Tirek Austin-Cave Gone

Advertisement
Welp. Guessing we are making room for Flowe.
Definitely the only logical conclusion
High Five Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by filmeditor

There are likely going to be some negative comments, but this is from the heart.

I don’t know TAC, but he is a young man who CHOSE the Hurricanes, gave his time and his body for the team, and when he realized that (for whatever reason), he wasn’t a fit, has moved on.

He never got in trouble, represented the U on his helmet, and did his best. Is that enough for a superstar? No. But that is a sign of his character.

Fair winds, TAC, and all the best in your new school.

Well said G! Couldn't agree more! Wish him all the best & I hope he goes ALL THE WAY OFF at whatever program he lands at.

The first LB domino to fall, with others likely right behind him.

Not surprising, the guys who played the most last year are in line to play the most again this year (barring transfers)

Maybe Steele and Strong are showing too much FaVoRtIsM?
And to add on..Steele and Strong look like no nonsense type guys too. Like they dont sugarcoat anything. I have no doubt they are telling Mario daily in post practice meetings who can cut it and who needs to find a new home.

Channing Crowder says Strong is **** near disrespectful to the point where you want to fight him. (or at least try knowing you gonna take that L if you cross him. LOL) But that he loved Strong for that too.

Some of these players are getting some hardcore "tough love" about whether they can hack it at this level of P5 football or not im sure.

And to add on..Steele and Strong look like no nonsense type guys too. Like they dont sugarcoat anything. I have no doubt they are telling Mario daily in post practice meetings who can cut it and who needs to find a new home.

Channing Crowder says Strong is **** near disrespectful to the point where you want to fight him. (or at least try knowing you gonna take that L if you cross him. LOL) But that he loved Strong for that too.

Some of these players are getting some hardcore "tough love" about whether they can hack it at this level of P5 football or not im sure.
Interesting you should say that about Strong. I've heard some mention on a few podcasts that word on the LB room is it's been pretty "hot". I imagine Strong hasn't suffered any fools there....

Advertisement
I’m not blaming the coaches. I am saying the kid didn’t get the mental aspect of the game. We got Charlie strong here coaching backers. If he can’t get it here he won’t get it
Strong has been here a hot minute. Expecting a kid to flip a switch in a handful of practices and be completely different from a mental standpoint with a new defense is not very realistic.

Pretty sure he claimed an offer from Texas A&M. Same cycle Flagg couldn’t get an offer from any of the Texas schools despite playing in their backyard
Yet one guy is penciled in as a starter (while actively recruiting LB transfers to come here) and the other is hitting the transfer portal.

**** shame how much Manny mismanagement will effect so many kids this off-season. Kid like this end up at Rutgers or Syracuse he have been a starter. Now he has to start over with less eligibility and relearn his position. Used car salesman strikes again.
Ok wait..how is this Mannys fault again? Are you saying Manny should have never recruited him because he probably wasnt UM material to begin with?

Advertisement
Seems like a good kid, but he should've never been a take in the first place.

The failures of the LB recruiting from the previous staff continue to rear their ugly heads.

Advertisement
Pretty sure he claimed an offer from Texas A&M. Same cycle Flagg couldn’t get an offer from any of the Texas schools despite playing in their backyard
This is only half true tho. After he got Miami he refused to show up to A&M and just workout. They were playing the long game. Of course they were gonna offer a north shore kid. The only Texas school that didn’t show him interest was the university of Texas. I was there for all of this. There’s always more to the story

Ya know, maybe Saturday's scrimmage was more tryout/audition/interview than an actual scrimmage.

Maybe the ones who didn't make the cut are starting to report to the office for the awkward discussion.

Advertisement
I’m not blaming the coaches. I am saying the kid didn’t get the mental aspect of the game. We got Charlie strong here coaching backers. If he can’t get it here he won’t get it
ITU released a video last week (maybe Friday) showing LB drills from practice. I got worried about TAC leaving when Coach Strong made TAC come back and redo a drill about 5 times over. Coach didn’t look too happy.

I don't think he will be the last one we are bidding a fine farewell to when it's all said and done....best of luck to the young man..

Advertisement
Back