Torrence Gibson ...

No matter how it plays out, the edge that OSU has is just the timing of the QBs.

We have Kayaa coming in, and if he's as good as Coley and everyone here thinks he is....I guess you would assume he's the planned started for at least 2015-2016.

Braxton Miller leaves OSU next year, and Gibson could come right in and start as a true fresh. You know Urban would do it w/o hesitation.

What would I like to see? Miami offer, Torrence come to the U and show he's better than Kayaa. But, most of these HS kids just go wherever they can start soon and in the spotlight. I remember when recruits loved the challenge of coming into a stacked U and weren't afraid of the competition.

THIS. And that doesnt even factor in that OSU is a better offense for him. Again, unless we are going to change our entire offensive philosophy, just to get this kid, we are the under dog in this race IMO. And were always going to be. People are kidding themselves if they think this kid was likely to come here, I dont care if we offered him in the 8th grade, of that "hes been here a lot", or that "someone said he really likes us". This is the CLASSIC kid who leaves Miami.

I would love to have him, but people need to face reality. I would give us a 25% chance with this kid at best.

Basically. Al Golden will never beat Urban Meyer for an elite recruit....never! I'll get negged for this comment but its a hard truth.

KC? Berrios?

K.C. is a legacy, Berrios is a good player...elite? I wouldn't go that far.

So who has Urban gotten that was elite?

Advertisement
No matter how it plays out, the edge that OSU has is just the timing of the QBs.

We have Kayaa coming in, and if he's as good as Coley and everyone here thinks he is....I guess you would assume he's the planned started for at least 2015-2016.

Braxton Miller leaves OSU next year, and Gibson could come right in and start as a true fresh. You know Urban would do it w/o hesitation.

What would I like to see? Miami offer, Torrence come to the U and show he's better than Kayaa. But, most of these HS kids just go wherever they can start soon and in the spotlight. I remember when recruits loved the challenge of coming into a stacked U and weren't afraid of the competition.

THIS. And that doesnt even factor in that OSU is a better offense for him. Again, unless we are going to change our entire offensive philosophy, just to get this kid, we are the under dog in this race IMO. And were always going to be. People are kidding themselves if they think this kid was likely to come here, I dont care if we offered him in the 8th grade, of that "hes been here a lot", or that "someone said he really likes us". This is the CLASSIC kid who leaves Miami.

I would love to have him, but people need to face reality. I would give us a 25% chance with this kid at best.

Basically. Al Golden will never beat Urban Meyer for an elite recruit....never! I'll get negged for this comment but its a hard truth.

KC? Berrios?

So what if KC was a legacy? Legacy go to other schools all the time. Golden beat Urban for KC and Berrios. And of course you wouldn't say Berrios is elite because that would ruin your argument...

KC? Berrios?

Tebow, Harvin, M. Wright, Bosa, V. Bell, R. Cooper, Haden, A. Hernandez (before he became moonlight serial killer), Pouncey 1 and 2, Cam Newton (originally), Gillisee, D. Easley, M. Elam.....

KC? Berrios?

So what if KC was a legacy? Legacy go to other schools all the time. Golden beat Urban for KC and Berrios. And of course you wouldn't say Berrios is elite because that would ruin your argument...

Berrios isn't Ellite anymore after that serious injury. Hopefully he can see the field in a couple of years.

KC? Berrios?

Berrios scored a TD with a torn knee, he got the best time on one of the events at the opening. i say those results make him elite over guys that are considered "elite" by recruiting reporters.

Advertisement

KC? Berrios?

Tebow, Harvin, M. Wright, Bosa, V. Bell, R. Cooper, Haden, A. Hernandez (before he became moonlight serial killer), Pouncey 1 and 2, Cam Newton (originally), Gillisee, D. Easley, M. Elam.....

What do any of those have to do with Golden?

KC? Berrios?

All the time huh? Outside of Peyton Manning and Patchan's idiot kid, name some. Even if you can, KC was a local kid that goes to a pro UM school. If they didn't get him, Golden would be totally incompetent. As for Berrios, I like Berrios very much, I think he can do good things here. He is a good player, but to say he is in the same class as Rudolph, Lane, Dupre, and Noil...c'mon man. I don't even want to speak bad about the kid because I like him. He's a good get. I think him and Dixon were about the same in terms of skill, with Dixon being slightly faster. Elite receivers are your A.J. Greens, Percy Harvins, Julio Jones' types. Braxton isn't on that level, but that doesn't mean he can't be solid player for us similar to what Daryl Jones was on the 2001 team.

