Turn out the lights. The party’s over

Then...Now...

1571598448281.jpeg

1571598499803.jpeg

Advertisement
I'm not in the habit of throwing good money after bad. I've blown a lot of money on the Miami Hurricanes. That stopped during the Richt years.

Despite what people say, Mark Richt was one of the best coaches in college football. His record at Georgia proves it.

If Mark Richt could not win here, then it became apparent to me that NOBODY can.

Richt left because he knew this team was trash. He didn't walk away from millions of dollars out of the goodness of his heart. He did it to salvage his reputation. He realized he made a losing bet by accepting the Miami job, he cut his losses, and he walked.

This program can not be fixed. And I ain't going down with the ship.

This is nonsense.

Coker failed because he wasn’t a good leader, didn’t evolve, his offense, and couldn’t recruit and develop his offense.

Shannon failed because he wasn’t a good leader, alienated many schools in his recruiting base, put players in the doghouse, had a shoestring staffing budget, and was a lazy recruiter.

Golden failed because he kept up the alienation of local schools, turned the talent he did get into overweight slobs, and tried to run a defense he would never be able to recruit for.

Richt failed because he was burned out, would rather satisfy ego proving Georgia wrong about his play calling prowess than win games, gave his unqualified son a position he was not deserving of, and ignored talented players who did not fit his narrow parameters in recruiting that would have developed into quality depth.

The hiring processes were flown auditions and the administration put on a three ring circus.

The only thing standing between Miami and a team that can control the coastal and compete for tha ACC is a competent coaching hires.

Problem is the administration won’t make the right hires or engage in a hiring process for reasons that have been coming to light more and more.

Our failures are not due to external issues. They are from internal apathy and incompetence.

2017 was fun for the most part and we did it with a coach way on the wrong side of his peak and could have won even more if he checked his ego even with his glaring flaws.

2017 is proof we can take the coastal even with a burned out has been coach with a sliver of competence.

A good hire would kill it here, but we probably won’t make one because it is not a priority.

Why would a good coach come to Coral Gables? The area is picked dry by every major program in college football. The fanbase expects to win or be fired. The cost of living is high and the pay is low compared to major programs.

The only thing standing between Miami and a team that can control the coastal and compete for tha ACC is a competent coaching hires.

That is the crazy part. It isn't hard to hire a competent coach. It isn't expensive to hire a competent coach. It is such a low bar to hire a competent coach, but for the simps in charge of our program, it is almost impossible.

Please note that my goal isn't simply to win the Coastal. Winning the Coastal is a very low bar. I just think we can easily do this if we employed some competent people with autonomy. We haven't and we don't.

Advertisement
Our glory era was always going to be short lived. It was a combination of incredibly favorable circumstances and a handful of sharp choices in athletic director, head coaches and quarterbacks. We never had a foundational birthright to anything more than that. It was beyond hilarious on Canes sites for years when posters were seriously insisting that Notre Dame was done yet Miami would always be dominant. Talk about whiffing the big picture while obsessed with trivia.

The early 2000s should be viewed as an incredible bonus.

I was posting more than a decade ago on Rivals that I didn't think there would be another national championship in my lifetime...if ever.

Some of us followed this team long before the glory era. Maybe that allowed a greater appreciation but also an understanding of how fragile it was. I have to say I don't understand how it is remotely possible to be in your 20s or 30s right now and be following this team without grasping long, long ago that it was never going to sustain.

Well, you're smarter than most people on here. You see things that other people don't. Although, I get the sense that you hit the bottle too much and you maybe have a ***** loose.

But, who doesn't...

I think the sad truth is we’re done. We’re a relic.

We’re the hot HS cheerleader Homecoming queen who is now 45 and recently single with the same hairstyle she had in HS but with much less volume and shine. The hair’s all broken and thin and damaged from years of coloring.

She’s got those smoker’s lines around her now thin lips that once were plump and shiny with flavored lip gloss. Her makeup is dated. Her waist is now square. And her booty is flat. Her thighs are skinny with no muscle tone but still have cellulite on them. She’s got a kangaroo pouch instead of a flat belly from pumping out 4 rotten kids, 2 who hate her, 1 who is her “best friend,” and the other who’s in and out of rehab.

It’s over, fellas. The incompetence runs too deeply. The disease is at the top of the organization and runs down like diarrhea down a 90 year-old man’s leg. When the entire organization is trash there’s really no hope in sight.

Unless some miracle happens where a female lawyer and her cronies hellbent on what appears right publicly versus what is actually right is no longer the big shot caller, it’s time to enter the acceptance phase of Kubler-Ross’s 5 stages of death.
Ahh it's been over since 2006

That is the crazy part. It isn't hard to hire a competent coach. It isn't expensive to hire a competent coach. It is such a low bar to hire a competent coach, but for the simps in charge of our program, it is almost impossible.

