Torrence Gibson ...

A player is disappointed because we are no longer showing him some love when we are trying to get the kids that can play for us next season, to get with us now? Sorry, but that sounds like a needy child, who isn't getting the amount of attention he wants.

LMAO are you serious? It's called recruiting. Every recruit needs/wants attention. Especially the big ones.

I can guarantee you UF, FSU, LSU, etc have no problem giving him the attention he wants.

If coaches have a problem with giving a recruit the attention they want then they shouldn't be in this profession. It's apart of their job description to give need recruits attention.

i am sure they don't have a problem. there is only so much attention to go around and the coaches are pounding the trail hard now locking up the 2014 class.

So are we the only school that is bringing in a class in 2014 or nah?

Cuz the only way this excuse is valid is if all these other schools going after Gibson are done with the 2014 class

Advertisement
Reading this i can tell 2 things. 1. this kid loves the attention he's getting right now and that can mean that UM is hitting him up just not the way he wants right now
2. that he may wait until after his senior year which for a qb is crazy and to me means that he doesnt realize that the qb should be committed early to recruit for a school, lead his school to titles and learn his new schools playbook
3. he wants to play with his boy Mcfadden..... you know the overrated one who talks negatively about UM a good amount

before any of you start on some bs, Torrence Gibson is a freak QB. If he sticks on the same path he is going to be the #1 QB in this class and not a single part of that would be over rated.

He likes Miami but we all know that if a local kid likes Miami its a whole different game when it comes to recruiting.

Don't worry about Tenn, I think every recruit give Tenn love because they get the most followers lol. Urben Liar is the one going after him hard and we all know how that ends up

“Disappointing,” Gibson said of the lack of contact. “You’ve been recruiting me since the eighth grade and now you’re letting it slip away when it counts the most – disappointing.”

How is right now the most important for him? The kid is 2015, we're trying to finish out this class we don't have the time to be sucking him off right now. What is it like 16 days till signing day? Dude needs to get a ******* grip

Advertisement
I know recruiting is a 24/7 job but **** sounds a bit a dramatic. If it's been months since they've reached out to him then I agree with him and that's on the coaching staff. But if it's only been a few weeks then chill, we're trying to close out the current class.

As great as he is, I'll gladly sacrifice a drop in contact points to focus on getting Valentine back in the class and closing on a few other guys like JC.

We have a very important 2014 class we need to finish off. If he's all butt hurt about it and can't understand that then he can go somewhere else.

Didn't we just get off the dead period? If the staff hasn't contacted him in a few weeks, then I'm not really understanding the outrage. If that's the case then please enlighten me, or neg.

Cut Al some slack. He's busy trying to fix all the stuff he fcked up from his week-long affair with Ped State. He doesn't have time for Gibson because he's trying to repair all his mistakes.

Advertisement
Bunch of grown *** men losing their ******* minds over a KID. We're gonna have plenty of time to recruit this kid. He is after all, a 2015 kid. Stop being little ******* babies and taking the words of a teenager so seriously. You all look pathetic.

Bunch of grown *** men losing their ****ing minds over a KID. We're gonna have plenty of time to recruit this kid. He is after all, a 2015 kid. Stop being little ****ing babies and taking the words of a teenager so seriously. You all look pathetic.

Says the dude posting on a recruiting board. I love the stern voice of reason and condemnation from a dude who obviously cares about the same **** the rest of us do, or he'd be doing something else on a Saturday afternoon.

A player is disappointed because we are no longer showing him some love when we are trying to get the kids that can play for us next season, to get with us now? Sorry, but that sounds like a needy child, who isn't getting the amount of attention he wants.

Sounds like another SoFl diva to me.

LMAO are you serious? It's called recruiting. Every recruit needs/wants attention. Especially the big ones.

I can guarantee you UF, FSU, LSU, etc have no problem giving him the attention he wants.

If coaches have a problem with giving a recruit the attention they want then they shouldn't be in this profession. It's apart of their job description to give need recruits attention.

i am sure they don't have a problem. there is only so much attention to go around and the coaches are pounding the trail hard now locking up the 2014 class.

Exactly, a kid who is "disappointed" because we are recruiting his future teammates more than him is pretty selfish in my eyes atleast. Now I am going with the guess that we haven't made contact with him in like 3-4 weeks. Anything more and I can kinda understand the kids frustration. But still acting like you are entitled to get recruited by a certain school a certain amount, shows me what kind of person he thinks he is. It reminds me of how Keith Bryant thought of himself. It also doesn't help when you have people going nuts saying that Miami coaches are lazy idiots cause then it puts the kid on a higher pedestal. God do I hate recruiting season now.

Advertisement
Amazing how Auburn, Ohio St, and every other elite program can still finish their class while also recruiting Gibson.

Exactly, a kid who is "disappointed" because we are recruiting his future teammates more than him is pretty selfish in my eyes atleast. Now I am going with the guess that we haven't made contact with him in like 3-4 weeks. Anything more and I can kinda understand the kids frustration. But still acting like you are entitled to get recruited by a certain school a certain amount, shows me what kind of person he thinks he is. It reminds me of how Keith Bryant thought of himself. It also doesn't help when you have people going nuts saying that Miami coaches are lazy idiots cause then it puts the kid on a higher pedestal. God do I hate recruiting season now.

And we know the last thing they are is lazy. This staff has it flaws but one of them is not that it doesn't work hard enough recruiting.

Advertisement
I wonder why maybe because it was a dead period... UM has to play by the rules mean while all these other schools really dont care

I had little interest in the kid and now even less so.

Besides, we had virtually no shot at him.

How long does a telephone call take?

I know recruiting is a 24/7 job but **** sounds a bit a dramatic. If it's been months since they've reached out to him then I agree with him and that's on the coaching staff. But if it's only been a few weeks then chill, we're trying to close out the current class.

As great as he is, I'll gladly sacrifice a drop in contact points to focus on getting Valentine back in the class and closing on a few other guys like JC.

Advertisement
Back