TreVonte Citizen - Year One

Advertisement
In this scenario, is Chaney healthy?
I’m assuming all stay healthy. I loved Chaney’s game but he needs to stay healthy. Rooster can’t be relied upon to be the workhorse back. I’m a Thad Franklin believer but I think Citizen is the prototype Cristobal back. Parrish will factor in a lot as well but can see him having more of a role as a pass catcher.

I can’t wait to see this kid

That really was a coup by Mario

We’ve got some good backs but you could definitely be right. I’m not the most well versed on Gattis system when it comes to RBs and protection though

Advertisement
Citizen will be our starting RB by years end. Let’s discuss…

1658409866786.png

Every year there's a true freshman that we put unreasonable expectations on. I mess with Citizen but he if he doesn't meet the expectations set on this board in year 1 I'm not going to allow myself to make him Lingard mentally.

Haha I let it happen to me with Brashard Smith based on what was said here and now I have to readjust how I view him so I don't think he's a bust but simply a young player figuring it out. Boys had me thinking we had Freshman year Percy coming in.

Advertisement
The best part is that each will want to make the most of every opportunity they get to carry the ball.

I think optimally Chaney/Citizen will be our lead back. Rooster I think will be better as a change of pace/3rd down back, getting lots of catches. I think he got worn down last year as the lead. Parrish will also get carries. Franklin short yardage or grinding out teams in the 4th. I expect us to run 40x per game and pass around 30, so there are carries to go around.

Advertisement
I believe Citizen is a good prospect, but he has some other good backs to beat out on the roster.

Rooster
Parrish
Chaney
Franklin

Lets not crown the kid before seeing him play a down. CIS will CIS though.
Chill, man. Without these kind of threads, there wouldn’t be much left to the site.

I believe Citizen is a good prospect, but he has some other good backs to beat out on the roster.

Rooster
Parrish
Chaney
Franklin

That’s a good looking group if healthy

I’m a big Rooster fan. What he did last year was pretty incredible

Not a kid that should ever be carrying it 25 times a game but he did it, and he carried us for a while. He’s going to break some big ones this year for sure

Advertisement

Rooster
Parrish
Chaney
Franklin

Let’s discuss and break it down further then listing who is on the roster

That’s a good looking group if healthy

I’m a big Rooster fan. What he did last year was pretty incredible

Not a kid that should ever be carrying it 25 times a game but he did it, and he carried us for a while. He’s going to break some big ones this year for sure
Rooster also averages less then 4 ypc which is awful for CFB. He’s electric but he’s not built to run between the tackles. Really only Thad, Chaney, and Citizen are built for power running schemes. I see Citizen getting a lot of snaps

Running back is one of the few positions that freshmen can transition to from high school fairly easily. If I HAD to pick a freshman who I believe will be starting at some point this year, it's 100% Citizen. There's a lot of competition at running back though.

Advertisement
Back