Trajan Bandy needs to move to Safety for our defense to work this season

Advertisement
Secondary has been awful but I expect improvement as the season goes on. Too much talent for things not to click eventually. It just sucks that our best and most experienced guy not only gave up a big play but he looked like he didn't belong on the field all game. I know he missed practice with an illness last week but Bandy did not look like he belonged out there on Saturday. He should have been pulled.

I expect nothing less from you. This is why everyone on this board makes fun of you.

33B40169-20A9-4102-917E-DFCD9DA26CCD.gif

Unfortunately, the NCAA has Bolden in JAIL. Albeit metaphorically speaking. And it's anybody's guess when he'll receive the get out of jail card. LOL
I saw a tweet from Bolden's mother that was posted on a Canes Fans Facebook page. She was saying that the NCAA claimed that their rules state that Bubba has to sit for one full year from the date he left USC, and therefore he's not eligible to play until the VTech game....which is absolute BS. He should be allowed to play already.

Advertisement
How about Frierson at safety and in obvious passing situations take 55 off the field. He’s not fast enough in coverage. Take out Finley put in Couch. Once again Knowles shows up for the other team.....td.....smh

Advertisement
I think it would help to play Bandy at Nickel/striker some and keep the coverages simple on the back end.

If we are gonna blitz, make it Shaq or Pink rushing and leave the dbs in coverage.

If we insist on using 3 man rush and spying, run some man 2 press and the Ben Tampa 2. We smothered UVA in 2017 with Tampa 2 zone press and it has bothered me that we don’t run a variation of it more.

It looked like Bandy got beat playing too aggressive on cover 1 and the safety didn’t get deep off the snap. If it was cover 0, that makes it worse. You have to be more careful with no safety help. Jumping routes is a bad idea. Just stay in his hip pocket and break it up.

I don’t mind bump and run with safety help, but you don’t have to jam to play man.

We have to stop blitzing teams that use three step drop. It was a big problem Manny’s first year here.

It is no surprise to me that our lbs were best when the defense was simpler. We are getting too cute. Dialing it back and letting them play more and think less will probably get us back to playing better d.

We miss the penetrating 3 tech we have had in recent years. Still, with more discipline and aggression on the line, and a mix of simple base coverages, I see the defense performing more like we are used to.

Go back and look at the 2017 season. The secondary struggled a few games before they start putting it together. People were shîtting on jaquan and calling him overrated and he ended up a all-american the same year.

The common factor was lack of experince. Redwine just moved from corner, jaquan was getting his first real snaps at safety, jackson hadn't played much, young was a soph, bandy a frosh, delaney was a transfer from citadel, and dean a juco corner who wasn't ready.

Now its hall who is a soph who didn't play much as a frosh, ivey and blades the same as hall, carter getting the most pt he has ever got. I think they will be better.
You're right. I remember Redwine being torched on here. Then when the smoke cleared the NFL felt he was are most draftable player...

What about this scenario? Just for kicks.
Eliminate the striker and use a nickel instead.
Have Bandy play closer to the LOS and shift Finley back to his original position.
Go back to playing a 4-3 with McCloud at SLB when teams use 12 or 21 personnel.

CB Blades
CB Ivey
NB Bandy
SS Finley
FS Carter

Bench: Keontra, Hall, Knowles, Couch, Williams
Whoa, rok...
I'm feeling it. 👊

Advertisement
Why did he get banned
He pushed the envelope with the mods. I'm not saying it wasn't deserved but I feel he has payed his dues. He's a young cat and we've all made immature mistakes. I believe experience is the best teacher...

Advertisement
He pushed the envelope with the mods. I'm not saying it wasn't deserved but I feel he has payed his dues. He's a young cat and we've all made immature mistakes. I believe experience is the best teacher...

He was funny and entertaining during the off season, *** **** don’t bother me. It’s actually amusing , he just went a tad overboard with it

Hall is a liability. Been here since spring 2018 but still not confident and a step slow.

Allowed the 4th & 17 and the winning TD. He's not ready.
He will never get ready by riding the bench. And carter blew a coverage vs uf and gave up a big play. He need to ride the bench too?

Like i said people were killing jaqaun and redwine early in the 2017 season too.

Advertisement
Back