TreVonte Citizen - Year One

First things first regarding Knighton: like his game and attitude but he better hold onto the rock. Mario and Kev Smith ain’t gonna play that shlt.

Advertisement
Smh lol ..... Ay man .... Y'all just don't be disappointed and start bashing coaches when Citizen don't see the field as much as y'all want him to. Trying to warn y'all now.

My opinion based on info:

Parrish and Knighton have put enough on tape to have defined roles. Parrish is a reliable complementary back who can function in any down and distance. Knighton is the all-purpose weapon they want to get in space.

The staff has not identified a lead, bellcow back. Citizen and Chaney are competing for that spot due to their combination of size and speed. It is a truly level playing field. Franklin is also competing for a role but needs to slim down and increase his speed.

People have forgotten how clearly Chaney had separated himself and was set to be the featured back.

If 100% my money is on him.

That’s saying a lot because Cam is one of the most underappreciated players we had in a while.

People talked **** because he wasn’t Barry Sanders, but the run game collapsed after he went down.

Advertisement
And I 100% guarantee Parrish might get the most touches out of all of them. The fact you left him out is crazy lol

People sleep on him because he is the least explosive. He is the most consistent though.

He will get 5-10 yards regularly and quietly keep us ahead of the chains.

Advertisement
Let's not forget fellas .... I would have a totally different outlook if Citizen was an early enrollee. Dude came during the summer and y'all expect him to just jump over everyone like that? Sheesh. I mean, I would LOVE for him to be THAT great but c'mon ppl. Think like a coach and not a fan for a sec.
I said by years end. Let’s keep this a discussion lol I didn’t say the kid was winning a heisman his freshman year

Citizen will be our starting RB by years end. Let’s discuss…
Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

My opinion based on info:

Parrish and Knighton have put enough on tape to have defined roles. Parrish is a reliable complementary back who can function in any down and distance. Knighton is the all-purpose weapon they want to get in space.

The staff has not identified a lead, bellcow back. Citizen and Chaney are competing for that spot due to their combination of size and speed. It is a truly level playing field. Franklin is also competing for a role but needs to slim down and increase his speed.
I don’t know how people read this and don’t think Citizen can be a starter by years end. Also, see TVDs comments about him today.

Advertisement
I said by years end. Let’s keep this a discussion lol I didn’t say the kid was winning a heisman his freshman year
You're right lol. You did say that. But I still stand with if everyone is healthy.....which obviously is a BIG if.... There's no way a TF is jumping 4......4 rbs with college experience.

People sleep on him because he is the least explosive. He is the most consistent though.

He will get 5-10 yards regularly and quietly keep us ahead of the chains.
Lol exactly man. It's absurd to me how he's not being mentioned. He might legit be our starter to start the season.

We got a lot of B/B+ running backs, if any of them can show that they're elite they will start. No reason it can't be Citizen

Advertisement
I don’t know how people read this and don’t think Citizen can be a starter by years end. Also, see TVDs comments about him today.
Because freshman don’t block well traditionally. No one wants to lose a quarterback because a back can’t pick up the blitz. There’s three/four backs ahead of him with more experience at the college level. Every back in front of him was rated a four star or better. We are literally in the middle of summer workouts and 45 days from game one. We all want every kid here to succeed, but most here will let it play out on the field. TVD didn’t start last year and king was unable to thrown the ball downfield. The kid is a Heisman candidate and projected first rounder this season. All coaches overvalue experience. In a run first offense, it wouldn’t surprise me he begins forth on the depth chart. If he’s the second coming, we’ll all be thrilled!!!!!

Yes... He's getting praise for his size and "killing workouts".... That's cool and I love it!!..... But dawg lol.... Y'all do know there's this thing called a PLAYBOOK that he has to learn right? Y'all do know coaches love RBs that know their blocking assignments right? We have 4 guys with a headstart ahead of him and y'all really think he's going to have everything put together to be the starter over FOUR EXPERIENCED backs by years end??? Oh yeah we definitely gonna be bumping this thread come Dec lol.

I think optimally Chaney/Citizen will be our lead back. Rooster I think will be better as a change of pace/3rd down back, getting lots of catches. I think he got worn down last year as the lead. Parrish will also get carries. Franklin short yardage or grinding out teams in the 4th. I expect us to run 40x per game and pass around 30, so there are carries to go around.
You forget.. This Oline can't run block....

Advertisement
Back