Treon Harris on campus

God forbid Treon turn into this:

While at Indiana, Randle El became the first player in NCAA Division I history to pass for 40 career touchdowns and score 40 career rushing touchdowns.[2] In 2001, he was awarded the Chicago Tribune Silver Football, presented by the Chicago Tribune to the Most Valuable Player of the Big Ten Conference. He finished his college career as fifth on the all-time NCAA total yardage list, and became the first player in college football history to record 2,500 total yards for each of four consecutive years. Tallying 7,469 passing yards, 3,895 rushing yards, and 92 touchdowns running and passing for his college career, he finish sixth in the Heisman Trophy voting in his senior season. Randle El ended his college career with a 26-15 win over the Kentucky Wildcats, passing for two touchdowns.[10]

To your point a couple of posts ago.....you're talking about a 9 year pro that played with garbage and played against garbage. Put Deion Sanders on IU's sorry *** team against that sorry *** competition and he might have doubled those stats. LOL.

Kaaya and Olsen are the future at QB.

Dude, go away

I hope he comes here and proves me wrong.

Advertisement
His point was, he can come here and have a great college qb career and still go to the nfl and have a great career at CB or WR or whatever. He can accomplish both goals potentially.

Like Randle El, Like Josh Cribbs, like Brad Smith, and Michael Robinson (who is going to the super bowl tonight on the Seahawks at FB).

His point was, he can come here and have a great college qb career and still go to the nfl and have a great career at CB or WR or whatever. He can accomplish both goals potentially.

Like Randle El, Like Josh Cribbs, like Brad Smith, and Michael Robinson (who is going to the super bowl tonight on the Seahawks at FB).

While this is true, those guys potentially cost themselves a lot of money. They never really became that good to make a big contract. Plus those guys are the exception not the rule. Spending 4 years perfecting his craft at wr or cb would go a heck of a lot further than playing a position that he won't necessarily be suited for in the nfl. You don't think pat white potentially if he played slot or cb his college career he might have a job? What about Denard Robinson? 5th round pick that doesn't know how to play any position. Will probably be out of the league in two years

u fools would have never given johny football a scholarship

Good point. Do you think he has the potential of being as good as him in college? Also, the offense has to be designed to fit his skill set for him to be as effective. If we changed our strategy and now recruiting him as a QB, I have to believe we are willing to adapt to his skill set.

Advertisement
I'm no expert, but I've seen everybody down here. My opinion is that Harris is special.

Even my wife (who I dragged to these HS games) kept telling me when I made my Top 35 list: "Why is this guy over Treon? Why is that guy over Treon?" His talent is obvious to anyone who watched him live.

There is a long list of superstar QBs who were recruited as DBs. There is a long list of superstar DBs who played QB in high school. I am confident Treon will be one or the other.

I'm no expert, but I've seen everybody down here. My opinion is that Harris is special.

Even my wife (who I dragged to these HS games) kept telling me when I made my Top 35 list: "Why is this guy over Treon? Why is that guy over Treon?" His talent is obvious to anyone who watched him live.

There is a long list of superstar QBs who were recruited as DBs. There is a long list of superstar DBs who played QB in high school. I am confident Treon will be one or the other.

The only question that matters to me in all of this is "is he better than Brad Kaaya." To me, it's a no. I don't think Treon will beat out BK, but I think he is a great football player and can play other positions. Will Treon wait long enough for Brad to move on or will he switch positions? I would love for you, Pete, or other writers/mods to give their answer. Straight up: Who is a better quarterback prospect, Brad or Treon? Only one QB can play at a time and they are in the same class.

The only question that matters to me in all of this is "is he better than Brad Kaaya." To me, it's a no. I don't think Treon will beat out BK, but I think he is a great football player and can play other positions. Will Treon wait long enough for Brad to move on or will he switch positions? I would love for you, Pete, or other writers/mods to give their answer. Straight up: Who is a better quarterback prospect, Brad or Treon? Only one QB can play at a time and they are in the same class.

The answer is we won't know unless they are competing on Greentree. My opinion at this point is that I like Kaaya better than any other QB I've watched this year. But I'd rather sign both and let them compete.

Advertisement

Violation

Pretty sure Bernie and Vinny were in the same class, as were Covington and Clement.

The answer is we won't know unless they are competing on Greentree. My opinion at this point is that I like Kaaya better than any other QB I've watched this year. But I'd rather sign both and let them compete.

I'd rather sign them both, too, but you and I both know that quarterback recruiting is a little bit different. It's one thing to sign big time quarterbacks in back to back classes, but it's a lot more tricky to sign two studs in the same class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back