Turn out the lights. The party’s over

I think the sad truth is we’re done. We’re a relic.

We’re the hot HS cheerleader Homecoming queen who is now 45 and recently single with the same hairstyle she had in HS but with much less volume and shine. The hair’s all broken and thin and damaged from years of coloring.

She’s got those smoker’s lines around her now thin lips that once were plump and shiny with flavored lip gloss. Her makeup is dated. Her waist is now square. And her booty is flat. Her thighs are skinny with no muscle tone but still have cellulite on them. She’s got a kangaroo pouch instead of a flat belly from pumping out 4 rotten kids, 2 who hate her, 1 who is her “best friend,” and the other who’s in and out of rehab.

It’s over, fellas. The incompetence runs too deeply. The disease is at the top of the organization and runs down like diarrhea down a 90 year-old man’s leg. When the entire organization is trash there’s really no hope in sight.

Unless some miracle happens where a female lawyer and her cronies hellbent on what appears right publicly versus what is actually right is no longer the big shot caller, it’s time to enter the acceptance phase of Kubler-Ross’s 5 stages of death.
Its Dead Jim.jpg

Advertisement
Meh.

Yes, the era of Miami dominating is long gone, but there's no reason Miami can't become a Coastal Division favorite in a few years, with a crack at winning the conference—which we saw two short years ago.

This is a weak-*** division and with some better talent, the Canes can at least do that. Getting there you're then potentially one win away from making the Playoffs as a conference champ.

All that to say, money talks and bullsh1t walks—and Miami doesn't have big money or deep-pocketed alum who write checks and demand excellence.

Georgia just dumped $200,000,000 into their program, AFTER year three with Smart and after a national title appearance and SEC Championship game loss a year later.

They also had 1,100 new alum who joined their Magill Society, pledging $25K minimum over a five-year span—which is $27,500,000 for football, driven by fan support.

Miami fans barely go to games and need a GoFundMe to raise $495 for a stupid "Our AD sucks" banner; the problem when most of your fans are not alum, so they don't commit with their wallets.
I'm an Alum, and would not contribute with my wallet.
The Adminitration betrayed me..

the idiots in the Miami admin probably want to get rid of football and basketball and have croquet and badminton as
the featured programs.

There’s usually a ton of fake insiders letting us know if the “inner workings” of future moves or secret meetings about ultimatums on staff changes. The silence is deafening.

Also, you gotta wonder why we care more than the powers that be do. If I was former player, I’d refuse any further recognitions (halftime presentations, ring of honor ceremonies, etc.) until the ship is righted (yeah, right). Hard not to feel helpless at the moment.

Agree. I'm surprised there haven't been any posts from those that know like Macho, dsd or Austin P. Either Manny still has things tightly controlled inside Hecht or they don't want to explode this site with the bad news they would provide. There is just no **** way Manny doesn't see issues both on the offensive and defensive side of the ball.

Advertisement
Our glory era was always going to be short lived. It was a combination of incredibly favorable circumstances and a handful of sharp choices in athletic director, head coaches and quarterbacks. We never had a foundational birthright to anything more than that. It was beyond hilarious on Canes sites for years when posters were seriously insisting that Notre Dame was done yet Miami would always be dominant. Talk about whiffing the big picture while obsessed with trivia.

The early 2000s should be viewed as an incredible bonus.

I was posting more than a decade ago on Rivals that I didn't think there would be another national championship in my lifetime...if ever.

Some of us followed this team long before the glory era. Maybe that allowed a greater appreciation but also an understanding of how fragile it was. I have to say I don't understand how it is remotely possible to be in your 20s or 30s right now and be following this team without grasping long, long ago that it was never going to sustain.

The third U documentary is going to be different than we all hoped

Dude, THERE AIN'T GOING TO BE A third Hurricane documentary. Hurricane football is OFFICIALLY passe and the LAUGHING stock of the nation. That's if any college football fan PAYS ATTENTION now days. And I SERIOUSLY doubt anybody does pay attention.

the idiots in the Miami admin probably want to get rid of football and basketball and have croquet and badminton as
the featured programs.
I was a student/alternate on the adhoc comittee to investigate the feasibility of continuing basketball.
We concurred, Trash it..
Anything that happened, can happen again..