KC? Berrios?

What do any of those have to do with Golden?

You asked me who has Urban gotten that was elite, so I named some...

KC? Berrios?

All the time huh? Outside of Peyton Manning and Patchan's idiot kid, name some. Even if you can, KC was a local kid that goes to a pro UM school. If they didn't get him, Golden would be totally incompetent. As for Berrios, I like Berrios very much, I think he can do good things here. He is a good player, but to say he is in the same class as Rudolph, Lane, Dupre, and Noil...c'mon man. I don't even want to speak bad about the kid because I like him. He's a good get. I think him and Dixon were about the same in terms of skill, with Dixon being slightly faster. Elite receivers are your A.J. Greens, Percy Harvins, Julio Jones' types. Braxton isn't on that level, but that doesn't mean he can't be solid player for us similar to what Daryl Jones was on the 2001 team.

You said Golden would never beat Urban for any elite recruit. He beat him for KC. You can try and make excuses for Urban but at the end of the day, he wanted KC and did not land him. I see people on here all the time say "no excuses" so there can't be any for Urban. He lost KC.

Regardless of if you personally think Berrios is elite or not, Urban thought enough of him to recruit intensely. Golden beat him for Berrios.

Advertisement
KC? Berrios?

You said Golden would never beat Urban for any elite recruit. He beat him for KC. You can try and make excuses for Urban but at the end of the day, he wanted KC and did not land him. I see people on here all the time say "no excuses" so there can't be any for Urban. He lost KC.

Regardless of if you personally think Berrios is elite or not, Urban thought enough of him to recruit intensely. Golden beat him for Berrios.

So let me ask you this, if Golden wasn't coaching here do you really feel McDermott would have gone to OSU? McDermott was always coming here. ****, when it looked like Fat Albert was going to go to Penn State, K.C. was still coming here. You or I could have signed McDermott, just like you or I could have signed Duke Johnson. The U was in his blood. That's a Miami thing, not a Golden thing. Making excuses for Urban? I hate Urban Meyer, but I, unlike many folks on this board, am willing to be honest and say I would much rather having him recruiting and coaching for this program right now, than this fat **** and his equally incompetent and fat butt buddy who lusts to go back to Penn State and makes a mockery of my school in the process. Back on topic though, Torrance Gibson is a program changing talent. He is in the mold of Vince Young, Cam Newton, and Jameis Winston. If Golden can beat Urban for this particular QB, who is unanimously considered elite and has no family ties to Miami, I am willing to call him an elite recruiter with the likes of Urban, Saban, Butch, Pete Carroll, and Jimbo. If Golden pulls off a miracle and keeps Gibson home, Miami wins the National Championship a year after he arrives on campus, despite Golden's limitations as a coach.

KC? Berrios?

I mean technically KC is a legacy to Purdue too then. Barry Sanders Jr picked Stanford over Oklahoma State. James Burgess Jr picked Lousiville over UM. Quincy cried like a ***** when the staff told him he was a safety and chose UF over UM even though all signs point to UF playing him at safety now(Al told ya so) Treon has had 2 brothers attend UM and a dad who worked here and is an FSU commit at the moment, Nick O'Learys dad was a UGA offensive lineman and he picked FSU over them, Jimmy Clausen and Notre Dame, Both Kyle and Chris Long went to different schools and both went to different schools than their dad, Sal Sunseri went to Pitt and had one son play there and another play at Alabama. Jim Kelly had a nephew make a rap about how he was gonna attend Clemson. Landon Collins brother just committed to UF over Alabama and neither one wanted to attend theirs mama's LSU. You asked for some to be named. Those are the ones off the top of my head. Also PB Central isn't exactly Pro-UM they send kids to UF too.

