Trouble in Gainesville?

Yeah, I haven't been to the new location in Thornton Park yet, and I'm sure it beats the Church Street location, but there's going to be a lot of folks in from out of town who won't want to keep moving their cars around.

I'm not against Tanqueray's, but that's where I was (in 1991) before I got my one-and-only DUI stop. I like Ember and all the gastropubs on Orange Avenue. Harp & Celt is great, as well as Schumann's on Church Street.

Don't know if you listen to Real Radio, but a former UM football player (walk-on) does a weekly call-in on Tom & Dan and a weekly comedy gig at that one bar at Orange & Wall Street.

BDM!!!!

Advertisement
Lol...I was going to Tanqeray's in 91 as well...small world...Love Ember...and isn't the Harp & Celt next to Sportstown??

Harp & Celt on Magnolia, just north of Pine. On Thursdays, they fly the bangers & mash in from Ireland.

And I think the place I'm talking about is called Sideshow (?), right next to Wall Street Cantina. Same owners, I think.

Advertisement
Harp & Celt on Magnolia, just north of Pine. On Thursdays, they fly the bangers & mash in from Ireland.

And I think the place I'm talking about is called Sideshow (?), right next to Wall Street Cantina. Same owners, I think.
Same owners is correct...Yeah...now I know where the Harp & Celt is....I also like the Corona Cigar place on Orange, next to the Theatre...

https://www.barstoolsports.com/bars...utes-apart-immediately-enters-transfer-portal

Steel and Hill looks like they may be on the ropes.

SOURCE-The reports, obtained by the Tampa Bay Times, stem from two purported incidents 30 minutes apart on April 6 at a residential housing complex. A female student told University of Florida police that the first incident began consensually, but took a turn when freshman cornerbacks Chris Steele and Jaydon Hill barged into the room and started laughing.

The woman said she then told Jones, 18, to stop the encounter before pushing the freshman quarterback off and getting dressed. She then entered Steele’s room.

Roughly 30 minutes later, Jones kissed the neck of another woman in a kitchen before removing her jean shorts and underwear, she told police. Jones then penetrated the woman, who repeatedly told him to stop, according to the report.

The student managed to escape and got dressed before calling an Uber to get home, the report shows.

Of course she was wearing jorts

Advertisement
Great thing about dt orlando is there are about 20+ solid bars all within about 5 square blocks. Its a bar hopping type of neighborhood. It really needs a good Miami spot though. Seems there are enough on this site alone around the area to get something going

Last edited:
Alboverdi reported, and SDS confirmed through multiple sources, including one with the University Police Department, that Steele had concerns about Jones that predated the early April sexual battery incidents wherein Jones was implicated.

Steele, who is listed in the police reports as a prospective witness on account of living with Jones, expressed concern about Jones’ behaviors to the Florida coaching staff as early as late January, per SDS sources. According to Alboverdi’s report, Steele asked to be assigned a different roommate, citing his own concerns about getting into trouble by association. The staff punted on the request, telling Steele they would move him in the summer.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ge-and-is-a-colossal-disaster-for-the-gators/

Steele entered the transfer portal, citing, according to the Gainesville Sun’s Zach Alboverdi, a dispute with the coaches over a roommate situation, as the reason. The roommate? Jalon Jones.

Alboverdi reported, and SDS confirmed through multiple sources, including one with the University Police Department, that Steele had concerns about Jones that predated the early April sexual battery incidents wherein Jones was implicated.

Steele, who is listed in the police reports as a prospective witness on account of living with Jones, expressed concern about Jones’ behaviors to the Florida coaching staff as early as late January, per SDS sources. According to Alboverdi’s report, Steele asked to be assigned a different roommate, citing his own concerns about getting into trouble by association. The staff punted on the request, telling Steele they would move him in the summer.

As it turns out, Steele was right, and the summer was too late.

The whole incident infuriated Steele’s family, who encouraged him to come home to California.

Advertisement
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ge-and-is-a-colossal-disaster-for-the-gators/

Steele entered the transfer portal, citing, according to the Gainesville Sun’s Zach Alboverdi, a dispute with the coaches over a roommate situation, as the reason. The roommate? Jalon Jones.

As it turns out, Steele was right, and the summer was too late.

The whole incident infuriated Steele’s family, who encouraged him to come home to California.

That QB Jones sounds like a real deviate.

Advertisement
yulp....performing comedy is different.. just like sanford & son and the Jeffersons which I love but probably the 2 biggest racist and politically incorrect shows ever
Show me where I'm a racist.

**Edit**

Thought so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back