Tirek Austin-Cave Gone

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cave would excel individually at a place like GT or Indiana. Best of luck to the kid.

Too bad. Thought he had potential. I think we're going to bring in at least 1 in the portal.

Advertisement
Everyone in NJ knows North Jersey is the place to recruit, Manny for some odd reason only recruited the South.
There are some south Jersey beasts out there. Beasts all over Jersey.

I think him going to Temple or Rutgers would do him well. Temple or Rutgers would make sense, just a hop on the Transit from Camden, though Temple is closer, hop on the PATCO subway then the Broad Street subway to Temple.

Yet one guy is penciled in as a starter (while actively recruiting LB transfers to come here) and the other is hitting the transfer portal.
Bingo. First off, no hard feelings to TAC, go be great and I hope he succeeds at his next stop.

At the same time, Flagg is a kid who received ELITE level HS coaching in Houston TX. Not having the offers from the big boys in TX, namely UT and TX A&M was due to his measurables....if that kid were 6'2 he'd be at UT right now, or some school in the SEC. But he's not, he's 5'10/5'11, so being uber productive on a nationally ranked HS powerhouse in TX (multi-year starter and multi year TX HS football champion), and that places him on the level of your OKSTs, Baylor's, etc.

My point is that I agree with DTP. Corey Flagg is a kid that's going to go as far as his coaching takes him the college and then that'll likely be it....he's the type of kid where if he can't make an NFL team he'll wind up as a college coach.

If Clemson can transform 3* LBs with the same measurables as Flagg (Skalski), then I'm putting my $$$ on the fact that Strong/Steele & Co. can make Flagg a serviceable LB in the ACC.

I think TACs leaving is more tied to the reported outburst from his father after the Duke game when he didn't receive PT....and he/his family likely see that with the new staff he's not moving up the depth chart as fast as they would like.....AND have likely established via back channels that he can go to a school like Cuse/Rutgers/Temple and have a much more favorable depth chart situation where the competition isn't so fierce and and a staff not capable of bringing in potential 5* LBs AND big time transfers.

I posted multiple times in November Hes a name to watch. Then a couple days ago I said guys that have been expected to leave to will finally leave. He gave the new staff a shot and saw the same result so it makes sense. He just wasn’t going to play much or all.

. 918B4EC1-F642-42B0-B8B5-356378EFE25B.png921C7CC7-1CC5-4138-B5E3-9C77EC0D9415.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back