Trouble in Gainesville?

Advertisement
I hope they suffer the loss of those last 2 commits, and have Togo the Portal route ala Kennedy for replacements. The more misery the better for the hated Gayturd.

Thank you. This is 100% true. I too work in PE in NYC and as I stated above we are obviously not placing guys like Stanford or the Ivys, but we have more than UF without a doubt.

UF is looked at as a joke of a school. I have literally never met a front office PE UF grad.

We have guys on this forum that work in completely different fields trying to say "well forbes has UF higher than UM so that means they will get jobs over UM kids". Or my favorite " the school doesn't matter". That is 100% bs in any competitive field. Their is no doubt a hierarchy. Even within the Ivys, Cambridge, Stanford, etc. Schools like Harvard and Yale are seen as the most elite, whereas schools like Cornell are seen more on the level of Duke than their Ivy peers.

Brother, regardless of occupational field, where you went to school will only get you an interview. I'm a UM & Duke grad. Obviously Duke holds a lot more weight when it comes to potential employers, and it has served me well in getting me in front of the decision makers, but interview performance and diversity is what closes the deal.

For the record, Duke is a top 8 school annually, unlike Cornell ;)

Brother, regardless of occupational field, where you went to school will only get you an interview. I'm a UM & Duke grad. Obviously Duke holds a lot more weight when it comes to potential employers, and it has served me well in getting me in front of the decision makers, but interview performance and diversity is what closes the deal.

For the record, Duke is a top 8 school annually, unlike Cornell ;)

You are 100% right brother. I was just pointing out that certain degrees will literally close doors for you. Certain jobs wont even allow you to interview if your degree is from certain schools. Duke will open up way more doors than a Miami degree will open. That said, like you said, you still need to perform and handle the interview well to get the job. Then once you actually get the job your degree means absolutely nothing.

Completely agree about Duke vs Cornell. I would hire a Duke grad over a Cornell grad(all things equal) any day of the week. Duke is a very elite school. To be fair so is Cornell.

Advertisement
For one thing, UM is private. UF is a state school from the South in a city few have ever heard of outside of Florida.

25 years ago Stetson was considered the best law school in FL followed by UM. At least that was the scuttlebutt among those of us considering applying.
Stetson had the highest bar passage rate back then. That was what I remember.

You are 100% right brother. I was just pointing out that certain degrees will literally close doors for you. Certain jobs wont even allow you to interview if your degree is from certain schools. Duke will open up way more doors than a Miami degree will open. That said, like you said, you still need to perform and handle the interview well to get the job. Then once you actually get the job your degree means absolutely nothing.

Completely agree about Duke vs Cornell. I would hire a Duke grad over a Cornell grad(all things equal) any day of the week. Duke is a very elite school. To be fair so is Cornell.
Gatorhater and motosniper with theire crew
B079FACB-30F3-485F-9BA9-48E416754DB4.jpeg

Advertisement
Stetson had the highest bar passage rate back then. That was what I remember.
Son almost went to Stetson...A close friend of mine (The Late Ron Frasers Daughter is a Stetson Grad)...Fantastic school...but who tf wants to spend 4yrs in Deland??...Not my ***...

Son almost went to Stetson...A close friend of mine (The Late Ron Frasers Daughter is a Stetson Grad)...Fantastic school...but who tf wants to spend 4yrs in Deland??...Not my ***...
Their law school is in Gulfport by St Pete.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Both grandparents, both parents and my uncle all graduated from Stetson. Was a very good private Baptist school years ago but recently has become much more liberal.

Advertisement
Back