Transfer Antonio Moultrie commits to the U

not sure why people get wrapped up in the 3-4 or 4-3 talk.. you watch games and see 6 on the line with an LB on the line right at the hike... or 7 on the line and 4 dropping on the hike.
Neither one of those matters as it seems like a 4-2-5 is what's coming...
Fun Falling GIF

Advertisement
I think Pyburns gonna choose Auburn. He took a whole-weekend OV to them, then a one day unofficial here, then the whole next weekend he took his family to Auburn on an unofficial. I know this is just speculation based off of that. But those actions are sure as **** not a positive for us.

I think people are not considering the reason he took the second trip back to Auburn was after they just announced their DC was leaving.

Advertisement
These are not quotes from the kid or anyone else, but the CS article contained the following sentence that were written by the author fwiw:

"He's a Miami Hurricane, and he will enroll for this semester and participate in spring practice and compete at defensive tackle."

and...

"Moultrie will be used on the interior where he can help an area that doesn't have a lot of depth."
Yea I'm going to believe JayCane20 over CaneSport

DC has to be coming soon - he had other options and wanted to know how he was going to be utilized. I know it's been said but just further proves that we're going to be a 4 man front. He wasn't going to play edge again because it's not his best position and he's too small (at his best weight) for 3 down DE.

Good player
Yea it’s going to be a 4-2-5. That’s known

not sure why people get wrapped up in the 3-4 or 4-3 talk.. you watch games and see 6 on the line with an LB on the line right at the hike... or 7 on the line and 4 dropping on the hike.

Agreed.

At the end of the day, the relevant issue is how many DLs you have on the roster, and how many LBs. You can obviously move some of those guys around, stand them up, put a hand in the dirt, but just follow the commits. And the roster numbers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

What I took from the clips is he doesn't give up on plays. Looks to be a pretty good tackler. Lastly he smells out plays so that tells me he has good instincts. I heard at the begging of the high lights it said he played db in high school so that tells me hes probably a pretty good student of the game. Not great but not bad either. We need more bodies and I think he will contribute to the defense.

Lol man I'm an Auburn Alumnus, so it's always interesting and sometimes down right entertaining reading how some of the guys view Auburn.
Auburn is a great school. Lots of Atlanta kids go to Auburn, and I know quite a few Auburn engineers.
My point was simply between city v country. And city kids will feel more comfortable at Miami, and country kids would feel more comfortable at Auburn.
Auburn is hardly the most country school in the US. But simply as a point of comparison between Auburn and Miami, if a kid likes country music and pick up trucks, he’s more Auburn than Miami. IMO.

Advertisement
Back