Trouble in Gainesville?

Advertisement
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ge-and-is-a-colossal-disaster-for-the-gators/

Steele entered the transfer portal, citing, according to the Gainesville Sun’s Zach Alboverdi, a dispute with the coaches over a roommate situation, as the reason. The roommate? Jalon Jones.

Alboverdi reported, and SDS confirmed through multiple sources, including one with the University Police Department, that Steele had concerns about Jones that predated the early April sexual battery incidents wherein Jones was implicated.

Steele, who is listed in the police reports as a prospective witness on account of living with Jones, expressed concern about Jones’ behaviors to the Florida coaching staff as early as late January, per SDS sources. According to Alboverdi’s report, Steele asked to be assigned a different roommate, citing his own concerns about getting into trouble by association. The staff punted on the request, telling Steele they would move him in the summer.

As it turns out, Steele was right, and the summer was too late.

The whole incident infuriated Steele’s family, who encouraged him to come home to California.

This should really help future **** recruiting in California. Donnie Mullins was clearly interested in it. Probably was about to brag that they scheduled a game out west in Colorado in the year 2054.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wasn't even arguing that. I was just saying it wasn't garbage.

i agree w you. i went to UM (as i assume you did too) and i know kids who got into both and obviously those that went to UF. its the same quality education. anyone who disagrees is lying to themselves. i know gator mentioned that UF grads dont make as much as UM grads in high earning majors (those dont really exist anymore) and that's not true lol. UM isn't really special for business, but a ton of kids at UM are NE kids w connections. both schools on par with each other for sciences and obviously when you go to law school area, its UF currently with FIU having the highest bar pass rates. UM and UF med are both similar. engineering id lean towards UF for certain areas, UM for BME and others, and UCF actually has a good program in that area too.

side note -- my cousin is in finance in NYC and the places he's worked and has friends that work at the other larger companies there wont even touch a UM grad unless that UM is Michigan (where he went).

i agree w you. i went to UM (as i assume you did too) and i know kids who got into both and obviously those that went to UF. its the same quality education. anyone who disagrees is lying to themselves. i know gator mentioned that UF grads dont make as much as UM grads in high earning majors (those dont really exist anymore) and that's not true lol. UM isn't really special for business, but a ton of kids at UM are NE kids w connections. both schools on par with each other for sciences and obviously when you go to law school area, its UF currently with FIU having the highest bar pass rates. UM and UF med are both similar. engineering id lean towards UF for certain areas, UM for BME and others, and UCF actually has a good program in that area too.

"education" really doesn't matter in most majors. What matters is how companies perceive your education. I would not be surprised if UF kids are taught just as well as UM kids, but large companies do not see it that way.

There are "high earning majors". There are finance and econ majors that end up making 200-300k a couple years after graduating and making millions by the time they reach 30 in NYC. This is not common at UM, obviously more common at the Ivys/Stanford, but there are UM grads that have went this route. UF has 0.

"education" really doesn't matter in most majors. What matters is how companies perceive your education. I would not be surprised if UF kids are taught just as well as UM kids, but large companies do not see it that way.

There are "high earning majors". There are finance and econ majors that end up making 200-300k a couple years after graduating and making millions by the time they reach 30 in NYC. This is not common at UM, obviously more common at the Ivys/Stanford, but there are UM grads that have went this route. UF has 0.

my cousin is in that as he went to Ross Business. UM isnt placing anyone in those jobs without connections based on my cousins experiences. he and his friends are at the exact places you're talking (i banking, finance, that whole realm). those places recruit out of the top undergrad business programs not UM or UF. UF, interestingly enough, for tax law is incredibly strong (top 3 in the country)

my cousin is in that as he went to Ross Business. UM isnt placing anyone in those jobs without connections based on my cousins experiences. he and his friends are at the exact places you're talking (i banking, finance, that whole realm). those places recruit out of the top undergrad business programs not UM or UF. UF, interestingly enough, for tax law is incredibly strong (top 3 in the country)

I got a front office PE job which is more competitive than IB and "the whole realm" with 0 connections as a UM graduate. I have literally came across 0 UF grads in my entire career. The only UF guys I know are back office guys.

Advertisement
I got a front office PE job which is more competitive than IB and "the whole realm" with 0 connections as a UM graduate. I have literally came across 0 UF grads in my entire career. The only UF guys I know are back office guys.

youre one of the few. most of the people i graduated with at UM aren't placed in those jobs in nYC unless they legit had a connection (most of them do since theyre from the area). also, there are a ton of UF grads in the NYC area that i personally know. neither school pops on a resume unless the hiring manager has a connection imo (exceptions apply of course). theyre both top 50ish schools on average and basically w each other. the only diff between UF and UM is that UM has a northeast base since they have so many NE kids attend. for value (esp if youre a FLA resident), you'd be dumb not to take a free ride unless UM was offering similar (chances youre getting money from UM if you got into UF based on current acceptance criteria)

youre one of the few. most of the people i graduated with at UM aren't placed in those jobs in nYC unless they legit had a connection (most of them do since theyre from the area). also, there are a ton of UF grads in the NYC area that i personally know. neither school pops on a resume unless the hiring manager has a connection imo (exceptions apply of course). theyre both top 50ish schools on average and basically w each other. the only diff between UF and UM is that UM has a northeast base since they have so many NE kids attend.

100%. I even stated that earlier. I am simply saying the fact that Miami does occasionally place a kid in these positions is more than UF can say. There are tons of UF grads in the NYC areas, but none of them are front office guys.

Advertisement
100%. I even stated that earlier. I am simply saying the fact that Miami does occasionally place a kid in these positions is more than UF can say. There are tons of UF grads in the NYC areas, but none of them are front office guys.
For one thing, UM is private. UF is a state school from the South in a city few have ever heard of outside of Florida.

25 years ago Stetson was considered the best law school in FL followed by UM. At least that was the scuttlebutt among those of us considering applying.

Steele should have came here instead of playing games though, remember we were in on home, other Cali kids would have been, we aren't on that small town bull****.

youre one of the few. most of the people i graduated with at UM aren't placed in those jobs in nYC unless they legit had a connection (most of them do since theyre from the area). also, there are a ton of UF grads in the NYC area that i personally know. neither school pops on a resume unless the hiring manager has a connection imo (exceptions apply of course). theyre both top 50ish schools on average and basically w each other. the only diff between UF and UM is that UM has a northeast base since they have so many NE kids attend. for value (esp if youre a FLA resident), you'd be dumb not to take a free ride unless UM was offering similar (chances youre getting money from UM if you got into UF based on current acceptance criteria)
You're 100% correct on the UM and UF resumes on those NYC jobs. I'm a corporate recruiter with with years of experience recruiting on corporate strategy for a top end management consulting firm. Miami and UF degrees aren't on the same level in regard to those jobs. Extremely picky market for those skill sets.

Advertisement
Back