Trajan Bandy needs to move to Safety for our defense to work this season

told them boys Ivey was slow man, theres a reason SEC heads aint push hard for him. Bandy to safety though nah they left him on an island with cover 0 with no pass rush

Advertisement
No, he had a bad game, I think last year BC game he had a bad game also. It’s behind him now let’s see how he responds. That kid has dog in him which is probably why he’s 5’9 and a starting corner for UofM. He will be ok.

Trajan got beat on a double move for 60 yards and suppose to be veteran of the bunch. You think he the answer. Coaches got to stop blitzing the house on 4 & 17 when it's an obvious passing down.

Hindsight is 20/20. If we rushed 3 and dropped 8, fans would be yelling, “why didn’t we apply pressure?”.

On a true freshman QB, I have no issue with the blitz, I just wouldn’t have delayed it. I would’ve stuck the blitzer up at the LOS prior to the snap, so the QB knew prior to the snap, **** I better get this ball off quick.

told them boys Ivey was slow man, theres a reason SEC heads aint push hard for him. Bandy to safety though nah they left him on an island with cover 0 with no pass rush

You don’t cover 0 or zone blitz the three step drop.

It’s why scrubs lit this defense up and looked like Tom Brady before.

Too often it seems like we make calls based on what the coordinators want to do instead of what is actually going on in the game.

We get burned every time.

Advertisement
Is he really that slow or is he playing like he’s been smoking?

Because Gurvan Hall ain’t ready and Robert Knowles is about as slow as Ivey.

Thoughts?
Lmao y’all see what I’m talking about ? Lol y’all don’t know nothing. Just a bunch of old heads or ppl who think real football is like Madden.

Hindsight is 20/20. If we rushed 3 and dropped 8, fans would be yelling, “why didn’t we apply pressure?”.

On a true freshman QB, I have no issue with the blitz, I just wouldn’t have delayed it. I would’ve stuck the blitzer up at the LOS prior to the snap, so the QB knew prior to the snap, **** I better get this ball off quick.

Sometimes our blitzes are late and/or not well designed or executed.

What's the point of blitzing Frierson from 22 yards away on 4th and 17? If anything, blitz right up in Howell's face to panic the kid. You don't run a safety/striker from across the **** field. On top of that, Pinckney loops around the entire LOS, so he's even later than Frierson, Patchan runs a terribly executed stunt with the DT (wtf....why?) and Garvin pinches in, completely eliminating his speed advantage. Plus Bandy is inside the slot receiver by several yards in complete chase mode, which makes ZERO sense, so now the safety (Gurvan) over the top is forced to cover the slot. The end results is our 2 DEs standing side by side in front of the center while everyone else chases the QB. Really guys? Really? You want Patchan and Neo to NOT rush on 4th and 17?

Rewind. All 3 DBS should lined up over the WRs, shaded slightly inside to force everything out. They can be press or off, it doesn't really matter. The safeties should be split 12-15 deep to keep everything in front of them. I would blitz but i wouldn't bring Frierson from 22 yards away (think about that, 22 yards meaning even if he runs a 4.5 40, it will take him over 2 sec to get there without a blocker in his path). I would shade the nose to the A gap (left side - in Howell's face to make it difficult to see and throw over), put 1 LB over the center and the other between the guard and tackle on the left to overload that side. Now it's 4 rushers against 3 OL and 1 RB. Frierson plays centerfield behind that mess.

Our alignment and execution made zero sense.....absolutely zero for that down, distance and time of the game.

Attachments

• 4th and 17.png
    4th and 17.png
    928.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 4th and 17 pt2.png
    4th and 17 pt2.png
    820.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 4th and 17 pt3.png
    4th and 17 pt3.png
    747.7 KB · Views: 15
Advertisement
Lmao y’all see what I’m talking about ? Lol y’all don’t know nothing. Just a bunch of old heads or ppl who think real football is like Madden.

lol no I don’t see what r u talking about? CBs have been transitioning to safety for decades. As far as undersized dbs with his physicality goes, Lamarcus Joyner, Tyrann Mathieu, Ricardo Allen have played both cb and safety. Anybody with a slight eye for talent can see that Trajan Bandy fits in that mold.

They get beat but for 60 yards and suppose to be leader of secondary. The entire secondary need to improve. Trying to weed guys out clearly not the answer. You must not understand personnel and down and disntance

If you ask me, the problem stemmed from ivey starting over Blades, i dont understand tgat move, the way Blades played against the gaytors, against the run and pass, no way im pulling him out the starting lineup. Seems like bandy was out their playing banged up tho, but it was already known mac brown and crew were going to test em, he just played bad technique on that bomb, should've closed the space on em. Secondary wise, that's to be expected right now, but we'll start growing and learning, the next recruiting class will help to build secondary depth that was off, and with Bethel and smith rolling out, our young guys will be gaining more experience.

Advertisement
Add to our youth and inexperience the fact that Stacy Searles was sitting in that planning room with Mack Brown and co. sharing everything he knows about the strength/weaknesses of the players and scheme...

Hall is a liability. Been here since spring 2018 but still not confident and a step slow.

Allowed the 4th & 17 and the winning TD. He's not ready.

That 4th & 17 was on Bandy, he has the slot receiver man to man & stayed inside for some reason (where ALL the help over the top was). It was man to man with a cover 2 over the top. Bandy just had a bad game, it happens.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back