Tvd hitting [the portal?]

Advertisement
When they speak the truth it's hard not to understand. I'm not turning on anybody. TVD was *** today and pretty much all season. With that said, I've been wanting Jake to play for 2 seasons now. So the turning on somebody on a dime, Only the dime Jake threw downfield relates

I agree.

Garcia is much better for this offense imo.

It's only a matter of time. Can't see TVD getting better over the season while facing much tougher competition

Let's hope we don't wait too late to make the change.

Advertisement
What a fall for TVD. I feel for the kid. He doesn’t want to suck and lose games. He’s gone from a near consensus 1st round pick to looking hapless on the field and probably being benched. All in a few weeks.
This is what Mario does to QB’s. TVD went from consensus 1st round pick and dark horse Heisman candidate to Kirby Freeman v2.

Lol at Footballville. So many ridiculous takes in this thread.

It’s nuts how this fan base turns on players on a dime. Literally.

This fan base? You mean all fan bases, I seen Patriots fans turn on Tom Brady after that loss to the Titans in the playoffs a couple of years ago. Lol

This is out there but reading the articles about TVD, restrepo, golf, and not even having his receivers phone numbers has really got me wondering about Tyler.

I'm a golf guy. Keep a legit handicap (about a 10). Play once ish a week. Take some lessons. Hit the range once a week. Have a simulator at home.

TVD is a 2.7 handicap. That's a really good golfer.

And he had 10 recorded scores in July. that's a LOT of golf, not counting any scores he didn't record.

You have to be good and play a decent amount to maintain such a low single digit handicap. And he's been playing since he was a kid.

My point is, I think this kid spent a lot of his spring and summer playing golf and reading headlines instead of working with his receivers and getting better at football.

And golfing is an obsession. Hard to be obsessed with golf AND football AND school AND team culture..once golf gets a hold of you it can consume a good portion of your mind, competitive nature, and training/practice.

I know guys like Steph Curry can manage a professional basketball career and still remain a very good golfer. But he's a professional with tons of money. He can pay people to do a lot of the things us ordinary people have to do ourselves.

Combine his ineptitude with revivers dropping ball and not blocking… We’ve also been missing Don fwiw

With The Don, we win ATM. People mock him on this site but when healthy, he’s our best back. Not having your two best RBs and your best WR will hurt you especially in the RZ. What is left is we have a bunch of WR3s/WR4s and RB3s left. You’re gonna struggle on offense.

Advertisement
It's gonna be really interesting to hear the back story on what happened with Van Dyke and the rest of the players. Because the energy on the offense completely changed once Garcia got in the game.

Smith all of a sudden looked like a number 1.

If that is the case.. why did we not hear about any of this beforehand? Footballville was slurping TVD all off season talking bout “TVD gonna TVD”. I been said he cannot read defenses last year, because Smith would be open A LOT and not get looked at. We just threw deep passes to the other side.. HOWEVER, it’s on GATTIS to build an offense around what TVD can and CANNOT do!!! Instead of putting him into this $hitty offense where he has to overthink!!! This offense just says **** the vertical passing game (what TVD did best last year) we just gonna dink and donk! TVD ain’t who people thought but Gattis is worse! Only uses one side of the field (which makes sense if TVD limited) however, he doesn’t have a decoy on the other side AT ALL and doesn’t attempt a pass beyond 15 yards! Recipe for disaster! That means we only use about a 30 yard window we throw into smh! When it’s on the short side it’s even smaller! Hence the interception on the short side while running two WR’s outside the hash doing outs against press coverage on timing routes where the QB just does his drop and throws it to the spot! Scheme is horrible!!!! View attachment 209516
Look at that spacing and creativity. Then people ask “ why is cribby going scorched earth“?

Yall are so dumb man. Can Tom Brady go anywhere and play QB? absolutely. So TVD can't grasp a new system and it's the coaches fault because he can't adjust and read defense and go through progressions? It's about seeing defense the right way and getting your mechanics right and throwing the ball to your WR. There have been plenty wide open players this year that TVD has flat out missed the throw. But that's the coach? stop blaming coaches for everything man.
Let’s compare college qbs to the best qb of all time…genius

The portal or not. You can tell by his behavior that he doesn't want to be here. That's my gut feeling. He is lifeless out there. Gattis is killing him. Big difference from last year under Lashlee. I miss HIM
They lost 6 games with Lashlee. This is a cultural change and like someone else stated some of you want microwave results. Chill

TVD isn't ruined by Mario, TVD is getting ruined by TVD. He is the one not making easy completions, not hitting open receivers, etc

Please stop with the nonsense

Advertisement
Advertisement
There is no way TVD has been performing up to par in practice looking like this. No way. He is mentally done. Just look at him. Can y’all not see he is mentally done? He has not one bit of confidence left. You can’t put a quarterback in his condition back on the field and he should have been out the game a LONG time ago. Why Mario allowed it to get out of hand, I will never know.

Last edited:
You can't tell people on this board nothing anyway. yall already know it all and have all the answers. pretty crazy since none of you probably actually played football in your lives. Just here to bash coaches and players. it's retarded to come on here flipping your D1k rubbers just to bash people when you're supposedly a "fan" . Don't like what you see? don't watch. simple
We are fans GoCanes and when our team implodes and plays like crap we vent. Part of being a fan. Our players and coaches in the 4th game of 2022 stink. All the hopes hype and dreams down the drain just like the last 21 years of purgatory. We were all sold a bill of goods. My wife and I started flying our old Canes flag on game days. The **** I get from my Gayturd and SemenNole neighbors is crap. Utterly laughable .

There is now way TVD has been performing up to par in practice looking like this. No way. He is mentally done. Just look at him. Can y’all not see he is mentally done? He has not one bit of confidence left. You can’t put a quarterback in his condition back on the field and he should have been out the game a LONG time ago. Why Mario allowed it to get out of hand, I will never know.
He’s thinking of his Golf game and trying but failing to remember his WR name.

Advertisement
Back