Trayone Gray's coach on grades

Advertisement
Pete can you elaborate more on why you think he is a rb and not a wr or safety

Not Pete, but we need a big back in the worst way. This kinda deflects some of the pain from missing on Collins, Cook and Sony. The kid is electric with the ball in his hands, but if you watch the highlights he doesnt seem like he has ability to high point the ball as a WR. He could work out at safety but if you have the option of one or the other, I will always want a player with his skillset with the ball in his hands.

Advertisement
Reminds me of Peter Warrick who........ was also a qb in high school. This guy is a big play waiting to happen everytime he touches the ball.

Advertisement
I'm no expert but I've said all along I think he would kill it at RB. Man I hope he gets in. Kid has worked for it. Just get him on the field!

Advertisement
His senior highlights are nasty i see WR tho.... he doesn't lower his shoulder or nothing like that so idk where power back is coming from http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3522789/highlights/107694377

That's kind of what I saw on his video, which made me wonder if he's really that good at that position. Maybe a little bit of the Gus problem, very upright. Maybe he could learn to be a RB but maybe he's better outside in space.

Advertisement
Y'all who get on people for the comparisons are ghey. Dude didn't say he'd be a NFL Pro Bowler or Hall of Famer, simply said he has abilities similar to Peter Warrick. He didn't say he was going to shatter Warricks numbers or anything.

Ain't nobody gonna say a hyped up recruit of ours is the next Ethenic Sands, Ryan Moore or Darnell Jenkins.

It's not that I don't see him as a WR. I like him more as a runner. I see a great athlete at WR in the highlight film. I see him as a star RB. What I don't see in him is Stacey Coley at wide receiver. Coley's film is a WR highlight film. Jmo. I think he would be a good receiver too. Bottom line I hope this plays out that in July/August we are arguing where he should play. Great problem to have.

I think he's more Boldin but if he comes and is as great as Warrick............... we'll have a 1st round pick on our hands

Advertisement
Back