Last edited:

So let me ask you this, if Golden wasn't coaching here do you really feel McDermott would have gone to OSU? McDermott was always coming here. ****, when it looked like Fat Albert was going to go to Penn State, K.C. was still coming here. You or I could have signed McDermott, just like you or I could have signed Duke Johnson. The U was in his blood. That's a Miami thing, not a Golden thing. Making excuses for Urban? I hate Urban Meyer, but I, unlike many folks on this board, am willing to be honest and say I would much rather having him recruiting and coaching for this program right now, than this fat **** and his equally incompetent and fat butt buddy who lusts to go back to Penn State and makes a mockery of my school in the process. Back on topic though, Torrance Gibson is a program changing talent. He is in the mold of Vince Young, Cam Newton, and Jameis Winston. If Golden can beat Urban for this particular QB, who is unanimously considered elite and has no family ties to Miami, I am willing to call him an elite recruiter with the likes of Urban, Saban, Butch, Pete Carroll, and Jimbo. If Golden pulls off a miracle and keeps Gibson home, Miami wins the National Championship a year after he arrives on campus, despite Golden's limitations as a coach.

This post says it all. You cannot be objective when it comes to Golden. You dislike him so much, as evidenced by your repeated use of derogatory terms, that you will not give him credit for anything. It's fine if you hate Golden that much but it clouds your ability to analyze a specific situation. You are unable to give him credit for anything and will make any excuse to prove such.

Who knows if KC would have come here or not. Matt Patchan had the U in his blood but went elsewhere.

The statement that you made was that Golden will never beat Urban for an elite recruit. Several people pointed out that Golden has done that. Now you want to add conditions like "no family ties" or "he would've gone to Miami no matter who was coach".

And yes, Urban is a better coach than Golden by a wide margin. But that doesn't mean that Golden can't beat Urban for a recruit because he has.

Advertisement
Golden didn't just beat Meyer for Kc, he had Kc openly mocking Meyer to a reporter.

KC? Berrios?

Berrios killed it at the UA game, and did it on a torn ACL. If that's not elite, than I don't know what is.

Mack Brown did it with Vince Young.

Re-read my post. I'm not saying we can't or should't do it. I'm saying it's going to be a tough pull for us.

I had no problem understanding your intricate post. It should NEVER be a tough pull for UM to beat a school from Ohio for a guy in UM's back yard who is coached by a former UM player. That would be like saying it would be a tough pull for Urb to grab a player from an Ohio high school coached by an Ohio Taint alum.

Advertisement

Re-read my post. I'm not saying we can't or should't do it. I'm saying it's going to be a tough pull for us.

I had no problem understanding your intricate post. It should NEVER be a tough pull for UM to beat a school from Ohio for a guy in UM's back yard who is coached by a former UM player. That would be like saying it would be a tough pull for Urb to grab a player from an Ohio high school coached by an Ohio Taint alum.

If there was an elite Pocket Passing QB in Ohio and he (Urb) was going against an elite recruiter that offered a pro style spread offense with a track record, it would be an extremely tough pull for Urban.

KC? Berrios?

I mean technically KC is a legacy to Purdue too then. Barry Sanders Jr picked Stanford over Oklahoma State. James Burgess Jr picked Lousiville over UM. Quincy cried like a **** when the staff told him he was a safety and chose UF over UM even though all signs point to UF playing him at safety now(Al told ya so) Treon has had 2 brothers attend UM and a dad who worked here and is an FSU commit at the moment, Nick O'Learys dad was a UGA offensive lineman and he picked FSU over them, Jimmy Clausen and Notre Dame, Both Kyle and Chris Long went to different schools and both went to different schools than their dad, Sal Sunseri went to Pitt and had one son play there and another play at Alabama. Jim Kelly had a nephew make a rap about how he was gonna attend Clemson. Landon Collins brother just committed to UF over Alabama and neither one wanted to attend theirs mama's LSU. You asked for some to be named. Those are the ones off the top of my head. Also PB Central isn't exactly Pro-UM they send kids to UF too.

Not that I care about the Urban felon training program recruitment, but don't forget a couple Canes named Griffin and Payton. Gee one of them was actually legacy to none other than OSU if I am not mistaken. And oh what a leagacy that was -- only 2 time Heisman. Urban is trash but a dangerous recruiting foe. Taking anyone from him is a gold start. Al is not on Urban level yet, but he did draw blood this year and it is silly to deny it.

If there was an elite Pocket Passing QB in Ohio and he (Urb) was going against an elite recruiter that offered a pro style spread offense with a track record, it would be an extremely tough pull for Urban.

Doubt it. OSU gets the kids in Ohio that they want for the most part.

Am I the only one that isn't seeing this program changing ability people are talking about? Kid is athletic as all **** and has all the tools, but he's raw as **** as a passer. Now you may say with good coaching he'll develop because he has the tools, but not all guys do.

Advertisement
Back