Advertisement
Our glory era was always going to be short lived. It was a combination of incredibly favorable circumstances and a handful of sharp choices in athletic director, head coaches and quarterbacks. We never had a foundational birthright to anything more than that. It was beyond hilarious on Canes sites for years when posters were seriously insisting that Notre Dame was done yet Miami would always be dominant. Talk about whiffing the big picture while obsessed with trivia.

The early 2000s should be viewed as an incredible bonus.

I was posting more than a decade ago on Rivals that I didn't think there would be another national championship in my lifetime...if ever.

Some of us followed this team long before the glory era. Maybe that allowed a greater appreciation but also an understanding of how fragile it was. I have to say I don't understand how it is remotely possible to be in your 20s or 30s right now and be following this team without grasping long, long ago that it was never going to sustain.
Early 2000s, a farewell kiss to Greatness..

I think the sad truth is we’re done. We’re a relic.

We’re the hot HS cheerleader Homecoming queen who is now 45 and recently single with the same hairstyle she had in HS but with much less volume and shine. The hair’s all broken and thin and damaged from years of coloring.

She’s got those smoker’s lines around her now thin lips that once were plump and shiny with flavored lip gloss. Her makeup is dated. Her waist is now square. And her booty is flat. Her thighs are skinny with no muscle tone but still have cellulite on them. She’s got a kangaroo pouch instead of a flat belly from pumping out 4 rotten kids, 2 who hate her, 1 who is her “best friend,” and the other who’s in and out of rehab.

It’s over, fellas. The incompetence runs too deeply. The disease is at the top of the organization and runs down like diarrhea down a 90 year-old man’s leg. When the entire organization is trash there’s really no hope in sight.

Unless some miracle happens where a female lawyer and her cronies hellbent on what appears right publicly versus what is actually right is no longer the big shot caller, it’s time to enter the acceptance phase of Kubler-Ross’s 5 stages of death.

And like the stripper who works the afternoon shift, she played with your mind. Promising everything you always wanted just to get you to spend your money. For a few more dollars she could upgrade you to an experience in the Champaign room that would keep you coming back for more. Then reality reared its ugly head when they turned up the lights and you got a good look at her. You could see that once upon a time she was one of the hottest games in town. Time and poor decisions had taken its toll. There was nothing you could do to bring back the glory days. Nothing left to do but leave and hope you might have better luck in the future.

said this for weeks. our fans need to stop living in the past (yes we do). we will NEVER compete in todays CFB against the big time programs. we just wont. our ceiling as a program is a playoff loss every couple years (similar to ND and they have far more resources, fans, and support). people killed lebatard for saying this years ago, but he isnt wrong. maybe we get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle for a year, but thats the absolute dream scenario.

When it comes to living in the past, Miami fan is MILES and MILES and MILES and MILES and MILES and MILES behind those small-town hayseed CornSUCKER football dudes and gals! Seriously, Jack.

Mother F'ers' were yapping crap, that their home town boy, Frost, was going to have their beloved CornSUCKERs back competing with Ohio St., Wisconsin, Michigan and Penn. St. in YEAR NUMBER THREE of his tenure.:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg: Now that's fresh!

And dig this too. CornSUCKER football program has the FINANCIAL resources which Miami football can only DREAM of having today.

Advertisement
I was a student/alternate on the adhoc comittee to investigate the feasibility of continuing basketball.
We concurred, Trash it..
Anything that happened, can happen again..
ive been thinking for a while, that it is possible that what we see as repeated stupidity and total incompetence by the AD and admin might actually be by design and part of the plan to drop the football program by deliberately making it so bad, there will finally be no fan support. this would certainly explain the total ****show we are seeing.

