*Two-Zero E Reed, Boi...Hired as Chief of Staff*

Advertisement
Fire Patke & replace him with Ed Reed.

Just let the man coach, he's literally the GREATEST Safety ever & has the highest football IQ of any Defensive player in the last 20+ years.

Idgaf if he's never coached college before, he did coach some at Buffalo & has shown he's legitimately interested in getting into coaching full time. He would be one of the most deadly recruiters on the trail & would instantly improve our Defensive secondaries awareness as whole the moment he joined the staff.

There's not a single reason to keep Patke on this staff, he adds absolutely nothing of value from a X's & O's standpoint or recruiting.
Amen Liberty, amen. Having Ed around I pray lights a massive fire under these kids ****s that the time for games and social media ****e is over - it’s time to grind and work. Patke doesn’t provide one scratch of a jockstrap’s worth of coaching at all. Time for his departure. I bet Reed could run am circles around Patke and he’s never been a coach yet.

7C847C57-A30E-416B-900D-F4FF057DA4D7.jpeg

Ed reed is going to keep Manny on a shorty leash

Really wanted Highsmith in a GM type of role, but you wont hear me complain about having Ed freaking Reed around. Sure, it seems like it would be a better fit if hes labeled as a position coach. But as long as he can recruit, help develop players, and have an input of defensive game planning, does it really matter what his title is? Last offseason was good, but doesnt come close to this one. Hopefully they can finally put it all together.

Advertisement
Manny loves his yes man.... Hightower would’ve told his *** off about a lot of things. So he hires Reed who has no experience at all in finding talent. Good job Manny you clown
Hightower? Didn’t realize Brian was coming back and being elevated to COS on Manny’s staff. Well, I guess that’s one way to get him back from the Portal....

Eds going to tell Manny what it is when practice/ lifting starts and its on Manny to either do something about it to fix it or ignore Ed and get fired for losing. But my bet is he's going to do something about it. Manny wants this job and wants to win.

Advertisement
I like this and hope this works...

Able to bounce some ideas off of Reed, real football ish. I hope this plays out good tho...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I hope Manny does well...:shrugs: His success means things are going well on that field man.

Call me whatever you want, it's a message board lol...I'm ALL about this U...Welcome Reed!

Yeah - even if Diaz tanks on game day, this is still a huge addition. I can’t imagine him being around and it not directly impacting Baker, Rumph, Banda, and Pancakes in some positive way.

Player wise? Can’t wait to see a healthy Bubba back on the field with a little Ed sprinkled on his ear As well.
All the above... hasn’t it been stated various times the last time ER20 studied film with our players was the ND game and our secondary was pretty much jumping their routes? Don’t see this as a negative even if just in the film room and leadership/mentorship

Advertisement
How in the holy fūck does anybody see this as a negative? Somebody needs to explain that to me.

These fūcking mopes think that because people are praising this hire as a benefit to the program, that somehow Blake and Manny are being exonerated. They are not. Any normal thinking person still thinks that they’re on the hot seat.

But what’s wrong with making an improvement? As far as I’m concerned, they can fire Manny and Blake and still keep ER. One of the best parts of this move is he’s not really tied to those two guys.

Most intelligent people realize this.
Precisely. Let’s say we’re dog**** again this season and manny gets the boot along with flake. There’s no way on God’s green earth you come in as new AD and get rid of a Hall of Famer and arguably the greatest ambassador to this program. Not if you value your life and your loved ones.

I personally would’ve liked Ed to have an on-field position coaching our DBs, but this not a negative by any means and anyone who says otherwise is a coward AND a ***. Sorry, I don’t make the rules

Phenomenal hire!

Will have a Joe Brady like impact on our defense.

Everyone is excited about techniques, I’m excited about a guy who will break down film and a opponents tendencies to a T.....that’s what made him so great.

He wasn’t the fastest DB ever either but his instincts from studying opponents showed up on game day. It’s how he could bait you into throws, show one look pre-snap and mentally already know where you are going with a football.

a NFL mind against college coordinators. Good luck. The scouting reports that they do in the NFL each week are nothing short of amazing. Ed can have that type of impact and as a result it will “look” like we are playing faster.

but we just know each person on the offenses’ strengths and weaknesses. He will help greatly with the back 7.

No substitute for knowing what your opponents are going to do and stopping it. If the offense hums........I’ll be super pumped

Advertisement
If Ed Reed tells you to do this an Banda tells you to do that, who are you going to listen to? It doesn’t matter what the title is. Ed Reed is just that dude, happy to have him back in the building.

How many times have we been let down by players and former players opinions of coaches? The players brought us Clappy and Shannon which was the beginning of this demise so excuse me if I am a little bit skeptical. Great players don’t always translate into great coaches or GMs.

Ed Reed is my favorite Hurricane player of all time and you don’t have to sell me on his commitment. His heart I’m sure is in the right place the question is will he have the power and latitude to make real change because the same dopes are running this program. Nothing has changed has changed at the top and I bet Reed will report to these same people.
It’s foolish for some of you to think or expect that he would have the same power we wanted highsmith to have. Now what Ed Reed WILL do better than Alonzo is in everything else when it comes to Reestablishing that culture we have been missing, film study for the dbs, on campus recruiting , just plain relating with players and a number of other things. People know of highsmith but they KNOW who Ed Reed is and that’s a big difference. Literally no one is or should have been expecting ED Reed to have the power to hire/fire assistants, Reed is not Alonzo and Alonzo is not Ed Reed. Highsmith has more experience in the scouting department and managing things while reed is a football LEGEND and in the hall of fame and known as one of the best leaders ever. Both have their strengths but reed should do well in this role. Did you watch the reunion show? Reed knows what our program is missing and he’s trying to help recreate what it’s lacking right now

Last edited:
Phenomenal hire!

Will have a Joe Brady like impact on our defense.

Everyone is excited about techniques, I’m excited about a guy who will break down film and a opponents tendencies to a T.....that’s what made him so great.

He wasn’t the fastest DB ever either but his instincts from studying opponents showed up on game day. It’s how he could bait you into throws, show one look pre-snap and mentally already know where you are going with a football.

a NFL mind against college coordinators. Good luck. The scouting reports that they do in the NFL each week are nothing short of amazing. Ed can have that type of impact and as a result it will “look” like we are playing faster.

but we just know each person on the offenses’ strengths and weaknesses. He will help greatly with the back 7.

No substitute for knowing what your opponents are going to do and stopping it. If the offense hums........I’ll be super pumped

lot of reports he really wants to coach. Amazing opportunity to get his feet wet. True student of the game. Have a feeling he wants to be a HC one day. Very excited to see how involved he gets in recruiting, and the results we get from that. I want to hear all the top defenders saying Ed Reed is recruiting me harder then anybody.

Advertisement
Back