Torrence Gibson ...

Not sure why Canes can't get that. SMH How long does it take to make a telephone call, send a text, or hit someone up on Facebook?

Amazing how Auburn, Ohio St, and every other elite program can still finish their class while also recruiting Gibson.

Advertisement
A player is disappointed because we are no longer showing him some love when we are trying to get the kids that can play for us next season, to get with us now? Sorry, but that sounds like a needy child, who isn't getting the amount of attention he wants.

LMAO are you serious? It's called recruiting. Every recruit needs/wants attention. Especially the big ones.

I can guarantee you UF, FSU, LSU, etc have no problem giving him the attention he wants.

If coaches have a problem with giving a recruit the attention they want then they shouldn't be in this profession. It's apart of their job description to give need recruits attention.

i am sure they don't have a problem. there is only so much attention to go around and the coaches are pounding the trail hard now locking up the 2014 class.

So are we the only school that is bringing in a class in 2014 or nah?

Cuz the only way this excuse is valid is if all these other schools going after Gibson are done with the 2014 class

It didn't say if we we're the only ones doing this to him or not. He just said Miami hasn't contacted him in awhile. I am still waiting for a copy and pasta of the interview from someone. But it could be that some schools only have a few kids left for recruiting and are already working on next years class. We arn't one of those seeing as this looks to be a make or break year for the staff they might want to focus on nothing but this upcoming season.

The funny thing is nobody still has read the **** interview smh. Its crazy the kid can say what he does and everybody believes it but barely anybody can believe that the kid may be an attention ***** so now everybody seems to know what contact UM has had "recently" with a kid who not just named UM in his "top 4 less then a month ago but has been recruiting for the past 4 years now wow

The funny thing is nobody still has read the **** interview smh. Its crazy the kid can say what he does and everybody believes it but barely anybody can believe that the kid may be an attention ***** so now everybody seems to know what contact UM has had "recently" with a kid who not just named UM in his "top 4 less then a month ago but has been recruiting for the past 4 years now wow

I don't believe anything anyone says anymore in regards to recruiting.

Advertisement
The Recruiting Board.

Putting the words of a teenager on a pedestal since 2011.

Why not? They act like kids because we treat them as if they are. They arn't going to be kids anymore. They are deciding where to further their education and future, not if Under Armour or Adidas look better, put the responsibility on the shoulders it belongs on, theirs. If we can do the same for a 30-40 year old men, why not a person who is soon going to have to make a life of his own.

I'm convinced this board is full of complete idiots.

We have one of the top kids in the country in our backyard and he's upset because he's not hearing from Miami. If anything, that is a good sign. It means he's interested.

The alternative would be him not even giving a **** that Miami isn't calling. Would that make you all feel better if he said he couldn't care less that Miami isn't calling him?

Bunch of morons on here. Getting labeled a diva because you are disappointed with not hearing from your hometown school that you're interested in yet all these other schools around the country can find time to hit you up. Y'all are pathetic.

Can you copy and paste the interview please if you can. I have only asked twice. :(

Are people really this thick? He is a QB, there is not " we got a whole year to recruit bullshhh". They usually commit before their SR year. The staff is ****ing away this just like they did with Treon, these are the kids we need to get and stop picking left overs from Alabama. Jeez, just the pull alone in the area is worth recruiting him. This continues to get worst. Stop with the **** excuses

Advertisement
Bunch of grown *** men losing their ****ing minds over a KID. We're gonna have plenty of time to recruit this kid. He is after all, a 2015 kid. Stop being little ****ing babies and taking the words of a teenager so seriously. You all look pathetic.

Says the dude posting on a recruiting board. I love the stern voice of reason and condemnation from a dude who obviously cares about the same **** the rest of us do, or he'd be doing something else on a Saturday afternoon.

I'm not the one losing my **** about it though, am I?

The **** interview

- “They said I’m their top quarterback,” Gibson told 247Sports’ Ryan Bartow when talking about Florida. “I’m number one on their leader board.

“I like the new coordinator [Kurt Roper]. He runs the spread offense, which I love and I can’t wait to go up to Gainesville.”

- Friday the Buckeyes sent offensive coordinator Tom Herman by American Heritage.

“They brought the offensive coordinator. He couldn’t talk to me, he just came through. He’s a great coach, a great guy to be around and Urban Meyer is a great offensive coach.”
Oh and the offensive coordinator visited the school but somehow didn't have time for him but he couldn't mention that

- “Tennessee fans are going crazy on Twitter,” Gibson said laughing. “Coach Zach [Azzanni] has been recruiting me, he’s a great guy. We just talk about not even football, just life.
Wow, Tennessee fans who are known to **** ride on twitter showing a kid crazy love but noooooooooooo he doesn't love people kissing his ***

- “It’s been a while,” since he heard from the Hurricanes coaching staff.

