Tyler Harrell and Elijah Arroyo...

gacaneaddict

Junior
We have 2 big time weapons for their respective positions, and we need to use them in this game.

If UNc wants to copy what GT did defensively you can make them pay with these 2 players.

Arroyo working the seam and middle of field, and Harrell stretching the field.

I'm not sure Dawson is the crunchiest pickle in the jar, but he needs to involve Harrell in the deep passing game. Even if Harrell is running a deep post he will attract attention.

We have tried going deep once to Harrell all season, and he was overthrown. Let the Ferrari out of the garage.

Advertisement
We have 2 big time weapons for their respective positions, and we need to use them in this game.

If UNc wants to copy what GT did defensively you can make them pay with these 2 players.

Arroyo working the seam and middle of field, and Harrell stretching the field.

I'm not sure Dawson is the crunchiest pickle in the jar, but he needs to involve Harrell in the deep passing game. Even if Harrell is running a deep post he will attract attention.

We have tried going deep once to Harrell all season, and he was overthrown. Let the Ferrari out of the garage.
He has been asked his last couple of pressers about getting more involved and said they want to but the style we play and current substitution patterns we see I doubt we see much difference..

If we have trouble getting guys pt versus temple and gt, coaches usually tighten their rotations against meat of schedule and go with guys they trust.. maybe arroyo gets a look coming off injury

He has been asked his last couple of pressers about getting more involved and said they want to but the style we play and current substitution patterns we see I doubt we see much difference..

If we have trouble getting guys pt versus temple and gt, coaches usually tighten their rotations against meat of schedule and go with guys they trust.. maybe arroyo gets a look coming off injury
This is a good point. You spend the first few games especially against weaker teams trying to finalize your guys

We have done that for the most part so then it’s tough to just fit someone new back into the mix sometimes

But I think Dawson wants to do it just not always as simple as taking guys out like a video game

Advertisement
+1 on Horton.

I'm at the point where I could do without any TEs in the field at all. They don't strike fear into anyone and they only encourage the "power spread" 3-4 WRs was working. Let's get back to that.

Perhaps we should consider more 4WR looks with Harrell in the slot. Or, bump him outside and have George and Restrepo as opposite slots. Sure, we take Cam’s (or Williams’) motion and blocking off the table, but IMO, we make matters far more uncomfortable for defenses with this lineup or ones like it. I’m still happy to matchup our 5 OL against extremely light boxes. Or, if the defense prefers, Young/George/Restrepo/Harrell or Young/Restrepo/Smith/George against 5 DBs (if the defense chooses to bring another defender into the box), help us dictate to the defense.

I would love to see Arroyo in action, don't really care if its Harrel, Young, George or Horton we take shots with. Miami chose not to take shots until late which helped GT get comfortable and squat on everything 10yds and in. Miami was its own worst enemy. I give GT credit for good tackling, they squatted and tackled and turned the game into a grinder.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is a good point. You spend the first few games especially against weaker teams trying to finalize your guys

We have done that for the most part so then it’s tough to just fit someone new back into the mix sometimes

But I think Dawson wants to do it just not always as simple as taking guys out like a video game
Yea, when he is saying in presser its tough to get guys in against the lineup of games we played, I only see it getting tighter when on the road against top 10 teams like UNC and FSU.. maybe if a guy gets nicked up but and they are forced, we heard about ray ray turning heads before season and he cant even sniff the field

Everyone has different philosophy, listening to mack brown presser and he was talking about how he is playing more guys as guys get better and keeps them out portal, kinda raised eyebrows by his candid take but he is older and more comfortable speaking..

Perhaps we should consider more 4WR looks with Harrell in the slot. Or, bump him outside and have George and Restrepo as opposite slots. Sure, we take Cam’s (or Williams’) motion and blocking off the table, but IMO, we make matters far more uncomfortable for defenses with this lineup or ones like it. I’m still happy to matchup our 5 OL against extremely light boxes. Or, if the defense prefers, Young/George/Restrepo/Harrell or Young/Restrepo/Smith/George against 5 DBs (if the defense chooses to bring another defender into the box), help us dictate to the defense.
They have said they want to get him involved but when they go 4 wide most likely Smith coming in and we can barely get him reps. I think you can count his targets on one hand at moment. Ray ray was talk of camp and he cant even sniff reps, that just seems like the way they are cooking right now. I do think we stress a defense in 4 wide also cuz teams are starting to not even cover Cam and go get picks (backs probably have 5 targets total, TE maybe 7/8)

Advertisement
I would love to see Arroyo in action, don't really care if its Harrel, Young, George or Horton we take shots with. Miami chose not to take shots until late which helped GT get comfortable and squat on everything 10yds and in. Miami was its own worst enemy. I give GT credit for good tackling, they squatted and tackled and turned the game into a grinder.
Yea it was weird, they gave us middle of field and we decided to play in phone booth, especially 1st half.. If we have identity of saying we going vertical before season and then we just go in phone booth against freakin GT when they sit in 2 deep, cmon..

This “current substitution pattern” coachspeak is why corches are corches. Mike leach is rolling in his grave hearing those words. If “substitution patterns” is preventing your most explosive players from seeing the field much (even when the offense is struggling), then adjust your substitution patterns to get guys like Harrell, arroyo, CJJ, Ray Ray, Horton, et al on the field more.

Advertisement
Back