TreVonte Citizen - Year One

Everyone always mentions him only rushing for 4ypc but how can we not mention the AWFUL run blocking. Put rooster behind OSU and I guarantee he would average more than 4 yards
That kid was a tough kid last year. He took a pounding and at times gave a pounding. I think he will flourish this year with a role. His role last year was a heavy burden. He embraced it and was a tough back.

Who the starter will be? That will be interesting to see play out.

Advertisement
Because freshman don’t block well traditionally. No one wants to lose a quarterback because a back can’t pick up the blitz. There’s three/four backs ahead of him with more experience at the college level. Every back in front of him was rated a four star or better. We are literally in the middle of summer workouts and 45 days from game one. We all want every kid here to succeed, but most here will let it play out on the field. TVD didn’t start last year and king was unable to thrown the ball downfield. The kid is a Heisman candidate and projected first rounder this season. All coaches overvalue experience. In a run first offense, it wouldn’t surprise me he begins forth on the depth chart. If he’s the second coming, we’ll all be thrilled!!!!!
This right here man.

You're right lol. You did say that. But I still stand with if everyone is healthy.....which obviously is a BIG if.... There's no way a TF is jumping 4......4 rbs with college experience.
Duke did it, abd end of year 1 he was clearly the best player on the roster. But he’s a generational talent imo, Fwiw Don was described by many as the same. it would be amazing if Citizen was the caliber.

Duke did it, abd end of year 1 he was clearly the best player on the roster. But he’s a generational talent imo, Fwiw Don was described by many as the same. it would be amazing if Citizen was the caliber.
You're right.... But who was the talent behind Duke?

Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE for Citizen to be this type of talent that everyone is expecting tho.

Maybe he will but I think there’s gonna be enough carries to go around

Advertisement
There was a rumor that Chaney was not working hard. This surprises me because it goes against everything that was previously said about him being a high charecter guy.

@Brooklyndee @DMoney @Cribby is there any legs to this or is it the same old CIS bullshyt trolls try to have us stepping in.
If I Fits I Sits Cat Butt GIF

I think yall are forgetting just how elite Chaney is. The rare community of size, speed, agility and acceleration is intriguing. Sure he has to stay healthy but can we say the same for everyone playing this contact sport of football. Rooster is no slouch either! That kid is playmaker with game breaking speed
Not sure anyone can make the claim that Chaney is elite at the college level. We're talking about a guy with less than 80 career carries and a 4.7 ypc average. He's shown some flashes but he has to stay healthy. I don't care if you're Barry Sanders. If you're injured, you're worth less than a walk-on running back.

Because freshman don’t block well traditionally. No one wants to lose a quarterback because a back can’t pick up the blitz. There’s three/four backs ahead of him with more experience at the college level. Every back in front of him was rated a four star or better. We are literally in the middle of summer workouts and 45 days from game one. We all want every kid here to succeed, but most here will let it play out on the field. TVD didn’t start last year and king was unable to thrown the ball downfield. The kid is a Heisman candidate and projected first rounder this season. All coaches overvalue experience. In a run first offense, it wouldn’t surprise me he begins forth on the depth chart. If he’s the second coming, we’ll all be thrilled!!!!!
I appreciate your viewpoint and totally get not wanting to get TVD killed. They’re all learning a new offense though and you said it yourself, it’s a run first offense. He’ll get his chance and I think by years end he’ll be the workhorse. That’s just my opinion tho. RB is a wide open position on O just like WR

Advertisement
That kid was a tough kid last year. He took a pounding and at times gave a pounding. I think he will flourish this year with a role. His role last year was a heavy burden. He embraced it and was a tough back.

Who the starter will be? That will be interesting to see play out.
And THIS ^^^^

Rooster took a beating and dished many out despite his frame last season. He laid his body on the line for Us.

He was used wrong (bad personnel choices), the run blocking was awful and the run playcalling was predictable. When U put those three factors together, mentioning his ypc without context is unfair and lightweight unappreciative.

Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE for Citizen to be this type of talent that everyone is expecting tho.
Who’s in front of Citizen?? Like seriously bro we got backs w experience who avg less then 5ypc each! One weighs 180 soaking wet and the other can’t stay healthy. I think you’re overvaluing our roster big time

Advertisement
He separated himself from…who? Citizen a different animal. Separating yourself from cam harris and a scat back is cool and all but hey man

Or you can see it as an uber talented back separating himself from the pack.

I don’t see any deficiencies other backs may have as having anything to do with how good Chaney is or will be

I believe it was Coach Hayes reviewing his tape, WRE, and was blown away about skill set vision, etc and believed top 5 back coming out of high school,

One of his BEST attributes was his pass protection, not saying late enrollment / experience, don't factor in, but pass protection by our backs was bad for last several years (Eye test and PFF)

Just other colleges have freshman running backs starting early freshman year, Buckeyes, Clemson etc. Heavy contributor by game 7-8.

Advertisement
For this Year - you could tell me any of the 5 RB's lead us in rushing and I wouldn't argue against it. I think it's going to be harder for the coaches to figure out a rotation than what people are thinking.

By the end of their careers - I'd put the best odds on Citizen ending up the most talented

And THIS ^^^^

Rooster took a beating and dished many out despite his frame last season. He laid his body on the line for Us.

He was used wrong (bad personnel choices), the run blocking was awful and the run playcalling was predictable. When U put those three factors together, mentioning his ypc without context is unfair and lightweight unappreciative.
He is a talented back, I just enjoyed watching the kid lay it on the line carry after carry. Someone mentioned wheel routes earlier, solid call. If Chaney can stay healthy it seems they have a stable that can be dynamic but it is July so time will tell.

Mike James was the starting running back during Duke's freshman year. He wasn't a bum. He had 621 yards rushing and also caught 30 passes that year. He got drafted and played three seasons in the NFL.

Duke was a star right away but James was a very productive college running back.

Ypc had everything to do with our two running plays and poor run blocking scheme.
This is the excuse for Knighton everyone keeps using.

Every other running back on the team the last two years all played in the same scheme with the same blocking.

They all averaged more yards per carry than Knighton besides Rob Burns who only had 16 carries in 2020.

Advertisement
Back