Trouble in Gainesville?

Advertisement
Are you guys seriously trying to turn this awesome thread into a discussion about academics?

Apparently you’re not too familiar with the methodology U.S. News & World Report uses to rank schools. It’s about 10% academics, I've posted extensively on it with the actual metrics. If you’re interested you could do a search.

True. US News is heavily fixated on the percentage of applicants accepted/denied. Florida has the 3rd most populous state in the country, and for over 100 years they disproportionately gave state tax money to UF, while effectively choking out the directional state schools like UCF, USF, and FIU.
As a result, UF is, by far, the best state school in Florida and everyone in Florida TRIES to get in. The result is a VERY unfair pumping-up of the "selectivity index" for UF, which in turn makes it look like a "better" school academically.

It's a bunch of BS, but until US News changes its methodology, UF is going to continue to "look good".

Meanwhile, most UC and SUNY schools ****e on UF, but US News has UF at the 35 spot, so what can you do?

Advertisement
I shall hit that place up at least once August 22-25.

There is also a Grafitti Junktion on Church Street in downtown Orlando.

LOTS of good bars in downtown. World of Beer on Lake Eola has amazing views. Hanson's Shoe Repair (speakeasy). Latitudes (rooftop bar). I'll give a whole listing later, but there are some great spots in downtown Orlando.

So word on Rivals site is Steele heading to Oregon. Seems like maybe that was in his head when making this decision. FWIW. Guess we will soon see

LOTS of good bars in downtown. World of Beer on Lake Eola has amazing views. Hanson's Shoe Repair (speakeasy). Latitudes (rooftop bar). I'll give a whole listing later, but there are some great spots in downtown Orlando.
I'm at World of Beer at Eola every weekend...GF lives in the Paramount across st....Graffiti Junction in Thornton is better than the Church St one....GF Loves Tanguerey's.....I can walk to Thorton Park in 5mins from my home..

Advertisement
Would you prefer Forbes?

68. UF
100. UM
163. FSU

Source: https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/
Those rankings are heavily influenced by research grants, endowment and alumni fundraising. It’s bunk, and you belong at UF if you think you’re magically smarter at a school with 6x the enrollment of a quality private school like Miami.

Last edited:

Hillstone winter park
h

Advertisement
Jesus... stfu about the school rankings. Go start an OT thread and debate it there. This is a celebration thread.

It's like we're at a bachelor party and while everyone is having a good time laughing at the groom motorboating some big beautiful tatas, you two wet blankets are sitting around the stage in a heated debate about bathroom laws for the trans community.

Advertisement
I'm at World of Beer at Eola every weekend...GF lives in the Paramount across st....Graffiti Junction in Thornton is better than the Church St one....GF Loves Tanguerey's.....I can walk to Thorton Park in 5mins from my home..

Yeah, I haven't been to the new location in Thornton Park yet, and I'm sure it beats the Church Street location, but there's going to be a lot of folks in from out of town who won't want to keep moving their cars around.

I'm not against Tanqueray's, but that's where I was (in 1991) before I got my one-and-only DUI stop. I like Ember and all the gastropubs on Orange Avenue. Harp & Celt is great, as well as Schumann's on Church Street.

Don't know if you listen to Real Radio, but a former UM football player (walk-on) does a weekly call-in on Tom & Dan and a weekly comedy gig at that one bar at Orange & Wall Street.

Yeah, I haven't been to the new location in Thornton Park yet, and I'm sure it beats the Church Street location, but there's going to be a lot of folks in from out of town who won't want to keep moving their cars around.

I'm not against Tanqueray's, but that's where I was (in 1991) before I got my one-and-only DUI stop. I like Ember and all the gastropubs on Orange Avenue. Harp & Celt is great, as well as Schumann's on Church Street.

Don't know if you listen to Real Radio, but a former UM football player (walk-on) does a weekly call-in on Tom & Dan and a weekly comedy gig at that one bar at Orange & Wall Street.
Lol...I was going to Tanqeray's in 91 as well...small world...Love Ember...and isn't the Harp & Celt next to Sportstown??

Wall Street Cantina??

Advertisement
Back