Torrence Gibson ...

Mack Brown did it with Vince Young.

Re-read my post. I'm not saying we can't or should't do it. I'm saying it's going to be a tough pull for us.

I had no problem understanding your intricate post. It should NEVER be a tough pull for UM to beat a school from Ohio for a guy in UM's back yard who is coached by a former UM player. That would be like saying it would be a tough pull for Urb to grab a player from an Ohio high school coached by an Ohio Taint alum.

If there was an elite Pocket Passing QB in Ohio and he (Urb) was going against an elite recruiter that offered a pro style spread offense with a track record, it would be an extremely tough pull for Urban.

Doubt it. OSU gets the kids in Ohio that they want for the most part.

How many Pocket Passers you see Urban go after lately? That's my point.

Advertisement
Mack Brown did it with Vince Young.

Re-read my post. I'm not saying we can't or should't do it. I'm saying it's going to be a tough pull for us.

I had no problem understanding your intricate post. It should NEVER be a tough pull for UM to beat a school from Ohio for a guy in UM's back yard who is coached by a former UM player. That would be like saying it would be a tough pull for Urb to grab a player from an Ohio high school coached by an Ohio Taint alum.

If there was an elite Pocket Passing QB in Ohio and he (Urb) was going against an elite recruiter that offered a pro style spread offense with a track record, it would be an extremely tough pull for Urban.

Coley ran a bunch of read option at FSU, and we basically line up in a shotgun spread offense most of the time here at UM. Incorporating a little more read option into that shotgun spread is easy as can be for any competent OC. In fact, we've run a bunch of it here, but the QB never kept the ball.

Urb probably wouldn't recruit a straight drop-back passer because it doesn't fit his system. He's run that read-option exclusively, and it's a lot tougher to go from strictly read-option offense to strictly drop-back than it is to go from shotgun spread like we run to incorporating some more read-option into that.

Wimbush will blow up this year. Which i think will make it a little more manageable to snag Gibson, if hes truly our first option out of the two by the end of next year. As stated many times before, im in the Wimbush camp as of now in terms of a true QB (saw him here in Columbus, talk about a polished arm), but i think we need to be taking Gibson. With all the outside pressures of SoFla, the staff will get reamed if they were to take Wimbush over Gibson. But no doubt in my mind, Wimbush will be considered a top 3-5 QB for the 2015 class.

Advertisement
Back