*Two-Zero E Reed, Boi...Hired as Chief of Staff*

Advertisement
Bro, I mentioned I had a conversation w a former player about what coaches looked for in recruiting that’s different today. It wasn’t just star ratings. Coaches took time to know the kid’s coach, see how the team responds to leadership, football IQ, how the teachers feel about the kid outside of football...it was much more than just a “star rating.”

But Ed is not telling the whole story; Accountability in the locker room means there’s respect in the locker room. Respect is earned. Ed mentioned that players were legit in fear of Butch. They had a rigorous S&C regimen. That work ethic established was to be required to be passed down to the next class coming in, and if any player wasn’t w the program, they quickly found themselves either getting w the program or getting out.

We haven’t had that respect in a while, man. That healthy fear. That work ethic. That regimen where guys were going to the side & puking their guts out, just so they can do it again, and the next time they’re heaving, and the next time they are coughing, and the next time they are yelling in accomplishment, pushing their fellow man. That was the program I grew up w. Not dancing on the sideline when down & barely beating a G5 team. Not putting up the 4 fingers when losing. Not a coaching always tweeting, or inflated numbers in the weight room to boast one’s resume.

****, did I just rant??’ Lol. My fault; I’m still so passionate about this school, which is y I’m so hard on this school b/c I KNOW we’ve been better than this last 15-16 yrs! I know that!
Butch was nothin to F with....ESPECIALLY at practices...he'd run out there and Grab your *** by the Facemask..and drag your *** to the Sidelines....

Guys we have at least two good qbs and we hired Ed f**king Reed... Guys, I'm officially back to being the **** talker to my FSU friends.. No lie, I was scared to talk chit, b/c I knew we didn't have that team chemistry, but now I can't wait to say, "F**k FSU, you Shrek looking, donkey riding mutha fluckaz"

Advertisement
Butch was nothin to F with....ESPECIALLY at practices...he'd run out there and Grab your *** by the Facemask..and drag your *** to the Sidelines....

Ay, that's how my old coach would do it. Don't get it twisted, we sucked...lol. All of the real athletes were basketball and baseball players, but we gave it 1000% for him, even though we were often out manned. Still talk to him til this day.

Advertisement
Ay, that's how my old coach would do it. Don't get it twisted, we sucked...lol. All of the real athletes were basketball and baseball players, but we gave it 1000% for him, even though we were often out manned. Still talk to him til this day.
Lol....Butch was an imposing Dude back in the Day...6'3 about 235....Very Serious person...Extremely detail oriented especially with the Defense...

Been preaching that since I've been on here - notice he used the term "coachability." Most of the poorsters quick to jump on coaching and lay it all on them, but who defend the players; you can tell they never played the game.

Coaches don't have jack **** to do with you not executing against teams you're supposed to mop the floor with - just because FAMU believed the old Miami Hype, three other teams didn't. There isn't a college team out there that doesn't think they've got a shot after last season against the Canes.

They don't have the bullseye on their back because they're good, its because they're playing like a team that's now an easy W.

Advertisement
If Reed has any control how many players will hit the portal after spring practice will enter the portal after spring practice because they came to party and not work?

Guys we have at least two good qbs and we hired Ed f**king Reed... Guys, I'm officially back to being the **** talker to my FSU friends.. No lie, I was scared to talk chit, b/c I knew we didn't have that team chemistry, but now I can't wait to say, "F**k FSU, you Shrek looking, donkey riding mutha fluckaz"
Congrats but I never stop talking **** to my mole friends. They always suck....

Advertisement
Henry.gif

Bring about a tenth of the value Zo would have brought in, and Reed has been desperate for a job back in football for over two years. Not saying it’s a bad hire, I’m not even sure what the heck he is able to do. Brings in a stud recruit? Worth it. Doesn’t hurt having him here. But he’s no Alonzo and it’s a sad weak attempt by Blake to save face for his previous failures with Alonzo. Fire Blake James lives on. Keep hiring folks to report to yourself a proven loser and a head coach who lost to FIU. Snoozer

Can we play a game, first? Jesus Christ. It's like ground hogs day around here.
Not talking about the season. That’s a different story, obviously. But people on here start throwing **** on the wall about how Diaz and James would never hire someone with authority cause it would infringe on their power and they land HOF Ed Reed, a guy who doesn’t need the paycheck he’ll be earning so he’ll be the Ed Reed we’ve always loved. Add that to the rest of the offseason, that’s my point. Next step is to translate into wins.

What say does Ed have in this new role as COS or whatever I wonder what the organizational chart looks like? Who has final say over all football matters is it still Strawley?

Advertisement
Back