“Disappointing,” Gibson said of the lack of contact. “You’ve been recruiting me since the eighth grade and now you’re letting it slip away when it counts the most – disappointing.”
Yet, UM is in his top 4 and recruiting him for 4 years yet now we've forgotten about him sure

- Next on the docket for Gibson is to start setting up unofficial visits to college campuses over the course of the spring and summer. Ohio State, Tennessee, LSU, Florida and Florida State were the schools mentioned by Gibson as destinations he would like to visit.

- “I want to wait as long as possible,” he said, noting possibly waiting until after his senior season. “I want to make sure I make the right decision.”
Name a qb that wants to wait as long as possible instead of committing early, staying solid, being a leader on his HS team, leader in his recruiting class and learning his schools playbook?

- "I’m not sure. He has some different offers than me, but I would love to play college football with Travarus McFadden." Oh and he wants to play with the McFadden thats bashed UM many times in the past but yeah blame UM for everything because this kid is by far not seeking attention

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Coaches-visit-5-star-QB-Torrance-Gibson-172011

WELL--apparently the article was written BEFORE the Miami staff visited his school yesterday.

The gator writers decided to publish this article leaving that little important piece of information out.

Yeah, that's a **** move, gators

I feel like this should have ended the thread.

Advertisement
Never the staff's fault with some people.

Kid is a Miami fan and wants to know why when every school in the country is turning up the heat on him, we fell off the map.

That makes him a "diva." Some of you don't get recruiting. You wanna refuse to play the game and be a hard ***, we can fill half our roster with Jimmy Gaineses. Not every kid is Duke Johnson. You have to actually work for some and do your job as a recruiter and a salesman. A lot of you sound like Shannon. He quit on playing the game.

Kid is a Miami fan and wants to know why when every school in the country is turning up the heat on him, we fell off the map.

That makes him a "diva." Some of you don't get recruiting. You wanna refuse to play the game and be a hard ***, we can fill half our roster with Jimmy Gaineses. Not every kid is Duke Johnson. You have to actually work for some and do your job as a recruiter and a salesman. A lot of you sound like Shannon. He quit on playing the game.

Who says UM isn't recruiting him? You're point is its the staff fault because he said so yet he also said UMs in his top 4 less then a month ago which would claim that "its been a while" can be a week or 2 because 3 weeks ago he seemed pretty happy but yet im just going by what he said

He has Vince Young, Cam Newton type of potential. He can be a legend at a program.

Nice to see we are ****ing him off early.

Seriously as much crying as you have done lately.. Why don't you go to Torrence's house and let him know how apologetic the staff is to not be on his butt. Lol... Just like we found Kaaya.. I'm not worried... He could be a lot of things.. he could be bridgewater or he could bust.. But stop sucking off these high school kids.. Porsters like you create this entitlement atmosphere in south florida.. People just like you hanging on to these kids every words bunch of jock sniffers.

Advertisement
He'll do an interview with Pete real soon an he'll state things like this..."Miami has been coming at me the hardest" ..."They been showing me the most love"..."Coley is a great coordinator, and he says i'm their number one QB target"..."The U is in my top 3"

and ALWAYS the staffs fault with some people.

Bunch of grown *** men losing their ****ing minds over a KID. We're gonna have plenty of time to recruit this kid. He is after all, a 2015 kid. Stop being little ****ing babies and taking the words of a teenager so seriously. You all look pathetic.

Says the dude posting on a recruiting board. I love the stern voice of reason and condemnation from a dude who obviously cares about the same **** the rest of us do, or he'd be doing something else on a Saturday afternoon.

I'm not the one losing my **** about it though, am I?

No. You're losing your **** over other guys discussing it, which is far worse. I read this whole thread and didn't see anyone losing their ****. Just dudes making reasonable comments that you disagree with and got all flustered over.

Who says UM isn't recruiting him? You're point is its the staff fault because he said so yet he also said UMs in his top 4 less then a month ago which would claim that "its been a while" can be a week or 2 because 3 weeks ago he seemed pretty happy but yet im just going by what he said

He said it's been awhile AND that it's disappointing. Stop for a minute trying to invent some excuse that doesn't exist and just read the plain words right from his mouth. His words need no slick interpretation.

You brag about being in his top 4. If you're cool with finishing in his top 4 instead of actually signing him, then ignoring him will be the best easy to that goal.

Advertisement
Back