line. Our depth this year is much more important than 1 EE next year.

lol stop trolling. DJ isn't "our WR". He's being tried out at WR FIRST, but even Richt himself said he could play RB for us if we needed him to.

Dude is gonna be the second leading rusher on the team this year and you're pre-whining about him. lulz.

lol stop trolling. DJ isn't "our WR". He's being tried out at WR FIRST, but even Richt himself said he could play RB for us if we needed him to.

Dude is gonna be the second leading rusher on the team this year and you're pre-whining about him. lulz.

Sig bet?

Bruh your the one that is literally getting upset at the idea of putting Deejay at RB because he's "our wr". At the same time you are agreeing it makes sense to move Deejay to RB, but also saying he is a WR so he can't be a rb. I really don't get it.

Fact is, Deejay can play RB, and should be moved to RB, as I've been saying since Anthony Macfarland chose Maryland. Do that, and we don't need no **** grad transfer RB. We would still have Gray and Burns by the time the season starts. Its not my fault you're too worried about the possibility of injuries. What are the **** chances our top 4 RBs (Walton, Homer, Burns, Gray) get injured in a season? Extremely unlikely.

Advertisement
Have any of you stopped to ask yourselves if DJ would be better or worse at RB than Dallas Crawford?

walton is a bell cow - one of the toughest RBs in the country. hopefully we utilize some 5 receiver sets to spell the RB position. get all the WR speed on the field at once maybe go 4WR with Herndon flexed out. still think we'll be fine w burns or gray getting 3rd team RB touches

walton is a bell cow - one of the toughest RBs in the country. hopefully we utilize some 5 receiver sets to spell the RB position. get all the WR speed on the field at once maybe go 4WR with Herndon flexed out. still think we'll be fine w burns or gray getting 3rd team RB touches

I'll be surprised if Burns ever plays a down here. And Gray is recovering from a serious injury. IMO it's more likely Deejay gets snaps at RB than either of those two. Hopefully Walton and Homer are healthy enough that we don't have to test that theory.

The problem is DJ has never played RB. He was a WR/FS before he was moved to QB his junior year. And while it's not likely that all four RB get hurt in a season, two of them haven't shown the ability to stay healthy. So now you're relying on two backs and we all know that both will see action in every game. That means you are one injury away from the third back being in the game in meaningful snaps. Having seen him live multiple times, he could be a situational RB but as for lining up down after down, I've never seen him do it.

Advertisement
DeeJay Dallas would make the perfect 3rd down back.

He is gonna get lost in the shuffle at WR. Ahmon Richards is the best college WR in the country. Jeff Thomas was the best high school WR in the country last year. Mark Pope is the best high school WR in the country this year. Add Mullins, Cager, Hightower, etc. and their are just not enough balls to go around.

Much more valuable as a RB.

With only two healthy RB on the roster, he may be more valuable as a RB right now. The real problem is that you want 6-8 RB on the roster and as of now we have two that are healthy. DJ, in the long run, will be of more value and better utilized as a receiver. He reminds me of Julian Edelman with the Patriots.

Wow... You're predicting more rushing yards out of DeeJay than Homer. How does that happen?

Last edited:
Advertisement

Wow... You're predicting more rushing yards out of DeeJay than Homer. How does that happen?

Brick weed laced with pesticides.

The only way I could see that would be if we use DeeJay on some motion/jet sweep/toss packages with Walton in the backfield.

It's because he hasn't a clue what he's talking about.

Advertisement
Back