Tyshon Dye *RB Depth* we kinda need this kid now...........

Lol with gus not having a burst.... he had the best burst on the team that played last year. Is he a great back? No but he definitely would have helped a lot this year

No. Homer hit's the hole fastest of the RBs we've had the last couple seasons.

Yeah but out of the backs who received majority of the carries last year the point still remains the same. Homer only got a handful of carries

And Gus transferred while Joe left for the draft... What does that tell you? If Gus was better than Homer and clearly stood to be #2 he would have stayed. Anything could have happened to Mark as the #1 . Joe saw the writing on wall and so did Gus.

Naw mane they did Gus wrong...dude didnt play till the end of the season he was already ****ed.... speaking of Gus time to change my avatar

Advertisement
Lol with gus not having a burst.... he had the best burst on the team that played last year. Is he a great back? No but he definitely would have helped a lot this year

Yeah but out of the backs who received majority of the carries last year the point still remains the same. Homer only got a handful of carries

And Gus transferred while Joe left for the draft... What does that tell you? If Gus was better than Homer and clearly stood to be #2 he would have stayed. Anything could have happened to Mark as the #1 . Joe saw the writing on wall and so did Gus.
Gus and yearby both made terrible decision especially yearby

Nah, Homer his better than Gus by far and will be a champ. Gus would've been 3rd string at best.

I have no idea where people get this from. Maybe Homer will end up better than Gus and Yearby, but right now we have a tiny sample size that doesn't say anything of that sort. If Yearby and Gus had both stayed it's more likely than not that Homer would have been fourth on the depth chart.

Yearby and Gus both PROVEN that they are solid ACC RBs. Homer has proven absolutely nothing.

I see a better athlete and RB when I watch him and project his ability. He was a better HS RB than both and T.Brown already said he has home-run ability every time he touches the rock. Lol at Gus proving anything.

Yearby was easily a better high school RB. All you are doing is projecting. Whereas we have definitive proof that the coaches thought Yearby and Gus were better than Homer. They played, Homer didn't.

Nah. Yearby played some QB, was in a better system for RBs, and had better surrounding talent, but Homer is a more complete RB and better athlete; bigger, stronger, faster. I'm projecting his up-coming year as the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] back because it's May, but not his ability as a RB.

Joe Yearby, 2014, RB, 5-9.0, 179, 4.58 40, 4.21 shuttle, 32 PB, 35.6 VJ, 96.21 Rating.

Travis Homer 2016 RB 5-11, 195, 4.48 40, 4.35 shuttle, 39.5 PB, 37.8 VJ 116.04 Rating (126.51 prev yr.)

Also read post below about PT and being #2 .

SPARQ ratings don't have anything to do with how good players were in high school. It's just a measure of athleticism. Anyways, looks like neither of us are going to change our minds, so let's agree to disagree.

I never understood why people thought a backup RB was going to leave Clemson, where he was comfortable and had friends, to be even deeper down the depth chart here. Never made sense to me.
Hasnt Richt himself mentioned that they might pick up another kid at RB before August? Sure sounds like he thought this might happen.

He said they wanted to pick someone up. If he thought it was a guy with a year left who left his NC team and friends at Clemson because he wanted to play, then he's not a very smart guy. If there's a grad transfer out there from a moribund program who wants a bigger stage to showcase his skills or just wants to be a part of a winning program that has a chance to play in a big bowl game, then he could get a guy like that to come here to take 3rd team reps.

Advertisement
Why would anybody with talent come to Miami to sit behind Walton? The guy Dye was a shytburger and is injured more then Burns...Oh yea plus he sucks.... Gus is better then any running back we have on the roster minjuus maybe Walton... Any grad transfer running back we bring in will be a piece of ****.... yall mufuggas gonna be begging for Gus if Walton gets hurt.....it was mis management of the running back position the reason why were in this debacle now. Dallas is not the answer

Nah, Homer his better than Gus by far and will be a champ. Gus would've been 3rd string at best.

I have no idea where people get this from. Maybe Homer will end up better than Gus and Yearby, but right now we have a tiny sample size that doesn't say anything of that sort. If Yearby and Gus had both stayed it's more likely than not that Homer would have been fourth on the depth chart.

