Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
I get that. But its ******* Purdue. This isn't like he's choosing to stay home at a top school. And I get Purdue has excellent engineering. But so does ******* Stanford. If you want to go to a school that has great academics, you can do that while still not ******* yourself when you are ranked top ******* 20 in the nation by one recruiting service (247).
Question, why do you care so much? If the kid wants to go to Purdue that's his right. Some players actually value education over football. I'd like to see Miami take one more shot at the kid but if he wants to stay home I salute that young man for making the decision he wants to make.

90% of the people following this recruitment believe Stevensons situation is shaping up to be a Bag game. I don't think most of them believe it's because he was raised poorly or that he's uneducated.

But you know what helps a kid get out of the muck and start a life outside of football? A bag with half a million dollars in it. I come from the upper class and I'm not turning that bag down, even if there is a small chance of trouble.

I'm sure many of us are wayyyyy too emotionally invested in this team.i click on this thread daily and like many others (and you) have seen this situation play out way too many times. I guess after years of losing out on top recruits I'm not worried about getting in trouble, I'm worried about getting Stevenson.

Now before you pull out the thesaurus, I'm not interested in the name calling or the battle of who contributes more to society. I'll gladly concede to the fact you are 1000 times more important to this world than I am.

Now email transfer me $1000.00 and let's delete this thread.

You have thoroughly misunderstood my position.

You have thoroughly misunderstood my position.

IMG_0959.PNG

Stevenson:

"Georgia has the re-opening of their locker room," Stevenson said, at The Opening Finals. "Florida State has their camp going and UM has their camp going too, so I do not know yet where I will be visiting. I will probably just go to Miami before their camp."

Not a good look for us

Advertisement
Stevenson:

"Georgia has the re-opening of their locker room," Stevenson said, at The Opening Finals. "Florida State has their camp going and UM has their camp going too, so I do not know yet where I will be visiting. I will probably just go to Miami before their camp."

Not a good look for us
The fat lady just sang

Stevenson:

Not a good look for us

Has their been a local kid that turned down Paradise to go elsewhere that we ended up signing?

I think we know the answer.

Advertisement
So did 247 move Stevenson and Payton up in their top 247? Stevenson at 11, and Payton at 30.....and George Karlaftis at 12 - idk why that dude is seriously committed to Purdue. Like he could go to Stanford and get just as good of an education, and actually go to a real football school.

You don't know why he is seriously committed to Purdue? Both of his parents are Purdue alums of the graduate school, and he has lived there for the past 6 years.

It doesn't matter if Stanford is the better school, he has a comfort level with Purdue. Just read every once in a while.

If true, not a good omen. (Stevenson)

Best you can hope for is in the back of his mind he’s still got us on top, but he’s getting a stack to go to the other camp. So he makes his appearance, if allowed, and goes get his stack. Those rolls don’t have strings, you just have to attend.

Re opening of locker room. Lol
They promised me a locker with my name on it and a 20k bag inside it.

Stevenson:

Not a good look for us
That was from an interview earlier this week. Interview today on Rivals he said he will most likely be at Paradise camp.

Advertisement
Ridiculous! In 1991, Miami was ranked #250 in US New and World Report............ It now boasts the highest ranking in the state and its last president raised $4 billion. It also boasts the #6 biotech hub in the Southern United States. Alabama will NEVER become a "decent university". Never. Alabama can pay a player $250,000 during recruiting. Miami will NEVER do that. 8% of the top high school players in the country make sizable income in the NFL and 75% of those that "make it" file for bankruptcy. These kids will accept the money and will never really consider Miami.

Stevenson and that running-back from Aquinas are going to take the money..... Not even God could convince these kids to sign with Miami!

I enrolled at UM in 1986. Our US News ranking was in the high 80s. They don't even rank to 250.

That was from an interview earlier this week. Interview today on Rivals he said he will most likely be at Paradise camp.

Can you give us a quote? Def good to hear that.

We're all just speculating now. All that really matters is where he decides to be on July 28

I get that. But its ******* Purdue. This isn't like he's choosing to stay home at a top school. And I get Purdue has excellent engineering. But so does ******* Stanford. If you want to go to a school that has great academics, you can do that while still not ******* yourself when you are ranked top ******* 20 in the nation by one recruiting service (247).

Why are your posts so ignorant? He chose Purdue before he was ranked in the top 20.

And why are you so angry? You used "*******" 4 times in 6 sentences, for a kid who is a UM (and Purdue) legacy and who just recently moved up in the recruiting rankings. And you're screaming about Stanford.

Weird.

Advertisement
Can you give us a quote? Def good to hear that.

We're all just speculating now. All that really matters is where he decides to be on July 28

There’s a decent shot for UM here, and Stevenson could come in and start from Day 1 given the depth chart at Miami. With plans now to be an early graduate, Stevenson says he will sign in December. And after he said Miami will be on the table on signing day, we asked how many hats he expects up there. “I’ll get it to three,” Stevenson said. We also asked his plans for the final weekend in July. “I don’t know where I’ll go yet, maybe Paradise,” he said.

Stevenson:

Not a good look for us
He knows he can come to Miami any day of the week but paradise is different. This is a BIG time event with NFL legends. I think our staff needs to put some pressure on our top targets to ensure they are in attendance. Aside from our home games, this is the biggest event of the year for us.

He knows he can come to Miami any day of the week but paradise is different. This is a BIG time event with NFL legends. I think our staff needs to put some pressure on our top targets to ensure they are in attendance. Aside from our home games, this is the biggest event of the year for us.
Agreed. Hope the staff has informed him that they don't consider any local player a serious recruit unless he attends paradise .
Big decision for the kid. Clearly his heart is in Miami but the bags are somewhere else. I hope we get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back