*Two-Zero E Reed, Boi...Hired as Chief of Staff*

We know Ed Reed the player we know nothing about him as a personnel guy. This program can’t afford anymore experiments it’s a disaster down there.
You guys are either intentionally moping to get attention or think football is way more complicated than it is.

College football success formula is simple: evaluate and sign great players (Reed has been in football forever, has incredible cache with parents of any recruit in the country); put them in the best system to succeed (No one studied film more or was a smarter player than Reed. Safe to say Reed knows more football and what it takes to be successful than anyone at UM. He wasn’t necessarily blessed with the greatest physical ability); and motivate and push buttons to get guys on edge (“I’m hurt dog!”).

This isn’t all that complicated. This program just got a lot better today. Winners win.

Advertisement
You guys are either intentionally moping to get attention or think football is way more complicated than it is.

College football success formula is simple: evaluate and sign great players (Reed has been in football forever, has incredible cache with parents of any recruit in the country); put them in the best system to succeed (No one studied film more or was a smarter player than Reed. Safe to say Reed knows more football and what it takes to be successful than anyone at UM. He wasn’t necessarily blessed with the greatest physical ability); and motivate and push buttons to get guys on edge (“I’m hurt dog!”).

This isn’t all that complicated. This program just got a lot better today. Winners win.

How in the holy fūck does anybody see this as a negative? Somebody needs to explain that to me.

These fūcking mopes think that because people are praising this hire as a benefit to the program, that somehow Blake and Manny are being exonerated. They are not. Any normal thinking person still thinks that they’re on the hot seat.

But what’s wrong with making an improvement? As far as I’m concerned, they can fire Manny and Blake and still keep ER. One of the best parts of this move is he’s not really tied to those two guys.

Most intelligent people realize this.

We sure do win the off-season.

It's crystal clear the players are disconnected from this staff, they just aren't taken seriously. If nothing else, Ed Reed was a big part of what made us NFL-U, and he did a **** of a lot more than just show up at Miami to get there. Perhaps they'll take him seriously.

For all the awareness Diaz showed at times as a DC, he was inexplicably bad at making adjustments as a head coach, as evidenced by his horrific performance coming off bye weeks, and against teams with less talent. We were out-coached more often than not. I think a presence like Reed can help in evaluating why we suck so bad at preparing.

I still think the AD is broken and that the leadership is weak. I am still disappointed that they didn't find a role for Highsmith, even if as a high-level consultant for two years. He has evaluated talent professionally, an are we stink, and he has seen the elite college programs annually. There are a lot of deficiencies in the way we approach our program that are glaring, and we still haven't addressed them. He has expertise and experience in those areas.

There is no downside to this move with Reed, but I am keeping my expectations tempered until I see some real changes in how we did business. This AD and HC have gotten plenty of advice from multiple sources and they have yet to do the most critical thing- LISTEN!

This 1000%

This is the weird type of hire that Blake is known for. Apparently experience is not a plus, nor required to work in the UM athletic department.

The real hires should
Have been Zo as COS
And Ed Reed as an on field coach.

I don’t think having Ed Reed around is a bad thing. But how are we going to be maximize his talent while we still have Banda coaching our Safeties instead. And Patke coaching strikers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How in the holy fūck does anybody see this as a negative? Somebody needs to explain that to me.

These fūcking mopes think that because people are praising this hire as a benefit to the program, that somehow Blake and Manny are being exonerated. They are not. Any normal thinking person still thinks that they’re on the hot seat.

But what’s wrong with making an improvement? As far as I’m concerned, they can fire Manny and Blake and still keep ER. One of the best parts of this move is he’s not really tied to those two guys.

Most intelligent people realize this.
Dumb people tend to use negativity as a rudimentary implement to make themselves appear bright. Most of the dumbest failures I’ve ever beaten or otherwise vanquished are negative.

Yes we know by current reports of guys partying before games missing curfew like JW who is supposed to be the leader of the team. He came into games against FIU and LTech unprepared due to partying. So no wonder he stunk up the game.

When he decided to leave it was DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ***! for me.
By now we all should be tired of babysitting these guy's that’s not taking their careers seriously.
Good point, and now we are paying the price for this foolishness......you either want it or you don't...Ed will bring it.

You guys are overthinking this. It’s a move with zero downside and unlimited Upside. It’s like someone giving you shares of a stock and then telling you if it goes up you get to keep the proceeds. If it goes down you lose nothing. We have nothing to lose. We already hit bottom.
These twats are acting like we fired Sabag to make room for Reed.

That's not true at all.

I can’t believe that guy still posts here. You have to try to be wrong as much as he is. Oh well.

That being said, I’ll steal a line from Mike Ryan. Ed Reed has never failed at anything in his entire life. The program got better today. Period. Let’s see where it takes us, but putting that man and that personality into a position where he’s working solely to make the University of Miami football program better is simply nothing but a good thing.

Advertisement

Yeah - even if Diaz tanks on game day, this is still a huge addition. I can’t imagine him being around and it not directly impacting Baker, Rumph, Banda, and Pancakes in some positive way.

Player wise? Can’t wait to see a healthy Bubba back on the field with a little Ed sprinkled on his ear As well.

Ill say this and leave it at that.

This is an excellent move and hire for Miami. Ed Reed bring instant credibility to the program. This is a man who has excelled at every level of his career and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience with him. Hes an individual of high character and most importantly he will bring ACCOUNTABILITY to the program which we need badly right now. I said this in a thread about a week ago but i think Ed Reed loves the U more than any other former player.

I loved the idea of Alonzo but having Ed is just as good if not better. Most of these young players and kids in high school never saw Alonzo play, but all of them at least are old enough to remember seeing Ed play and most recently be inducted into the HOF.

In any of the videos you watch....especially the interview with Joe Buck you hear him preach Accountability....**** last night he was talking about how the players policed themselves and the locker room not the coaches. Hes always been highly regarded as someone who is a master of film study. Im excited for this move and to be honest was caught off guard when it happened today. When Eds name was floated on here last week I thought it was another Zo pipe dream.

Fast forward to 3 min mark....listen to how he describes how he feels about Miami. I know the video has Golden in it, but look past that and listen to what Ed says....

Advertisement
Ed Reed DB coach

Ray Lewis LBer coach

Andre Johnson WRs coach

Frank Gore RBs Coach

Ken Dorsey QBs coCh

Greg Olsen TEs Coach

Devin Hester Special Teams Coach

Alonzo Highsmith AD

Manny Diaz fired for being an incompetent FSU graduate.

Instant upgrade across the board

lol sign me up for this

College football success formula is simple: evaluate and sign great players (Reed has been in football forever, has incredible cache with parents of any recruit in the country); put them in the best system to succeed (No one studied film more or was a smarter player than Reed. Safe to say Reed knows more football and what it takes to be successful than anyone at UM. He wasn’t necessarily blessed with the greatest physical ability); and motivate and push buttons to get guys on edge (“I’m hurt dog!”).This isn’t all that complicated. This program just got a lot better today. Winners win.

How many times have we been let down by players and former players opinions of coaches? The players brought us Clappy and Shannon which was the beginning of this demise so excuse me if I am a little bit skeptical. Great players don’t always translate into great coaches or GMs.

Ed Reed is my favorite Hurricane player of all time and you don’t have to sell me on his commitment. His heart I’m sure is in the right place the question is will he have the power and latitude to make real change because the same dopes are running this program. Nothing has changed has changed at the top and I bet Reed will report to these same people.

Advertisement
Back