*Two-Zero E Reed, Boi...Hired as Chief of Staff*

We sure do win the off-season.

It's crystal clear the players are disconnected from this staff, they just aren't taken seriously. If nothing else, Ed Reed was a big part of what made us NFL-U, and he did a **** of a lot more than just show up at Miami to get there. Perhaps they'll take him seriously.

For all the awareness Diaz showed at times as a DC, he was inexplicably bad at making adjustments as a head coach, as evidenced by his horrific performance coming off bye weeks, and against teams with less talent. We were out-coached more often than not. I think a presence like Reed can help in evaluating why we suck so bad at preparing.

I still think the AD is broken and that the leadership is weak. I am still disappointed that they didn't find a role for Highsmith, even if as a high-level consultant for two years. He has evaluated talent professionally, an are we stink, and he has seen the elite college programs annually. There are a lot of deficiencies in the way we approach our program that are glaring, and we still haven't addressed them. He has expertise and experience in those areas.

There is no downside to this move with Reed, but I am keeping my expectations tempered until I see some real changes in how we did business. This AD and HC have gotten plenty of advice from multiple sources and they have yet to do the most critical thing- LISTEN!

Advertisement
We sure do win the off-season.

It's crystal clear the players are disconnected from this staff, they just aren't taken seriously. If nothing else, Ed Reed was a big part of what made us NFL-U, and he did a **** of a lot more than just show up at Miami to get there. Perhaps they'll take him seriously.

For all the awareness Diaz showed at times as a DC, he was inexplicably bad at making adjustments as a head coach, as evidenced by his horrific performance coming off bye weeks, and against teams with less talent. We were out-coached more often than not. I think a presence like Reed can help in evaluating why we suck so bad at preparing.

I still think the AD is broken and that the leadership is weak. I am still disappointed that they didn't find a role for Highsmith, even if as a high-level consultant for two years. He has evaluated talent professionally, an are we stink, and he has seen the elite college programs annually. There are a lot of deficiencies in the way we approach our program that are glaring, and we still haven't addressed them. He has expertise and experience in those areas.

There is no downside to this move with Reed, but I am keeping my expectations tempered until I see some real changes in how we did business. This AD and HC have gotten plenty of advice from multiple sources and they have yet to do the most critical thing- LISTEN!
Well said!

so what did zo want that reed doesnt have? seems to be exactly what we wanted Zo to have in terms of power/duties/etc.? did he want to be the final answer not an adviser to manny?
Zo has more experience in admin so he probably wanted more authority, and probably deserved more. Ed maybe viewing this job as his entry into this side of sports

Advertisement
Absolute HOME RUN hire. Period
This guy is going to be incredible in evaluating and uplifting talent and bringing in recruits. He will be a huge asset. 🔥🙌🏼🔥🙌🏼🔥🙌🏼
02FE88D1-2718-4F80-B98B-926426D4060C.jpeg

Ed Reed DB coach

Ray Lewis LBer coach

Andre Johnson WRs coach

Frank Gore RBs Coach

Ken Dorsey QBs coCh

Greg Olsen TEs Coach

Devin Hester Special Teams Coach

Alonzo Highsmith AD

Manny Diaz fired for being an incompetent FSU graduate.

Instant upgrade across the board

Prefer Shockey as TE coach and perhaps Portis at RB coach but this is otherwise spot on

Advertisement
I'm a Baltimore native. Diehard Ravens fan. And while I LOVE Ed Reed, and while he is known as a football genius and super respected by the Tom Brady and Belichick types, he was never a vocal leader on those teams. It was 100% Ray's team. Not a salesman type. And he was considered sort of his own dude. Walked to a different beat. Wasn't influenced by bling, wasn't interested in the nightlife. So I guess I'm just curious how his lead-by-example approach works here. Definitely can't hurt if his work ethic rubs off.

For all u idiots think Ed REEd is a a yes man. You dont know the fck ur talking about. He never was or is a yes man.
Our program will change, I will bet my family n kids on it.
It is not about the character of Ed Reed. He is one of our old time greats (if not the greatest). It is about what his say would mean to Diaz who will take it to heart or ignore it. The problem I see here, and I hope I'm wrong is we still have to trust Diaz judgement at end of the day.
My problem with the hire is not with Ed Reed it is with the "advisory" nature of his role.

Advertisement
I'm a Baltimore native. Diehard Ravens fan. And while I LOVE Ed Reed, and while he is known as a football genius and super respected by the Tom Brady and Belichick types, he was never a vocal leader on those teams. It was 100% Ray's team. Not a salesman type. And he was considered sort of his own dude. Walked to a different beat. Wasn't influenced by bling, wasn't interested in the nightlife. So I guess I'm just curious how his lead-by-example approach works here. Definitely can't hurt if his work ethic rubs off.

That's exactly what we need imo. Vocal leaders and salesmen are a dime a dozen. We need someone who was all business and loved the U so much he actually came back for his senior year, unlike everyone else.

Imo he may not have the administrative background or NFL connections Zo has, but he can do great things in the locker room and be a great sounding board for Manny.

Manny didn’t say he could in the first place, these guys recruit on campus

The Manny was Navarro in the first place. There was confusion in an answer he gave earlier because of how a question was worded to him. Easy there Brock, put the coffee down. It's getting late.

Advertisement
The Manny was Navarro in the first place. There was confusion in an answer he gave earlier because of how a question was worded to him. Easy there Brock, put the coffee down. It's getting late.
No one was confused, he said under ncaa guidelines. Since he’s not one of the main 10 assistant coaches that implies recruiting on campus man

Advertisement
Back