Caught all kinds of grief being a Richt supporter until the end, but finally realized he could not get it done here.
Then Manny’s bizarre hire happened and all the TNM, fancy slogans, jewelry, false bravado, Savage Manny, crap popped up on this board and I just shook my head and thought how could this happen hiring a DC who has been unsuccessful as much or more than he had been successful.

No head coach experience, no experience hiring a staff, never recruited all that well, and we stole him from Temple????

We are where I expected us to be when the hire was made.

Stole him? We paid them $4,000,000. They got more than FMV for him.

This is an example of the Mom and Pop program we have.

Meh.

Yes, the era of Miami dominating is long gone, but there's no reason Miami can't become a Coastal Division favorite in a few years, with a crack at winning the conference—which we saw two short years ago.

This is a weak-*** division and with some better talent, the Canes can at least do that. Getting there you're then potentially one win away from making the Playoffs as a conference champ.

All that to say, money talks and bullsh1t walks—and Miami doesn't have big money or deep-pocketed alum who write checks and demand excellence.

Georgia just dumped $200,000,000 into their program, AFTER year three with Smart and after a national title appearance and SEC Championship game loss a year later.

They also had 1,100 new alum who joined their Magill Society, pledging $25K minimum over a five-year span—which is $27,500,000 for football, driven by fan support.

Miami fans barely go to games and need a GoFundMe to raise $495 for a stupid "Our AD sucks" banner; the problem when most of your fans are not alum, so they don't commit with their wallets.

You remind of the dude who accidentally FALLS off a 15 story high rise. And as gravity takes him downward toward's his fateful destination with the Grim Reaper, he passes each floor and says.... SO FAR SO GOOD, SO FAR SO GOOD, SO FAR SO GOOD. dUh :ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg:

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree with some of what you're saying, but I have to push back and remind you that this is still a very young team. We lose only 1 player on the offense in the 2-deep. We'll have attrition on the defensive front 7, but I like the guys returning and the younger guys that are redshirts.

The play and coaching has be illustrated, analyzed, and illuminated so I'm not going to comment on that here. What I will comment on is the false expectations that Diaz created in the 8 months prior to the season start where he has now pivoted 180 degrees in saying this is a rebuild year in his GT postgame interview.

The problem I have is that the team has not improved or has very little since game 1 while other programs such as Louisville and even GT have made strides although their expectations were so low that everything looks up. We are just the opposite. We had high expectations that now everything looks bad. I'm just going to continue to support my team and have no expectations of winning for the rest of the season.

Although we should have blown out VT and GT, we are only 1 or 2 plays from each game in being 7-0 or 6-1. If we had a guy who could make a field goal, we're likely 5-2 at worst. Brighter days will come. Just continue to support our players.

Get the FREAK' outta here with that POLLYANNA thinking and what not!

Oh. And one more notion. ***** the FG kicker. If Miami had any degree of COMPETENT coaching, those games wouldn't come down to some LAME field goal kicker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not in the habit of throwing good money after bad. I've blown a lot of money on the Miami Hurricanes. That stopped during the Richt years.

Despite what people say, Mark Richt was one of the best coaches in college football. His record at Georgia proves it.

If Mark Richt could not win here, then it became apparent to me that NOBODY can.

Richt left because he knew this team was trash. He didn't walk away from millions of dollars out of the goodness of his heart. He did it to salvage his reputation. He realized he made a losing bet by accepting the Miami job, he cut his losses, and he walked.

This program can not be fixed. And I ain't going down with the ship.

I had the same odd conspiracy type of thinking about grandpa Richt, too. He absolutely KNEW he had a .500 type of team this season. And he especially KNEW the offensive line would be WORST than the Bad News Bears.

Chit, the bowl game against WISCONSIN was a preview what awaited Miami fan this season ( Thankfully both VA TECH and GA TECH suck this season. ). In that NYC bowl, the coaches weren't inspired and the players weren't inspired and the final score spoke LOUDLY!

Again, as some keen Miami fan mentioned earlier, it's going to take a 21st Century MIRACLE to turn chit into file mignon with this program; and I personally believe the 2017 season was the miracle Miami was handed by CFB god's.

Advertisement
Back