Yearby and Gus both PROVEN that they are solid ACC RBs. Homer has proven absolutely nothing.

I see a better athlete and RB when I watch him and project his ability. He was a better HS RB than both and T.Brown already said he has home-run ability every time he touches the rock. Lol at Gus proving anything.

Yearby was easily a better high school RB. All you are doing is projecting. Whereas we have definitive proof that the coaches thought Yearby and Gus were better than Homer. They played, Homer didn't.

And Willis McGahee looked like trash as a RS freshmans. Portis ate his lunch and had him asking to transfer. Then, as a sophomore he had the best year by a RB in UM history. No one saw that coming based on how hesitant Willis looked as a freshmans.

I never understood why people thought a backup RB was going to leave Clemson, where he was comfortable and had friends, to be even deeper down the depth chart here. Never made sense to me.
Hasnt Richt himself mentioned that they might pick up another kid at RB before August? Sure sounds like he thought this might happen.

He said they wanted to pick someone up. If he thought it was a guy with a year left who left his NC team and friends at Clemson because he wanted to play, then he's not a very smart guy. If there's a grad transfer out there from a moribund program who wants a bigger stage to showcase his skills or just wants to be a part of a winning program that has a chance to play in a big bowl game, then he could get a guy like that to come here to take 3rd team reps.
I can't comment on whether he's smart, but i'd guess that he wouldn't have been talking about picking a guy up if he didn't think it was going to happen. Maybe there's someone else out there but the only name anyone around the program has mentioned so far was Dye.

I can't comment on whether he's smart, but i'd guess that he wouldn't have been talking about picking a guy up if he didn't think it was going to happen. Maybe there's someone else out there but the only name anyone around the program has mentioned so far was Dye.

I'm sure they tried to get Dye, but if they thought they had a good chance they're dumb. It never made any sense.

Advertisement

Naw mane they did Gus wrong...dude didnt play till the end of the season he was already ****ed.... speaking of Gus time to change my avatar

I'm not in the coaching room. I thought he could have had more chances or been used a little differently, but one can't use the coaches to say a true freshman (Travis Homer) wasn't talented enough to get more carries than a Junior (Gus Edwards), but not reconcile how Gus transfers his senior season because he didn't want to compete with a true sophomore in Homer. Makes no sense.

Last edited:

Nah. Yearby played some QB, was in a better system for RBs, and had better surrounding talent, but Homer is a more complete RB and better athlete; bigger, stronger, faster. I'm projecting his up-coming year as the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] back because it's May, but not his ability as a RB.

Joe Yearby, 2014, RB, 5-9.0, 179, 4.58 40, 4.21 shuttle, 32 PB, 35.6 VJ, 96.21 Rating.

Travis Homer 2016 RB 5-11, 195, 4.48 40, 4.35 shuttle, 39.5 PB, 37.8 VJ 116.04 Rating (126.51 prev yr.)

Also read post below about PT and being #2 .

SPARQ ratings don't have anything to do with how good players were in high school. It's just a measure of athleticism. Anyways, looks like neither of us are going to change our minds, so let's agree to disagree.

I know what SPARQ score measures; I purposely said Homer is a "better athlete".

But also realize the offense Yearby was in was responsible for his numbers and this isn't H.S. anymore.

Gus and yearby both made terrible decision especially yearby

Right, but why?

Advertisement
Mark Walton had 55% of all carries last season, and was going to get more carries this season regardless how the RB3/RB4 depth looked.
Id expect him to get about 6065% of all carries this season. And I believe Homer will fill in for the remaining workload better than Edwards ever did, and probably on par or just below what Yearby was able to do...except he might be able to get a few more big plays than Yearby. So we're talking about bringing in a transfer to get those few carries at the end of the Toledo game

This comes down to most of yall being afraid of 2 guys getting injured, AND 2 more guys being injured the rest of the season, which we have no reason to believe will happen. I don't get why you guys arent as worried about TE depth as the RB depth though, since that is in an even worse situation as far as depth is concerned. Why aren't all you guys really hoping for a grad transfer TE? Because after Herndon we have two guys that got no PT last year and with a history of suspension...and a freshman.

