Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
There’s a decent shot for UM here, and Stevenson could come in and start from Day 1 given the depth chart at Miami. With plans now to be an early graduate, Stevenson says he will sign in December. And after he said Miami will be on the table on signing day, we asked how many hats he expects up there. “I’ll get it to three,” Stevenson said. We also asked his plans for the final weekend in July. “I don’t know where I’ll go yet, maybe Paradise,” he said.

Thanks for sharing. He's clearly still on the fence and very noncommittal for that day. He definitely also tends to tell the team reporter interviewing him a little of what that fanbase wants to hear. Time will tell

Advertisement
I enrolled at UM in 1986. Our US News ranking was in the high 80s. They don't even rank to 250.

I honestly do not remember the actual ranking, but my parents did not even allow us to apply. Our "safety" school was UF because it was cheap and MUCH higher ranked than UM.

It is funny, but back in the mid-80s, UVA, Berkeley, UCLA and maybe UNC were considered top tier. Michigan was close to that level, and UF was considered a level below Michigan. I spoke to the College Advisor for my cousin and he says that UF is now inferior to Georgia. He says the difference between a UF degree and Michigan is marked... He said the main culprit is "spending cuts by the state of Florida and a lack of recent, sizable endowment campaigns". He said all incoming freshman at UF take at least one class solely on-line, and that the requirements for a degree have declined steadily and notably over the past 30 years.

He thinks that a UM degree is worth the added cost...

HOw times change.

Why are your posts so ignorant? He chose Purdue before he was ranked in the top 20.

And why are you so angry? You used "*******" 4 times in 6 sentences, for a kid who is a UM (and Purdue) legacy and who just recently moved up in the recruiting rankings. And you're screaming about Stanford.

Weird.

People can use a curse word without being angry you know. That is a thing that is possible.
It doesn't matter when he chose Purdue if he is ranked top 20 when he signs.

I just think its a stupid decision to go to a bad school. I'd personally rather go to Stanford, Michigan, Cal, GTech, etc over Purdue.

I honestly do not remember the actual ranking, but my parents did not even allow us to apply. Our "safety" school was UF because it was cheap and MUCH higher ranked than UM.

It is funny, but back in the mid-80s, UVA, Berkeley, UCLA and maybe UNC were considered top tier. Michigan was close to that level, and UF was considered a level below Michigan. I spoke to the College Advisor for my cousin and he says that UF is now inferior to Georgia. He says the difference between a UF degree and Michigan is marked... He said the main culprit is "spending cuts by the state of Florida and a lack of recent, sizable endowment campaigns". He said all incoming freshman at UF take at least one class solely on-line, and that the requirements for a degree have declined steadily and notably over the past 30 years.

He thinks that a UM degree is worth the added cost...

HOw times change.
uhhh, UVA, Cal, UCLA, Michigan, and UNC are STILL considered top tier. They are literally the BEST public schools in the country. Well maybe 2nd tier if you're gunna put like the Ivy's, and Stanford, and MIT up by themselves.

Advertisement
I get that. But its ******* Purdue. This isn't like he's choosing to stay home at a top school. And I get Purdue has excellent engineering. But so does ******* Stanford. If you want to go to a school that has great academics, you can do that while still not ******* yourself when you are ranked top ******* 20 in the nation by one recruiting service (247).

How is he ******* himself?

Stevenson:

"Georgia has the re-opening of their locker room," Stevenson said, at The Opening Finals. "Florida State has their camp going and UM has their camp going too, so I do not know yet where I will be visiting. I will probably just go to Miami before their camp."

Not a good look for us
This like when you trying to schedule all your broads on the week of a Thanksgiving.

Whoever get that Turkey day visit w the moms is the one.

Advertisement
I'm just hoping Gil has trained his boy on how to pimp Kirby and Cuban coffee punkass for those down payment checks, and that's all this entire ordeal was about.
Its possible who knows man....this gives me a little hope more than i had before. Still think he ends up elsewhere but theres hope at least.....hope the kid has a fire burning love for the U. Kid is a top ten talent this cycle overall regardless of position

Yes. Have been for over 200 years now..........

Crazy how people around the country view UNC as a top notch School. I’ve lived in Raleigh my whole life and outside of the local liberals nobody thinks anything of that school outside of their graduate degrees. It’s not that hard to get into, and having been up there multiple times, it’s filled with mostly kids who couldn’t get into Wake Forest.

Advertisement
Crazy how people around the country view UNC as a top notch School. I’ve lived in Raleigh my whole life and outside of the local liberals nobody thinks anything of that school outside of their graduate degrees. It’s not that hard to get into, and having been up there multiple times, it’s filled with mostly kids who couldn’t get into Wake Forest.

If you don't live in NC, you have about a 10% shot of getting in. For out of state kids, it's one of the hardest schools to get into. Unless, of course, you are a lacrosse player from the Northeast.

Not. Coming.

Thank god somebody understands it.

We're going to have 6 or 7 months of porsters on this board running laps around each other trying to convince everyone that he's coming here. HE"S NOT COMING HERE.

If you don't live in NC, you have about a 10% shot of getting in. For out of state kids, it's one of the hardest schools to get into. Unless, of course, you are a lacrosse player from the Northeast.

It’s certainly not like that in state. If you apply early and you’re not an idiot you get in. Duke and Wake Forest are a different story

Advertisement
It’s certainly not like that in state. If you apply early and you’re not an idiot you get in. Duke and Wake Forest are a different story
Sorry but that's not true. You may get into UNC-Greensboro/Wilmington/Pembroke but you're not getting into Chapel Hill that easily.

UNC is highly ranked, it’s up there with Michigan, but not as high as UVA. It is known as a public ivy. It’s also true about out of state vs instate. Out of state, you may as well shoot for Duke, it’s almost just as hard to get into. In state, it’s not easy but nowhere near as hard as out of state.

Sorry but that's not true. You may get into UNC-Greensboro/Wilmington/Pembroke but you're not getting into Chapel Hill that easily.

Its actually not. I got into Chapel Hill along with so many other people I know that weren’t at the top of their class. I’m sure if you know people that go there, they’ll tell you how smart they are and how prestigious the school is though. If you have a 3.5 in high school and apply early you’re gonna get in more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back