Trayone Gray's coach on grades

Advertisement
The NFL HOF comparisons are hilarious. But he's pretty **** good. Someone else mentioned Denard. I think that's the talent level we're talking.

Advertisement
If denard came here and played WR he would be a day 1 draft prospect

I disagree... I think he would have been average at best... His skills were utilized more at Michigan where they just allowed him to play... He played qb in college to make it as a rb in the NFL... He's a great athlete and that is what attributed to his success... There are too many question marks to say he would have impacted the game at any other position...

I disagree... I think he would have been average at best... His skills were utilized more at Michigan where they just allowed him to play... He played qb in college to make it as a rb in the NFL... He's a great athlete and that is what attributed to his success... There are too many question marks to say he would have impacted the game at any other position...

Maybe, but we still would have been better with him. And I think Turner gives us some great weapons to work with. He can carry the rock, become a receiver on play action, even take a direct snap from center. And again, Turner likes the middle. We need guys that aren't afraid of the scrum. Turner will get us the hard yards when we need them the most.

Gray played WR as a junior with a quality quarterback (Akeem Jones) and he didn't do much. His production has come from running with the football.

People make the Boldin comparison based on their size and strength, but Boldin is elite in terms of hands and ball skills. Gray hasn't shown that yet. He's faster than Boldin, though.

As a freshman, I like him on kickoff return, at RB and possibly as a Wildcat quarterback. I'm a fan of QB runs in short-yardage and deep red zone situations.

Advertisement
Gray played WR as a junior with a quality quarterback (Akeem Jones) and he didn't do much. His production has come from running with the football.

People make the Boldin comparison based on their size and strength, but Boldin is elite in terms of hands and ball skills. Gray hasn't shown that yet. He's faster than Boldin, though.

As a freshman, I like him on kickoff return, at RB and possibly as a Wildcat quarterback. I'm a fan of QB runs in short-yardage and deep red zone situations.

I say Boldin as far as style but not at wr. Boldin runs like a rb when he gets catches and Trayone is the same so in a sense I think that can make it work if he's used there but I predict rb all day

out of curiosity did Akeem Jones end up at any school? I know there was some controversy with syracuse but does anyone know if he ended up anywhere?

out of curiosity did Akeem Jones end up at any school? I know there was some controversy with syracuse but does anyone know if he ended up anywhere?

Garden City CC

Advertisement
Somebody on TOS is reporting he is in. Assuming that is related to the talk on this site. Not getting my hopes up.

Maybe, but we still would have been better with him. And I think Turner gives us some great weapons to work with. He can carry the rock, become a receiver on play action, even take a direct snap from center. And again, Turner likes the middle. We need guys that aren't afraid of the scrum. Turner will get us the hard yards when we need them the most.

Oh no doubt... We would have been better with him...

Advertisement
322.gif

Gray has very good speed for his size but perhaps his best talent is his is field vision, he knows where he's and what the best route is. I truly believe had Gray been rated as a running back he'd be a 4 perhaps 5 star talent. Pray he qualifies.

Put the ball in his hands and let him do work.

The Boldin comparison might be a little much. A very trusted friend of mine, been in the scene for over 30 years, holds that Boldin's dominance at the HS level was second only to SeanT. I like to see Grey as a faster version of Jason Geathers. Similar body types/skill set. Let's see how his game translates to college.

Side note:
Love Akeem Jones. Great kid.

Advertisement
Back