Tvd hitting [the portal?]

TVD is dangerously close to following in the footsteps of Brad Kaaya, who once was a top 3 projected draft pick before getting taken in the 6th round and never doing squat in the NFL. It’s not just the offensive play-calling or lack thereof, his ball placement, lack of a spiral on many throws, and staring down receivers is on him.

Advertisement
This is out there but reading the articles about TVD, restrepo, golf, and not even having his receivers phone numbers has really got me wondering about Tyler.

I'm a golf guy. Keep a legit handicap (about a 10). Play once ish a week. Take some lessons. Hit the range once a week. Have a simulator at home.

TVD is a 2.7 handicap. That's a really good golfer.

And he had 10 recorded scores in July. that's a LOT of golf, not counting any scores he didn't record.

You have to be good and play a decent amount to maintain such a low single digit handicap. And he's been playing since he was a kid.

My point is, I think this kid spent a lot of his spring and summer playing golf and reading headlines instead of working with his receivers and getting better at football.

And golfing is an obsession. Hard to be obsessed with golf AND football AND school AND team culture..once golf gets a hold of you it can consume a good portion of your mind, competitive nature, and training/practice.

I know guys like Steph Curry can manage a professional basketball career and still remain a very good golfer. But he's a professional with tons of money. He can pay people to do a lot of the things us ordinary people have to do ourselves.
Wow. Wow. TVD really wants to be a golfer. Maybe UMs golf team. Have never heard a starting QB with a new season, new system new coaches new players focused on Golf. #@+%%#@!! What the **** is this? Don’t coaches know their QB is NOT focused? 10 rounds in July?

Not ****ting on TVD but if you go back and look at the games last year you will see a few things that you can not rely on this year
1- many drives extended by PIs and roughing the the QB. This happened a ton. Saved us from many 3 and outs.
2- remarkable individual effort plays mostly from Rambo. The guy was a technician. Subtle push offs, throttling down his speed on underthrown balls to keep defenders away from the ball etc.

So this entire offseason, this board acted like the dude was a first rounder, Heisman trophy lock, best thing to ever happen to the position guy and now he can’t read defenses, move his feet, stare off receivers, tie his own shoes, hitting the portal, etc. Jesus H!

Advertisement
Regardless of the bigger schematic picture, the RB injury situation absolutely demands significant adjustment in playcalling.

We can't win otherwise. Adapt or die.

Advertisement
TVD is still a good qb. This is what happens when there’s a scheme change. That’s why it was important to hire the right OC. That falls on Mario. Ponce probably will be more involved in the play calling. BTW he’s the next OC.

You’re stupid AF!! If Brady goes to a team the schematic’s are changing to whatever Brady wants! He’s not learning a whole new system! The OC would just say what do you want to run? We should have been running what worked best for TVD in the passing game last year PERIOD!! We trying to fit a round hole into a square peg. Now buddy has to overthink and he lost millions. Same thing that happened to Jacory Harris when he was here. Jacory was calling his own offense at MNW and came here and we would not run spread with him. Lost that kid millions.
Just so we're clear, you are comparing how coaches treat Tom Brady vs. Tyler Van Dyke. The best to ever do it with 213 years of professional experience vs. a redshirt sophomore amateur quarterback.?.?
I agree that Gattis absolutely should have tailored his offense more toward TVD's strengths, especially some of the RPO that Tyler does best. Good analogy, bad comparison. GO CANES

anytime TVD went downfield he's missed his man by 10 yards. that's a fact. tape don't lie
I don't understand how this happens. All you hear from all the reporters in the offseason was how DVD not only hits his guys but hits them with perfect ball placement. Now he can't hit a hooker with $100 bill. I have to think there is an injury or something because this just does not make sense.
Changing the offense is one thing, figuring out where to go with the ball I can get my head around. The anomaly is when he does commit to throwing a route the offense doesn't matter. He is just not accurate with the ball.

Advertisement
Just so we're clear, you are comparing how coaches treat Tom Brady vs. Tyler Van Dyke. The best to ever do it with 213 years of professional experience vs. a redshirt sophomore amateur quarterback.?.?
I agree that Gattis absolutely should have tailored his offense more toward TVD's strengths, especially some of the RPO that Tyler does best. Good analogy, bad comparison. GO CANES
Wasn’t comparing them at all lmao

If that is the case.. why did we not hear about any of this beforehand? Footballville was slurping TVD all off season talking bout “TVD gonna TVD”. I been said he cannot read defenses last year, because Smith would be open A LOT and not get looked at. We just threw deep passes to the other side.. HOWEVER, it’s on GATTIS to build an offense around what TVD can and CANNOT do!!! Instead of putting him into this $hitty offense where he has to overthink!!! This offense just says **** the vertical passing game (what TVD did best last year) we just gonna dink and donk! TVD ain’t who people thought but Gattis is worse! Only uses one side of the field (which makes sense if TVD limited) however, he doesn’t have a decoy on the other side AT ALL and doesn’t attempt a pass beyond 15 yards! Recipe for disaster! That means we only use about a 30 yard window we throw into smh! When it’s on the short side it’s even smaller! Hence the interception on the short side while running two WR’s outside the hash doing outs against press coverage on timing routes where the QB just does his drop and throws it to the spot! Scheme is horrible!!!! View attachment 209516
We got two players two yards away from each other bringing defenders into the play. On what planet is this a good play call and design?

The portal or not. You can tell by his behavior that he doesn't want to be here. That's my gut feeling. He is lifeless out there. Gattis is killing him. Big difference from last year under Lashlee. I miss HIM
You can see from his body language something is wrong. Probably mostly scheme. I also think he feels the pressure maybe from team mates of the NIL money and deals.

Advertisement
With The Don, we win ATM. People mock him on this site but when healthy, he’s our best back. Not having your two best RBs and your best WR will hurt you especially in the RZ. What is left is we have a bunch of WR3s/WR4s and RB3s left. You’re gonna struggle on offense.
I agree we are not nearly as good of a team with all those guys out. Problem is our three deep was still much higher ranked athletes than any one of those Middle Tennessee kids and they smashed Us in the mouth. Those Muther****ers were dancing on us like they were the hurricanes. That is the part I find unacceptable. Someone disrespects you and you still can't find the heart to wake up and smack him in the mouth.

I had the thought yesterday night that maybe I've been too hard on the young receivers for not getting open downfield. Garcia came in and delivered a really nice downfield bomb to an open receiver. I remembered several occasions over the last 4 games when a receiver actually was technically "open" downfield, but TVD failed to throw anything resembling an accurate pass. Maybe the WRs hadn't burned their guy by 10 yards, sure, but they've been open to the point where they could definitely catch a well thrown ball.

Aside from a handful of obvious drops, maybe they aren't actually the problem here.

We got two players two yards away from each other bringing defenders into the play. On what planet is this a good play call and design?
A lot of people on here saying it’s just the players and not coaching! Nah bro, it starts with the coaching. No one could execute that play in this offense

Advertisement
Back