Transfer Antonio Moultrie commits to the U

I think Pyburns gonna choose Auburn. He took a whole-weekend OV to them, then a one day unofficial here, then the whole next weekend he took his family to Auburn on an unofficial. I know this is just speculation based off of that. But those actions are sure as **** not a positive for us.
Auburn does a good job selling the whole package. They make a compelling pitch.

Advertisement
A 265 lbs 2-star DT?

Not sold. Why did UAB move him from DT? I don’t know about this pickup, seems like there are better players out there

Advertisement
He has time to bulk up. He dropped weight this past season.

Wasnt he an all-conference player as DT?

Update: He was. I checked back. They wanted to move him around to EDGE to improve that position.
I tried to find UAB highlight film on him as a DT and could not. All I found was some when he was a DT (290#) at a CC (before UAB) and then I watched the BYU bowl game this year where he played as a DE. He looks and moves much better at 265. The BYU games was one of his "better" games. I thought he was ok. He is not going to be a game changer, just a rotational guy. It was pretty impressive he was able to go from 290 to 265 (maybe a workout fanatic). He is tall and tends to get pushed around in the middle. I'm not sure what Feld can do with him in the spring and over the summer. I believe he needs more lower body strength. He is disruptive pushing up the field and does have a large wingspan that helps him corral runners and QB's. Seems to play is little more as a weakside DE. I'm curious what others with more expertise looking at film think.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It's been over a week since I was told it was Belk. He's the only one that makes any sense to me based on what I've heard and what Mario keeps telling players...

If it's not him it's going to be someone I haven't heard yet
I just see the benefit of withholding DC/OC hires

Other posters in this thread have said he is playing DE here

These are not quotes from the kid or anyone else, but the CS article contained the following sentence that were written by the author fwiw:

"He's a Miami Hurricane, and he will enroll for this semester and participate in spring practice and compete at defensive tackle."

and...

"Moultrie will be used on the interior where he can help an area that doesn't have a lot of depth."

I think all the "3-4 Bros" have chosen not to listen that we are going to be base 4-3 with multiple capabilities.
not sure why people get wrapped up in the 3-4 or 4-3 talk.. you watch games and see 6 on the line with an LB on the line right at the hike... or 7 on the line and 4 dropping on the hike.

Advertisement
Back