RB has a much higher probability of injury than TE. Also, losing your running game has a bigger impact on your offense than losing TEs. You can game plan around a lack of TEs (most college teams don't even pass to TEs). There's not much you can do if you lose your running game.

Gus has a burst? Are you ****ing joking? FOH.

Yeah watch the f_cking games and you would see it, hop off my d*ck and quit responding to everyone of my post. Move around, go get a b*tch, go get some money but quit stalking me being weird and sh*t

What games are you watching? Gus never showed burst of speed (except vs FAMU) and even there he looked slow. He was called Gus the Bus because of his size and he didn't even run like a big guy. I bet you thought Kaaya was a mobile QB too?

I'll take Dye just to have another body, but if we make it to our 5th RB then I'd rather roll with Crispy Atkins or Deejay Dallas.

Wasn't Sayonara Gray doing squats with 465 a couple weeks ago? I'd say he's well on his way to being ready for fall practice.

Gray is definitely going to be ready to go by the time the season starts.
And Burns has a **** shoulder injury. No shoulder injury is going to keep you out 5 months.

And Richt has been talking about adding another guy, Dye, at RB, but hasn't mentioned anything about Deejay Dallas. So its reasonable that he is really only looking to add one more RB. He doesn't have to look very far, as he has someone at WR that can do it.

It really is amazing how much some people don't want to use the simplest most logical answer to a depth problem, which is move Deejay Dallas to Rb. Instead they want to get a graduate transfer, who probably wouldn't even be as good as Dallas, and has an injury history probably worse than Burns, just to have him be our 3rd string RB. Also, I really don't get why a graduate transfer, looking to get more PT than he got at Clemson (only about 20
-30 carries/yr) would come to Miami where we have a definite starter in place, that honestly he has almost no chance of beating out.
Richt said Dallas could play RB right after the first or second practice.

Could doesn't mean he should. Richt's own comments says he's looking to bring in somebody indicates he's looking at moving DJ to RB as a last option.

Advertisement

I'm sure they tried to get Dye, but if they thought they had a good chance they're dumb. It never made any sense.

I'm with you. But the roster management at rb sure looks to be a mess. Today's story on rivals is DJ Johnson may get tried there. Conveniently run the day Dye announces he isn't coming. They apparently put all their eggs in mcfarland's basket and were surprised he didn't come. No idea what happened with dye but could be something similar. Whatever the case, hopefully they can piece it together this year and build depth at the spot.

I'm with you. But the roster management at rb sure looks to be a mess. Today's story on rivals is DJ Johnson may get tried there. Conveniently run the day Dye announces he isn't coming. They apparently put all their eggs in mcfarland's basket and were surprised he didn't come. No idea what happened with dye but could be something similar. Whatever the case, hopefully they can piece it together this year and build depth at the spot.

Bruh youre making it out to be a bigger problem than it is. Ive been saying since ***pie pulled that *** move that we should NOT get any other rb. Just ******* switch deejay and move on. Putting DJ Johnson at RB before dallas, sounds like the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

Bruh youre making it out to be a bigger problem than it is. Ive been saying since ***pie pulled that *** move that we should NOT get any other rb. Just ******* switch deejay and move on. Putting DJ Johnson at RB before dallas, sounds like the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

I don't know if it's a big problem or not. It's concerning to have no depth. It's not great to have to move talented prospects from other positions to plug a hole that shouldn't exist. I know that if Walton gets hurt it's a huge mess. And I know that we have a favorable schedule, a great D and should and need to win enough this year to hold together the recruiting class that can transform this program. Hopefully RB doesn't end up being a problem. Kinda hard to know that it won't be though.

Gray is not an ACC running back and is coming off major surgery
Burns is Mr Glass

Pray to God Walton holds up and Homer can take some touches. Scary thin

Gray shyts on Dye. So does Deejay Dallas.

the things I saw Gray do on the videos from spring and fall camps in the past were just crazy. I hope he can pull it together. Young man seems to have natural talent.

IMO Gray's problems are just like Homers...its behind the line of scrimmage... I see them both running into the back of lineman and in oiucking up blitzes....they dont have that natural ability......in the open field they are both talented....
If I had ****....
You do.

Advertisement
Back