Please note that my goal isn't simply to win the Coastal. Winning the Coastal is a very low bar. I just think we can easily do this if we employed some competent people with autonomy. We haven't and we don't.

The coastal is a low bar.

I just say that for the doomsday mopes that think we can never ever compete with Bama, Clemson, Osu etc.

We can but I don’t want to go through that round and round with them.

We are at the bottom of a division we have ALWAYS outrecruited with some of the worst coaching in the history of football.

Our last five hires have been objectively terrible and it starts with the process used to hire them.

People are clueless on the delicate nature of synergy required to execute on Saturdays. They think success, failure, and play making just happen out of thin air and if you fail it’s because you just inherently can’t succeed.

The loser attitude and oh shucks nature of bad coaching apologist is a cancer. I know because I used to ignore my eyes and make excuses for terrible coaches.

I just say that for the doomsday mopes that think we can never ever compete with Bama, Clemson, Osu etc.

We are at the bottom of a division we have ALWAYS outrecruited with some of the worst coaching in the history of football.

Our last five hires have been objectively terrible and it starts with the process used to hire them.

People are clueless on the delicate nature of synergy required to execute on Saturdays. They think success, failure, and play making just happen out of thin air and if you fail it’s because you just inherently can’t succeed.

The loser attitude and oh shucks nature of bad coaching apologist is a cancer. I know because I used to ignore my eyes and make excuses for terrible coaches.

You nailed it. You can't discuss this with the mouth breathers on here because they're concerned with Bama and Clemson but we struggle with the Coastal.

I have been trying this approach, see below.

Advertisement
Usually agree with you but Washington and ND were “dead”...then they hired the right guy for the job.

I have zero faith that the program will hire the right guy. Just remember during Al Golden hiring and look at the final 3 coaches that were up for the job. 1. Al Golden 2. Randy Edsall 3. Marc Trestman. That was our final 3!! We would have failed with any one of them. Now to Richt, do you remember the number 2 choice if Richt didn't accept the job? Greg Schiano was the backup plan. Man, we suck at this. The last round was even a bigger joke as we didn't even have a coaching search

U
EXACTLY......Not having an IPF really hampered 5 (really 6) NCs....

Holy ****. Live in the past some more. It’s such a different time and landscape now. Those kids aren’t going underrecruited anymore. Every school can watch every kid from anywhere now.

We’re the hot HS cheerleader Homecoming queen who is now 45 and recently single with the same hairstyle she had in HS but with much less volume and shine. The hair’s all broken and thin and damaged from years of coloring.

She’s got those smoker’s lines around her now thin lips that once were plump and shiny with flavored lip gloss. Her makeup is dated. Her waist is now square. And her booty is flat. Her thighs are skinny with no muscle tone but still have cellulite on them. She’s got a kangaroo pouch instead of a flat belly from pumping out 4 rotten kids, 2 who hate her, 1 who is her “best friend,” and the other who’s in and out of rehab.

It’s over, fellas. The incompetence runs too deeply. The disease is at the top of the organization and runs down like diarrhea down a 90 year-old man’s leg. When the entire organization is trash there’s really no hope in sight.

Unless some miracle happens where a female lawyer and her cronies hellbent on what appears right publicly versus what is actually right is no longer the big shot caller, it’s time to enter the acceptance phase of Kubler-Ross’s 5 stages of death.
I was waiting for this post. If, by some minuscule chance there was still hope, you would have provided me with a “green shoot.”

Hindsight is 20/20 of course... when they joined the ACC they were done. They get a check and can neuter the program while keeping appearances in check. This was a political hit job and nobody will convince
me otherwise.

When you “The Franchise” confirm the grim reaper has come, I start the stages of grief. Now I just need James Jackson’s brother to knock me out from the top rope and for @Rellyrell to turn on the credits to end the horror film.

Advertisement

I agree my brother. All I have are memories from the first time I walked in the OB in 1977 as a 5 year old.

Advertisement
U have now joined the way i think franchise. It sucks man cause when im negative af i look tocpeople like u to give me hope. U have checked out man and i feel like **** reading this even though its the truth. I been like this for two to three years.
I’m always very optimistic until it’s proven that I shouldn’t be. I’m a winner, and winners are always positive and looking for ways that things can work until we are shown otherwise. They’ve proven to me that the time for optimism and looking for positives is over

Dude, where have you been lately? Did you even tune in for the game yesterday? The bottom line is this football program is in DOOMSDAY mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sucks my family is die hard canes and we are suffering. My son think
Jimmy is not on the BOT.

I would like to see Marcus Lemonis have a more active role on the BOT.
I graduated with Marcus, the guy loves Canes football and is a huge CCHS donor.

Told my friends I’d take Urban for 5 years, 2 natties and the program being shut down by the NCAA afterwards. At least I’d know we’d win again and never suck again after they ended the program.

Advertisement
Back