TT vs MIAMI

I guarantee 250 of those programs would kill to be us!

That's the problem. We're a top 40 program. We used to be Duke basketball. I cotdam guarantee you that if Duke basketball goes on a run in which they make ONE sweet sixteen appearance in six years, people are going to want heads to roll. That's what we're in right now. ONE sweet sixteen appearance in six years. Forget Omaha. We don't even play in Super Regionals anymore.

Advertisement
Can you guys actually give updates instead of fighting like little ****es?

This isn't a game update thread. www.d1baseball.com

What is it then?

A game commentary thread. Where do you see any updates through four pages?

That's the point. There are some of us who can't follow the game and would appreciate score updates every once in awhile. That's what we do for basketball. No one is saying to drop the commentary. Just throw us a bone.

3-0 Texas Tech

OK...3-0 on an RBI single by TT's cleanup hitter. 1 out, runners on the corners. Hammond on the hill.

I guarantee 250 of those programs would kill to be us!

That's the problem. We're a top 40 program. We used to be Duke basketball. I cotdam guarantee you that if Duke basketball goes on a run in which they make ONE sweet sixteen appearance in six years, people are going to want heads to roll. That's what we're in right now. ONE sweet sixteen appearance in six years. Forget Omaha. We don't even play in Super Regionals anymore.

Antwan just hit it on the head, end of story

Is there anyway we can vote to ban Antwan or something like that...?

Mods?
Why? Has he said anything that's provably wrong? If he's banned, then half to 3/4 of the posters on the football board are in danger of being banned too.

Folks are ****ed because either 1) they don't realize we suck because they don't know the game, or 2) they know, but hate that he is pointing it out.

or 3) because they support the squad unconditionally and have no control over managerial decisions, slumps, or University coaching decisions as to hires, fires or extensions...AND hate hearing the same ole same ole horse**** that everyone already knows.

When is the last time you saw a SERIOUS "we are a no doubt" Super Regional team, much less host this year? How about a "we played a brutal schedule during our streak this year" thread? There were none outside of drive by exaggerated optimism at most. We all know what we have this year...and we were all hoping that the softest part of our schedule would keep the bats alive at least...it didn't..they are flat. That is all. 37 posts per thread on the topic is unnecessary.

UM

Advertisement
Hammond gets a backwards K, two out. And that was my bad earlier... Runners on 1st/2nd, 2 away. Hammond's night is done. I'm guessing Woodrey or Garcia now? They went to commercial before I could see the switch.

Advertisement
Wow, we could've easily been 0-2 and a bbq!!! We have already peaked for the season!! Sad

I honestly don't even know when we "peaked". What was our defining moment.....sweeping Clemson, a team that just took an embarrassing 0-2 into the summer? Really, when did we play well against really good teams?

Is there anyway we can vote to ban Antwan or something like that...?

Mods?
Why? Has he said anything that's provably wrong? If he's banned, then half to 3/4 of the posters on the football board are in danger of being banned too.

Folks are ****ed because either 1) they don't realize we suck because they don't know the game, or 2) they know, but hate that he is pointing it out.

or 3) because they support the squad unconditionally and have no control over managerial decisions, slumps, or University coaching decisions as to hires, fires or extensions...AND hate hearing the same ole same ole horse**** that everyone already knows.

When is the last time you saw a SERIOUS "we are a no doubt" Super Regional team, much less host this year? How about a "we played a brutal schedule during our streak this year" thread? There were none outside of drive by exaggerated optimism at most. We all know what we have this year...and we were all hoping that the softest part of our schedule would keep the bats alive at least...it didn't..they are flat. That is all. 37 posts per thread on the topic is unnecessary.

UM

or 4. general douchebaggery

Last 6 outs. Bottom of the 8th 3-0 bad guys.

Come one canes. It's 3:25 am in Barcelona. Don't make me regret waking up for this crapfest.

Advertisement
or 3) because they support the squad unconditionally
If I wasn't supporting the squad or hoping for us to win, I wouldn't be watching and receiving the same kick in the nuts every time I tune in.

Supporting the players and hoping they win has NOTHING to do with being realistic and pointing out flaws that you see in the way that 3 is managing this team.

I'm tired of Superfan Cards being pulled out when anyone makes an observation that we suck on the field at certain things...and somehow that makes us bad fans. It doesn't. We love the Canes too. We want them to win. But this **** is frustrating. And I'm not going to rah-rah bad execution or technique.

we have scored 1 run in 18 innings and it was on a ******* past ball
utter ******* disgrace

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thompson would have 3 homers if we were playing this game on a Little League field. Awesome ARod-esque power that was touted coming out of HS right there...FML.

We suck... we are a terrible ball club
For all you pussies out there that try to defend this utter joke of a program god bless you and good luck with you losing years of your lives watching this disgraceful program

A joke program? Disgraceful? Really?!? ACC champs, ACC Co-pitcher of the year, ACC rookie of the year, 40 wins, 1 of 4 teams ever to win 24 ACC games. If that's disgraceful then I'd hate to see what your standards are for mediocre! So if your kid doesn't win his little league title, do you kick him outta the house and make him sleep on the lawn?! We may not be elite or where we once were, but we're FAR from disgraceful or a joke!!

Last edited:
Just wait until football season. (just wait until the 2nd QTR of the Labor Day game at UL) and you will beg for the days of laying down in home regionals!

Advertisement
Back