Tirek Austin-Cave Gone

Advertisement
Advertisement
There are likely going to be some negative comments, but this is from the heart.

I don’t know TAC, but he is a young man who CHOSE the Hurricanes, gave his time and his body for the team, and when he realized that (for whatever reason), he wasn’t a fit, has moved on.

He never got in trouble, represented the U on his helmet, and did his best. Is that enough for a superstar? No. But that is a sign of his character.

Fair winds, TAC, and all the best in your new school.

Great perspective. Things did not work out for TAC here, but it doesn't seem like he was ever a problem and certainly never embarrassed or hurt the program.

I wish TAC success in all his future endeavors (other than the unlikely event he transfers to a rival, in which case I wish him success in all his non-football related future endeavors).

Advertisement
When a talented player can't crack the two deep with a questionable coaching staff, I think it's fair to question the coaching staff. When a talented player is now on his second, albeit, far more established coaching staff and can't crack the rotation, it's clear that the player is the issue.

Would think he lands at Temple or Rutgers.

Advertisement
The first LB domino to fall, with others likely right behind him.

Not surprising, the guys who played the most last year are in line to play the most again this year (barring transfers)

Maybe Steele and Strong are showing too much FaVoRtIsM?

Advertisement
Good luck to him. Definitely won't be the last.

How many transfers/initial counters could we allocate to bring in some depth after spring?

Never quite understood the hype bestowed upon him considering he was recruited by Patke away from teams like Buttgers and Syracuse.
Pretty sure he claimed an offer from Texas A&M. Same cycle Flagg couldn’t get an offer from any of the Texas schools despite playing in their backyard

Advertisement
Back