Trouble in Gainesville?

Advertisement
Would you prefer Forbes?

68. UF
100. UM
163. FSU

Source: https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/

Forbes is a joke with this stuff too though. Yeahhhh, Davidson is a better school than Carnegie Mellon. Williams is apparently a much better school than the University of Chicago. Ooookay.

As per any debate about UM and UiF and the actual overall academics, I prefer to look at general trendlines of all of these subjective rankings and am pretty comfortable in just saying that both schools are pretty much set in the back half of Top 50 National University Land and the dramatic occasional distancing from one another is usually just an outlier and fodder for brief bragging rights. Remember Alfredo's constant recruiting shtick about being the highest ranked academic institution in the state?

Advertisement
**** I missed it. What did this say?

Screenshot_20190509-142347_Twitter.jpg

Forbes is a joke with this stuff too though. Yeahhhh, Davidson is a better school than Carnegie Mellon. Williams is apparently a much better school than the University of Chicago. Ooookay.

As per any debate about UM and UiF and the actual overall academics, I prefer to look at general trendlines of all of these subjective rankings and am pretty comfortable in just saying that both schools are pretty much set in the back half of Top 50 National University Land and the dramatic occasional distancing from one another is usually just an outlier and fodder for brief bragging rights. Remember Alfredo's constant recruiting shtick about being the highest ranked academic institution in the state?
Historically, UF and UM have been pretty close academically. FSU has come close but slid a lot over the past few years.

Saying UF is a garbage degree though is completely false. It's the first choice of FL prepaid and bright futures students for a reason. My daughter's plan is that between an AICE HS diploma and a Bright Futures scholarship, she'll get in UF. They say you need a 4.1-4.5 GPA.

Advertisement
Lmao!!!!

Yall remember when a bunch of their players got suspended for credit card fraud? Lol...

A bunch of ****** fck ups, those kids just get up to Gaynesville & lose they got **** mind lol

Gaytes gonna Gayte.
Historically, UF and UM have been pretty close academically. FSU has come close but slid a lot over the past few years.

Saying UF is a garbage degree though is completely false. It's the first choice of FL prepaid and bright futures students for a reason. My daughter's plan is that between an AICE HS diploma and a Bright Futures scholarship, she'll get in UF. They say you need a 4.1-4.5 GPA.
I think the point is these rankings are much more than overall academics. They take into account things like location, tuition, amenities, dorms, food, etc. What the groups is saying you can't take overall at face value because overall is not academics alone. I would venture to think once you add the tuition assistance the state will be providing private school students next year with the new dormitories among other upgrades we would surpass them in the next ranking.

Would you prefer Forbes?

68. UF
100. UM
163. FSU

WTF are you dudes talking about... Who gives a crap... This is football were talking about... None of these kids are going into the specialized programs, etc. Jesus, help us. Heck, FIU and FAU has decent educational programs. The whole convo is totally stupid. Now, if your comparing Savannah State and with one of the major schools, then alright, there will be an educational difference. This is a non-issue.

It's not a garbage degree. It's just a garbage town filled with garbage people but I digress!

Nah, you're right but that whole GPA shtick that UiF apologists like to parrot is more due to the ridiculous formulas that high schools use now and less indicative of the overall quality of the accepted applicants as I believe UM still had (the last I checked) higher average SAT/ACT scores. This is why when the Gheyturd Deludinoids try to claim to be in the same league as your UVAs or Cal Berkeleys and the other elite publics that it's beyond laughable. Yeahhhh, you're getting high school kids with 4.0's and above but you're not getting the SAME high school kids.

But I'd agree that it's obviously not a trash degree but more on par with your Penn States or Wisconsins than your Michigans or UCLAs. It's obviously quite the value through the pre-paid program too.

Advertisement
Miami, USF, UCF, FIU, FAU, Bethune Cookman, FAMU, North Florida, Florida Gulf Coast, Jacksonville, Stetson, West Florida, Florida Southern, Florida Tech, Nova, Southeastern, Florida Memorial, Keiser, ASA Miami, Broward College, Miami-Dade College, Central Florida College, South Florida State College>>>>>>> UF.

Would you prefer Forbes?

68. UF
100. UM
163. FSU

Similar methodology.

What’s your agenda here?

To suck off UF?

Qualified students go to UF because it’s affordable, more so than the academics. And as was mentioned previously, look at SAT and ACT scores of incoming freshmen.

People in my extended family that went to UF - it wasn’t because of academics, it was because they couldn’t afford UM and were basically going to UF for free.

Advertisement
Similar methodology.

What’s your agenda here?

To suck off UF?
I was simply saying UF isn't a garbage degree, but that its the best option for a public university in Florida. But since reading comprehension seems be on par with FSU grads around here, let me be clear.

Gainesville sucks. I would NEVER want to live there.

I hate the Gator. Always have, always will.

Does that seem like sucking off to you?

I was simply saying UF isn't a garbage degree, but that its the best option for a public university in Florida. But since reading comprehension seems be on par with FSU grads around here, let me be clear.

Gainesville sucks. I would NEVER want to live there.

I hate the Gator. Always have, always will.

Does that seem like sucking off to you?

I added to my post

Advertisement
Back