Treon Harris on campus

No we're not on Treon because of FSU. His body of work speaks for itself. Treon is an elite athlete and just led his high school team to a mythical national title. I give zero f*cks what the holes are doing in recruiting him or not.

Not for nothing, but If Treon is the Qb of the future, why is FSU letting him come down here without a fight? He's been visiting other places, rumors flying about him "thinking" and "trying to decide", and yet you really dont hear much about the FSU staff swamping the kid and trying to lock him down the way other staffs are. The Bama staff supposedly going at Bo this morning, LSU staff actually taking OVs with kids to Cali, LSU staff camped out several times this week at TVs house.

I just dont get the feeling that FSU is really stressing too much over losing Treon.

Maybe they offered him to get in with the other south florida recruits.

That's kind of the feeling Im getting. And once they did, they stopped showing him the love. I think he and Ice picked up on it and started looking around. What concerns me is, EVERYONE jumped on the Treon/QB bandwagon because of FSU. Before that, neither UF nor our staff felt he was going to be a QB at the next level. Everyone sort of came around late in the game, and I suspect it may have been as much local politics as anything else. Honestly, if Treon wasnt from Miami, I dont see us offering him at Qb, not with as long as they held out.

I will be happy if we get him, as he's a talented kid, and we can use talent. But Im not without concern over any potential QB controversies here. Im also a bit concerned on wether Kaaya knows we are still this hard after Treon, and what effect it could have on him. IMO, Kaaya is the "Franchise" in this class. I just dont want any nasty surprises.

Gray Crow was a body we took because we needed bodies and Shannon left us high and dry. Let's not act like Crow was some kid was at the top of our list. He was clearly a project but had the measurables.

I agree Treon should be a take, he's a great athlete. But it's not without some concern over the QB issue. We don't run a read option at UM. How the **** are we going to teach a kid who is 5'10-5'11 to sit in the pocket behind an OL that is going to average at least 6'5. And his arm isn't very strong either.

Kid is a great athlete but there is a reason many programs were very hesitant to offer him at QB and there is a reason FSU doesn't seem like its losing a lot of sleep with him looking around.

Crow was a 2012 commit... We accepted his commitment early that cycle... Like before his senior season started... Him and Preston Dewey were priorities for this staff... I remember everyone saying that Crow was a stud because Weiss was interested in as a 9th grader... And then there were a few who said he was a manager on a great team... Preston was a rs-senior in high school and Crow was a manager... I still like Crow but he wasn't a body project... We got him early and wasn't because Shannon left us high and dry...

It's not that hard to modify the offense a bit for Treon... Most of our offense is run out of a spread formation so adding the read option shouldn't be hard... I mean Urban Meyer did it through our his tenure... Omar Jacobs at Bowling Green and Chris Leak at UF was probably the best passing qbs Urban ever coached. Although they were athletic the were pocket passers and the offense was tailored to their strengths... Then he had players like Alex Smith, Tim Tebow and now Braxton Miller and the offense became a read option... And to be fair those offenses was ran differently...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Treon Harris ‏@t5_harris 12m
trolling hard..

FIFY

Would love if he did flip but I think it was probably too little too late. What could have been. And I'm hoping I'm wrong. He'll be a great db (cough) i mean qb wherever he goes

Advertisement
Lulz at most of you saying what I've been screaming for a yr now.

How the **** do you extend a scholarship to Gray Crow and not even offer Treon as a QB.

This class could of looked completely different with him recruiting for us
Yep.

This kid better go to another school if he wants to play QB. If he wants to go to the league.....come to UM and play DB like his older brother. I hope the staff delivered the same message.

This kid better go to another school if he wants to play QB. If he wants to go to the league.....come to UM and play DB like his older brother. I hope the staff delivered the same message.

Well, if you want him at UM you better hope that's not the message they delivered. Deserves a legit shot at QB.

We let AJ Highsmith play QB. Give Treon his well-deserved shot. Nothing wrong with having a change of pace type QB who has the respect of a lot of local players, wins and is an elite athlete. In a year or two if he will be more informed and make the decision to switch if he likes.

Advertisement

Well, if you want him at UM you better hope that's not the message they delivered. Deserves a legit shot at QB.

F that. This kid has no shot at playing QB in the league. He knows it himself. The staff should have stuck to their guns and not offered him at QB. That's why Golden will never be an upper echelon type of coach. Basically gave in to the pressure down there. Should've stayed honest with the initial assessment......it was correct.

F that. This kid has no shot at playing QB in the league. He knows it himself. The staff should have stuck to their guns and not offered him at QB. That's why Golden will never be an upper echelon type of coach. Basically gave in to the pressure down there. Should've stayed honest with the initial assessment......it was correct.

The league? Who gives a **** about the league? Dorsey didn't do jack **** in the league. Neither did Torretta. I'm worried about the Miami Hurricanes and the sort of talent, leadership and local connects a stud athlete like Treon Harris brings to the team.

DA****OUTTAHERE with the league.

Advertisement

The league? Who gives a **** about the league? Dorsey didn't do jack **** in the league. Neither did Torretta. I'm worried about the Miami Hurricanes and the sort of talent, leadership and local connects a stud athlete like Treon Harris brings to the team.

Holy ****!

The league.

You my friend are some kind of stupid. Who gives a sh*t about the league????? How about an 18 year old kid that would be set for life if he made the league as a DB like his brother! You think Dorsey or Toretta could play DB in the league?!?!?! You are a stupid ***

He's not a slot receiver. CB

Even better.

What rustles my jimmies is we could have this kid recruiting for us for almost the entire cycle.

did he recruit anyone for fsu?

I'm not sure. You'd have to ask the people that know. Who knows how long he's been waffling on FSU. But from all accounts, he would have been here from day 1 if offered as a QB, his brothers went here, we are the hometown school and he would have had a couple of teammates in this class and Walton coming up. It would have been a very "good look."

Advertisement
Back