Transfer Antonio Moultrie commits to the U

Advertisement
Solid get and glad he's a cane! So we've added two serviceable defensive lineman and two ballyhooed south florida playmakers via the portal. Everyone up in arms about not getting the **** names or certain guys but this is a solid start. Keep in mind it's only January, lots of names will pop into the portal after winter conditioning and spring ball.

Not challenging you, but curious: what other programs wanted him?
Early on.. Texas, Florida, FSU, Pitt, Virginia, VT, South Carolina, and Auburn

Auburn backed off after they got a few commits on DL but I think that's where he really wanted to go from the jump of entering the portal

I think he ended up only considering Miami and Florida - Someone told me he committed to Miami on his visit and then secretly visited UF the next weekend (14th). He briefly put it on his IG story and took it down in Gainesville.

Early on.. Texas, Florida, FSU, Pitt, Virginia, VT, South Carolina, and Auburn

Auburn backed off after they got a few commits on DL but I think that's where he really wanted to go from the jump of entering the portal

I think he ended up only considering Miami and Florida - Someone told me he committed to Miami on his visit and then secretly visited UF the next weekend (14th). He briefly put it on his IG story and took it down in Gainesville.
Appreciate the info. Solid pickup and like you said, hopefully a good omen for a DC announcement soon.

Advertisement
So what's his best position? Where can we use him?
Definitely a DE in a 4 man front. If we played a 3 man front still a DE but he wants to stay in the 265 pound range so he'd be undersized for that

Crazy that he went from being a 290 pound 3 tech (pretty good one too) to a 265 pound guy playing stand up edge rusher and getting out into the flats and stuff a year later.

He wants to be hand in the ground on the end.

Last edited:
It's been over a week since I was told it was Belk. He's the only one that makes any sense to me based on what I've heard and what Mario keeps telling players...

If it's not him it's going to be someone I haven't heard yet
Took about a week/week and a half from the moment Kevin Smith was mentioned as the guy to him announcing his departure from Ole Miss, right?

Maybe that's how long it takes to process the HR stuff that makes it 'safe' for you to resign from your previous job?

Advertisement
Definitely a DE in a 4 man front. If we played a 3 man front still a DE but he wants to stay in the 265 pound range so he'd be undersized for that

Crazy that he went from being a 290 pound 3 tech (pretty good one too) to a 265 pound guy playing stand up edge rusher and getting out into the flats and stuff a year later.

Agree

Took about a week/week and a half from the moment Kevin Smith was mentioned as the guy to him announcing his departure from Ole Miss, right?

Maybe that's how long it takes to process the HR stuff that makes it 'safe' for you to resign from your previous job?
That's true but even Smith leaked before then - that's the tough part to gauge is there's no leaks

Miami has been said to be slow internally in the past.. but even all of their releases say "pending background check"

Advertisement

He’s shown he’s willing to do what’s best for his team

Advertisement
It's magical...only on CIS can some of our posters slate the same kid for LB, DT, and DE.

Doesn't matter, I trust @Cribby and @JayCane20 and @SWFLHurricane and @Brooklyndee and @Liberty City El and @gogeta4 and @Coach Macho . Everyone else pays cash.

At this kid's size, he likely plays on the line and other (not yet disclosed) guys will come in at LB.
F5D52E76-8A16-4854-B17D-44C27234A631.jpeg

Solid get and glad he's a cane! So we've added two serviceable defensive lineman and two ballyhooed south florida playmakers via the portal. Everyone up in arms about not getting the **** names or certain guys but this is a solid start. Keep in mind it's only January, lots of names will pop into the portal after winter conditioning and spring ball.
Considering how we thought this recruiting cycle would turn out and what he’s been able to do in a short amount of time and with cards stacked against him, this turnabout is nothing short of amazing. If you’re still doubting that The Loverboy won’t turn this ship around, you’re a Lon type cane fan. And before you ask...👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿

I’m a hip hop head until I die. It’s my religion. Loverboy = “You the type dude that will marry your lover, to the end of the earth for her, like Mario brothers” Super Mario has always been the consummate Loverboy so, Loverboy=Mario.

Advertisement
Back