Tirek Austin-Cave Gone

Mis-Manny-gement?
No defense of Manny, but if he's as buried on the depth chart with this staff, maybe the real problem was he just isn't very good. That's no defense for last staff lying to him about getting to play in front of his family, but the only mismanagement would seem to be offering him a scholarship in the first place.

Advertisement
There are some south Jersey beasts out there. Beasts all over Jersey.

I think him going to Temple or Rutgers would do him well. Temple or Rutgers would make sense, just a hop on the Transit from Camden, though Temple is closer, hop on the PATCO subway then the Broad Street subway to Temple.
North jersey does have more talent overall though. The kids from the catholic schools up there that get kids from NYC, Newark, Jersey City, the Oranges, Elizabeth, etc. are generally the best in the state. Camden, Trenton and the farmers down there don't pump out as much talaent.

North jersey does have more talent overall though. The kids from the catholic schools up there that get kids from NYC, Newark, Jersey City, the Oranges, Elizabeth, etc. are generally the best in the state. Camden, Trenton and the farmers down there don't pump out as much talaent.
They pump out plenty of talent. Said talent just relocates to attend Catholic and private schools

They pump out plenty of talent. Said talent just relocates to attend Catholic and private schools
Just look at the rosters of those private schools. The majority of them are coming from the north jersey suburbs, newark, paterson, oranges, elizabeth etc. Just look at recent elite kids from NJ. Peppers and Gary both came from the oranges/newark area.

Advertisement
It always does. I remember the talk about Nesta when he left. How it was the culture and non-commitment to winning he didn't like. Then he landed at Arizona State which pretty much meant everything about that was BS and he just wanted to join another circus where no one cared and the inmates ran the asylum.

Agreed. The truth came out. Nesta didn't leave of his own accord.

No defense of Manny, but if he's as buried on the depth chart with this staff, maybe the real problem was he just isn't very good. That's no defense for last staff lying to him about getting to play in front of his family, but the only mismanagement would seem to be offering him a scholarship in the first place.

Sheeee-it, I was just trying to coin a new phrase...

Advertisement
There are likely going to be some negative comments, but this is from the heart.

I don’t know TAC, but he is a young man who CHOSE the Hurricanes, gave his time and his body for the team, and when he realized that (for whatever reason), he wasn’t a fit, has moved on.

He never got in trouble, represented the U on his helmet, and did his best. Is that enough for a superstar? No. But that is a sign of his character.

Fair winds, TAC, and all the best in your new school.
Your post reminded me of the lyrics of a Hendrix song from my youth, sometimes the plan doesn't work out; happens a lot in sports:

"A little Indian brave who before he was ten,
Played war games in the woods with his Indian friends,
And he built a dream that when he grew up,
He would be a fearless warrior Indian Chief

Many moons passed and more the dream grew stronger,
Until tomorrow, he would sing his first war song,
And fight his first battle, but something went wrong,
Surprise attack killed him in his sleep that night

And so castles made of sand,
Melts into the sea, eventually"

There are likely going to be some negative comments, but this is from the heart.

I don’t know TAC, but he is a young man who CHOSE the Hurricanes, gave his time and his body for the team, and when he realized that (for whatever reason), he wasn’t a fit, has moved on.

He never got in trouble, represented the U on his helmet, and did his best. Is that enough for a superstar? No. But that is a sign of his character.

Fair winds, TAC, and all the best in your new school.

All of that.

He never gave a reason for any of the negative comments that have been said or may have been said.

He wore the uniform, that's more than those posting can say. He would've loved to have success here more than any of you. It's tough when your playing days are over or you decide to transfer. You had all those hopes and dreams, now they're gone.

Hope he keeps his head up, walks away proudly, and kills it wherever he lands on his feet. No shame in a **** thing here.

Advertisement
ITU released a video last week (maybe Friday) showing LB drills from practice. I got worried about TAC leaving when Coach Strong made TAC come back and redo a drill about 5 times over. Coach didn’t look too happy.

I'm not being a **** here, but nobody is happy all the time on the practice field. Even the best get their asses chewed by the coaching staff from time to time. Sometimes they get chewed on more than the others because more is expected of them.

784e33d5-2d3b-40b4-8a01-0985963544a0_text.gif

cf0f8ec6-34d3-44d1-a4e3-a81a713afc61_text.gif

Advertisement
I take it he's not joining Manny at Pedo State, lol. ... I really liked TAC's highlights coming out, thought he could be a player for us. Good luck to him. Go local back to Rutgers, Cuse or Temple and start. Schiano can turn him into something.

What’s the possibility that Wesley, Steed, Keontra and Chase will be the only scholarship linebackers minus transfers going into fall practice
0 thats not how life works...add to it we dont even have a transfer portal lb primed to sign here

Advertisement
Back