Trayone Gray's coach on grades

With all due respect Pete, unless you saw his grades and test scores etc, and know exactly what admissions want from the kid to qualify, all you know is hearsay and second hand information. Most of this is confidential. Also, there is the factor of AG seeking some waivers for a kid or two in the class who he thinks is a must get.
Bottom line is, nobody knows but AG, the kid and his family and maybe his HC.

Advertisement
I still dont understand why he wasnt recruited heavily, this kid is the real deal. He is very fast in pads and I had the chance to watch him in person and I was impressed. Legit 4.5 40 kid.

I still dont understand why he wasnt recruited heavily, this kid is the real deal. He is very fast in pads and I had the chance to watch him in person and I was impressed. Legit 4.5 40 kid.

It seems as though he will go the way of Derrick Griffin. Cant qualify so why waste a spot on someone who may not make it.

Advertisement
Heard we are trying to get him in using the same circumstances as Frank Gore. From a pretty reliable source.......

Advertisement

It seems as though he will go the way of Derrick Griffin. Cant qualify so why waste a spot on someone who may not make it.

If he doesn't make it, he doesn't use up any spot. If he can make it in later, then you have the inside track to land him. Win/win.

Advertisement
With all due respect Pete, unless you saw his grades and test scores etc, and know exactly what admissions want from the kid to qualify, all you know is hearsay and second hand information. Most of this is confidential. Also, there is the factor of AG seeking some waivers for a kid or two in the class who he thinks is a must get.

someone asked a question and he gave his opinion...and there are alot of opinions on this message board (most uneducated, at least Pete's has some rational reasoning).

Why would they pull the scholarship?

They have nothing to lose by waiting.

i would hope we would use the scholarship as incentive to get the work done needed to qualify.

Maybe "pulling the scholarship" was the incentive. Maybe the staff tried to motivate him by telling him that if he didn't work harder in the classroom, there would be no ship. That could definitely motivate some kids.

someone asked a question and he gave his opinion...and there are alot of opinions on this message board (most uneducated, at least Pete's has some rational reasoning).

He didn't provide any.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I guess he'd be interesting at RB in a Karlos Williams kinda way. I'd be more interested in using him as a slash. A plus sized Percy Harvin out of the slot. Looks like the type of player who'd be outrageous in bubble screens and jet sweeps.

I guess he'd be interesting at RB in a Karlos Williams kinda way. I'd be more interested in using him as a slash. A plus sized Percy Harvin out of the slot. Looks like the type of player who'd be outrageous in bubble screens and jet sweeps.

Yes!! He's one of the special kids that just needs the ball, any way to get him touches . TG in space is devastating .

So his coach was right about him getting in so far, we'll have to see about the position part.

Advertisement
Back