Turn out the lights. The party’s over

Told my friends I’d take Urban for 5 years, 2 natties and the program being shut down by the NCAA afterwards. At least I’d know we’d win again and never suck again after they ended the program.

Advertisement
ive been thinking for a while, that it is possible that what we see as repeated stupidity and total incompetence by the AD and admin might actually be by design and part of the plan to drop the football program by deliberately making it so bad, there will finally be no fan support. this would certainly explain the total ****show we are seeing.
I've thought the Same thing, paranoia? Hope so..

I’m always very optimistic until it’s proven that I shouldn’t be. I’m a winner, and winners are always positive and looking for ways that things can work until we are shown otherwise. They’ve proven to me that the time for optimism and looking for positives is over
Good to have that attitude in life man 👍

Advertisement
Dandy Don couldn't have said or sung it better, Sports Illustrated finally got their wish

Manny Diaz simply can't coach (or be a head coach) - Miami got cheap and lazy(again) and paying the price in the cruelest of ways

Im not even angry about this, Im more numb, apathetic. And if you lose die-hards like me and you(and many of us on this board) that's very alarming.

Perhaps apathy is our greatest weapon as a fan-base at this point

Last edited:
This is nonsense.

Coker failed because he wasn’t a good leader, didn’t evolve, his offense, and couldn’t recruit and develop his offense.

Shannon failed because he wasn’t a good leader, alienated many schools in his recruiting base, put players in the doghouse, had a shoestring staffing budget, and was a lazy recruiter.

Golden failed because he kept up the alienation of local schools, turned the talent he did get into overweight slobs, and tried to run a defense he would never be able to recruit for.

Richt failed because he was burned out, would rather satisfy ego proving Georgia wrong about his play calling prowess than win games, gave his unqualified son a position he was not deserving of, and ignored talented players who did not fit his narrow parameters in recruiting that would have developed into quality depth.

The hiring processes were flown auditions and the administration put on a three ring circus.

The only thing standing between Miami and a team that can control the coastal and compete for tha ACC is a competent coaching hires.

Problem is the administration won’t make the right hires or engage in a hiring process for reasons that have been coming to light more and more.

Our failures are not due to external issues. They are from internal apathy and incompetence.

2017 was fun for the most part and we did it with a coach way on the wrong side of his peak and could have won even more if he checked his ego even with his glaring flaws.

2017 is proof we can take the coastal even with a burned out has been coach with a sliver of competence.

A good hire would kill it here, but we probably won’t make one because it is not a priority.
Every coach had one thing in common....they couldnt go up against the blue bloods on the traik

Advertisement
Dude, where have you been lately? Did you even tune in for the game yesterday? The bottom line is this football program is in DOOMSDAY mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course we are.

We made Manny Diaz head coach.

I’m talking about people who say we can NEVER have a good football team in today’s game.

That’s bullshyt.

The administration makes it seem hopeless, but we are one coach away like all the other struggling blue bloods like Tennessee, USC etc.

Every coach had one thing in common....they couldnt go up against the blue bloods on the traik

They also couldn’t properly use the guys they did sign.

So the struggles on the trail grew.

If you ain’t dropping bags, you **** sure better make sure the guys you sign are developing.

We don’t.

so bama was paying 1.8 or so to shula (last i can find) before they fired him. hired sbaan right after for over 30 mill over 8 years (original deal). need some sort commitment from a new AD to the football program and double the HC salary pays here. you want matt campbell, gundy, etc., offer 6 (2 plus our highest salary offered ever). itll get who you want down to gables, but wont happen till the AD gets on board

Advertisement
How many of those programs that were down, but eventually came back, were aspiring to a coach like Andy Gustafson and his .587 win percentage prior to the 1980s?

That's what a lot of posters on here don't seem to understand. Miami is a fairly relatively temporary footnote in the history of college football. The same is not true of Alabama before Saban.

Told my friends I’d take Urban for 5 years, 2 natties and the program being shut down by the NCAA afterwards. At least I’d know we’d win again and never suck again after they ended the program.

urban would never take this job. he gets paid more to sit at fox sports 1 day a week than he would here

How many of those programs that were down, but eventually came back, were aspiring to a coach like Andy Gustafson and his .587 win percentage prior to the 1980s?

That's what a lot of posters on here don't seem to understand. Miami is a fairly relatively temporary footnote in the history of college football. The same is not true of Alabama before Saban.

miami had a flash in the pan type run. will never happen again

Advertisement
Caught all kinds of grief being a Richt supporter until the end, but finally realized he could not get it done here.
Then Manny’s bizarre hire happened and all the TNM, fancy slogans, jewelry, false bravado, Savage Manny, crap popped up on this board and I just shook my head and thought how could this happen hiring a DC who has been unsuccessful as much or more than he had been successful.

No head coach experience, no experience hiring a staff, never recruited all that well, and we stole him from Temple????

We are where I expected us to be when the hire was made.

TBH, I actually wish Richt had stayed.

Richt would probably get fired after this year. Manny would probably be a flop at Temple. We'd hire a real coach like Matt Rhule for 2020.

Instead, we're going to be stuck with Manny for 3 years at the very minimum, and probably for 4 years. Since he doesn't have a "cloud" like Golden did, I don't think Manny will get a year 5. That still means that we probably won't have a real coach until 2023.

Last edited:
I'm not in the habit of throwing good money after bad. I've blown a lot of money on the Miami Hurricanes. That stopped during the Richt years.

Despite what people say, Mark Richt was one of the best coaches in college football. His record at Georgia proves it.

If Mark Richt could not win here, then it became apparent to me that NOBODY can.

Richt left because he knew this team was trash. He didn't walk away from millions of dollars out of the goodness of his heart. He did it to salvage his reputation. He realized he made a losing bet by accepting the Miami job, he cut his losses, and he walked.

This program can not be fixed. And I ain't going down with the ship.

Richt didn't do that well at UGA from about 2008-2015.

The players are soft and entitled, Coach Shannon needs to fix the culture.

The players are soft and entitled. Did you hear Golden’s press conference? He will whip them into shape.

The players are soft and entitled. Richt won 74% of his games in the sec. His son will make a GREAT quarterback coach. He learned from his dad his whole life.

The players are soft and entitled. Diaz is Manolo Montana! He’s a savage! We got the Touchdown rings. He is gonna fix these sorry kids and get the culture we need. This is the new Miami. Did you here he crashed the Semenhole camp? SAVAGE! We’re gonna win the coastal!

What? It’s a rebuild? The players can’t tackle?

It’s ok Coach. You got to get rid of the cancers that been here for 15 years.

Advertisement
Back