TreVonte Citizen - Year One

Rooster also averages less then 4 ypc which is awful for CFB. He’s electric but he’s not built to run between the tackles. Really only Thad, Chaney, and Citizen are built for power running schemes. I see Citizen getting a lot of snaps
Yeah watching him pound the ball 15 times in between the tackles was hard to watch. But no one else stepped up either

Advertisement
Rooster also averages less then 4 ypc which is awful for CFB. He’s electric but he’s not built to run between the tackles. Really only Thad, Chaney, and Citizen are built for power running schemes. I see Citizen getting a lot of snaps
I believe he'll be used more as a receiving threat this year and that suits his talents better. He's not a RB1. Everyone blames bad blocking but every other running back who played the last two years averaged more ypc than Knighton. If .he's used more as a hybrid receiver/running back, he can make plays.

I believe he'll be used more as a receiving threat this year and that suits his talents better. He's not a RB1. Everyone blames bad blocking but every other running back who played the last two years averaged more ypc than Knighton. If .he's used more as a hybrid receiver/running back, he can make plays.
Rooster and Parrish on those Gattis wheel routes is about to do some work

Advertisement
People have forgotten how clearly Chaney had separated himself and was set to be the featured back.

If 100% my money is on him.
The best ability is availability. Two years and two season ending injuries. I love his game but he’s also less then 5ypc for his career, not like he was setting the world on fire

Let’s discuss and break it down further then listing who is on the roster

I gotcha. Well one of the biggest reasons most freshman don't end up starting is due to their pass blocking. Even though Citizen might be a great power runner we still need to give off the illusion that we'll pass the ball on 1st or 2nd down. The other guys on the roster have displayed that ability. I agree with your other post regarding Rooster not really being a between the tackles runner and he's more of a change of pace guy. Parrish is also there and he's more balanced. Chaney is still a question mark with his injury. Franklin is also there as well for the in between the tackles stuff. Will he take that next step. He looked good in spring. I'm just hesitant to crown freshman without them even putting on pads.

I don’t know if he’ll be the lead back by himself, but I do think it’ll be Chaney Citizen and Rooster all 3 sharing the back field. With him and Chaney sharing most runs and Rooster being a scat back.

Everyone always mentions him only rushing for 4ypc but how can we not mention the AWFUL run blocking. Put rooster behind OSU and I guarantee he would average more than 4 yards

Advertisement
What is it that everyone sees with Chaney that everyone thinks he's this great back? I just haven't seen it "yet" personally. Not trying to be a hater but some of you talk about him like he's a freshman Frank Gore or Duke Johnson.

Chaney is the most talented, this could be the year he stays on the field, I hope. Knighton just had over 800 all purpose yards in 8 games. Parrish is already a starting caliber RB.

And almost everybody here says Citizen is gonna start. Somebody must have told y’all he’s the next Adrian Peterson, bc he’s gonna have to be that talented to take snaps away from all of those guys.

Advertisement
Citizen will be our starting RB by years end. Let’s discuss…
Lol thanks coach. You do realize if you’re right, our quarterback is going to get completely destroyed…. Right? Parish has a better chance of taking reps than a freshman. If Don’s 100% body and mind, we’re in a very good spot. Don is a “Mario” type back fwiw
For those that have forgotten. Don runs a 4.4 40, has a 40 inch very, squats over 500 pounds and has averaged 6.1 yards a carry since he’s been here.

I'm a Belen guy with bias. I want Chaney to be lead back. But he has every bit as much to prove as Citizen.

It's Year 3, he has two runs over 30 yards (none over 40), he's struggled in short yardage, his career numbers are 366 yards (4.6 ypc) and he's been poor in pass protection.

We all know he has size, speed and intelligence. He looked like he was emerging as the man in Spring '21 before the shoulder injury. Citizen is a freak in his own right. They will battle and let the best man win.

Lots of potential in the RB room. While that is exciting we desperately need one of these guys to take their game to the next level and pull the rest of the group along with them.

Advertisement
Parrish
Knighton
Chaney
Thad

...... "IF" everyone stays healthy..... Dude might not even touch the field unless in a major blowout.

Y'all kinda have to stop with these high *** expectations man. Every single one of our backs have college experience and this dude fresh from highschool. It's ok to be realistic sometimes.

Advertisement
Back