Tirek Austin-Cave Gone

Advertisement
There are some south Jersey beasts out there. Beasts all over Jersey.

I think him going to Temple or Rutgers would do him well. Temple or Rutgers would make sense, just a hop on the Transit from Camden, though Temple is closer, hop on the PATCO subway then the Broad Street subway to Temple.
Rutgers worked for Gus...

Wasn’t his LB player or his ability that set him back. When a LB can’t even contribute on special teams it’s a problem. He has all the tools and maybe he will make it somewhere else, but I am doubtful. Rutgers has as good a LBs as we do right now, so that would be telling if he goes there and plays. Doubt it.

Advertisement
ITU released a video last week (maybe Friday) showing LB drills from practice. I got worried about TAC leaving when Coach Strong made TAC come back and redo a drill about 5 times over. Coach didn’t look too happy.
I thought i was the only 1 that saw that.

Strong was visibly frustrated and everyone pretty much did the drill one time even walk ons...maybe he wanted TAC to fine tune it..but that stood out to me while watching.

tHAT BEING SAID WHEN I TALKED TO HIM LAST YEAR HE WAS HEADED UT BECAUS EOF mANNY/PATKE LYING TO HIM...he stayed because he just wanted a fair shot to compete and get game reps. Based off him likely not making a move this spring and others maybe lockign in some ..it makes sens for him...he should honestly head to SYRACUSE...and send us back Mikel Jones.

Advertisement
The truth will come out with his landing spot
It always does. I remember the talk about Nesta when he left. How it was the culture and non-commitment to winning he didn't like. Then he landed at Arizona State which pretty much meant everything about that was BS and he just wanted to join another circus where no one cared and the inmates ran the asylum.

I thought i was the only 1 that saw that.

Strong was visibly frustrated and everyone pretty much did the drill one time even walk ons...maybe he wanted TAC to fine tune it..but that stood out to me while watching.

tHAT BEING SAID WHEN I TALKED TO HIM LAST YEAR HE WAS HEADED UT BECAUS EOF mANNY/PATKE LYING TO HIM...he stayed because he just wanted a fair shot to compete and get game reps. Based off him likely not making a move this spring and others maybe lockign in some ..it makes sens for him...he should honestly head to SYRACUSE...and send us back Mikel Jones.
To clarify I wasn’t implying that single event was or is the reason he left. While watching it hit me that TAC’s issues at UM are and have been mental: concentration, focus and attention to detail. As you said, everyone did it easily except him.

I posted multiple times in November Hes a name to watch. Then a couple days ago I said guys that have been expected to leave to will finally leave. He gave the new staff a shot and saw the same result so it makes sense. He just wasn’t going to play much or at all.View attachment 181749View attachment 181750
Really hope Brooks sticks it out with the new staff when he's healthy. He has a legit shot at being the starting MLB.

Advertisement
To clarify I wasn’t implying that single event was or is the reason he left. While watching it hit me that TAC’s issues at UM are and have been mental: concentration, focus and attention to detail. As you said, everyone did it easily except him.
I know that...im just agreeing with you and that clipped stuck out to me.

TAC also advised he learned all 3 lb spots the year before and just wasnt sure why he wasnt atleast getting some reps.

Th emain issue i had was he wasnt even really on specials units...for example Huff is pretty much on all or most of the special team units.

What’s the possibility that Wesley, Steed, Keontra and Chase will be the only scholarship linebackers minus transfers going into fall practice

I know that...im just agreeing with you and that clipped stuck out to me.

TAC also advised he learned all 3 lb spots the year before and just wasnt sure why he wasnt atleast getting some reps.

Th emain issue i had was he wasnt even really on specials units...for example Huff is pretty much on all or most of the special team units.
This is a huge red flag for a reserve linebacker. Young guys may struggle with learning the position but they can still run down on kickoffs and tackle people. Some of our all time best players started out doing that. If a guy can't even get on the field to do that, there's something amiss.

Advertisement
What’s the possibility that Wesley, Steed, Keontra and Chase will be the only scholarship linebackers minus transfers going into fall practice
Unlikely. Huff has been getting reps at LB and safety in practice and Flagg has been recruiting guys to transfer in so I doubt he's planning on leaving. Brooks? He may be the next man out though.

Advertisement
Back