Torrence Gibson ...

Advertisement
If we been recruiting him since 8th grade I don't see us suddenly stopping recently. Sorry don't buy it

So Gibson is lying for no reason. Makes sense.

So you think the staff stopped recruiting Gibson. Yes they have? No they haven't?

I believe what Gibson said because he has no reason to lie about it, and his opinion of how well we are recruiting him is all that matters. And he said UM isn't recruiting him enough and that he's disappointed.

Advertisement
right..

He said recruiting him enough. Not necessarily that he dropped off their radar.

Staff is trying to buckle down and close well on the 2014 class. Especially with the likes of Valentine and JC Jackson still in play

right..

He said recruiting him enough. Not necessarily that he dropped off their radar.

Staff is trying to buckle down and close well on the 2014 class. Especially with the likes of Valentine and JC Jackson still in play

Are the other schools that are recruiting Gibson well trying to close well on their 2014 classes too?

Advertisement
As far as offensive style that fits skill set, OSU and Meyer have a huge advantage. It's going to be a tough pull IMO, considering what the coach/offense has to sell him.

How do we even recruit the kid? Tell him we're going to mold the offense after him? We'll have a slew of pocket passers on the roster, so our base offense will obviously not consist of a ton of read option.

Obviously, if we are to land him and his skill set is off the charts and he's hands down the best QB on the roster we could mold the offense. The first step, however, is to get him on campus. That is going to be a hard sell.

Advertisement
No matter how it plays out, the edge that OSU has is just the timing of the QBs.

We have Kayaa coming in, and if he's as good as Coley and everyone here thinks he is....I guess you would assume he's the planned started for at least 2015-2016.

Braxton Miller leaves OSU next year, and Gibson could come right in and start as a true fresh. You know Urban would do it w/o hesitation.

What would I like to see? Miami offer, Torrence come to the U and show he's better than Kayaa. But, most of these HS kids just go wherever they can start soon and in the spotlight. I remember when recruits loved the challenge of coming into a stacked U and weren't afraid of the competition.

THIS. And that doesnt even factor in that OSU is a better offense for him. Again, unless we are going to change our entire offensive philosophy, just to get this kid, we are the under dog in this race IMO. And were always going to be. People are kidding themselves if they think this kid was likely to come here, I dont care if we offered him in the 8th grade, of that "hes been here a lot", or that "someone said he really likes us". This is the CLASSIC kid who leaves Miami.

I would love to have him, but people need to face reality. I would give us a 25% chance with this kid at best.

No matter how it plays out, the edge that OSU has is just the timing of the QBs.

We have Kayaa coming in, and if he's as good as Coley and everyone here thinks he is....I guess you would assume he's the planned started for at least 2015-2016.

Braxton Miller leaves OSU next year, and Gibson could come right in and start as a true fresh. You know Urban would do it w/o hesitation.

What would I like to see? Miami offer, Torrence come to the U and show he's better than Kayaa. But, most of these HS kids just go wherever they can start soon and in the spotlight. I remember when recruits loved the challenge of coming into a stacked U and weren't afraid of the competition.

THIS. And that doesnt even factor in that OSU is a better offense for him. Again, unless we are going to change our entire offensive philosophy, just to get this kid, we are the under dog in this race IMO. And were always going to be. People are kidding themselves if they think this kid was likely to come here, I dont care if we offered him in the 8th grade, of that "hes been here a lot", or that "someone said he really likes us". This is the CLASSIC kid who leaves Miami.

I would love to have him, but people need to face reality. I would give us a 25% chance with this kid at best.

Basically. Al Golden will never beat Urban Meyer for an elite recruit....never! I'll get negged for this comment but its a hard truth.

Advertisement

Basically. Al Golden will never beat Urban Meyer for an elite recruit....never! I'll get negged for this comment but its a hard truth.

KC McDermott would like a word with you, or is he not elite enough?

KC? Berrios?

We are not getting this kid, I just dont see it. With kayaa and Olsen. Rosier and Treon if he comes. Just too much. He might go to Oregon if they offer. He reminds me of maorita. He is not a great passer though. All he did was throw screens in the state championship. Glad we offered but we won't be in top 5 when all said and done.

KC? Berrios?

K.C. is a legacy, Berrios is a good player...elite? I wouldn't go that far.

Advertisement
Back