Tirek Austin-Cave Gone

Advertisement
more like Tirek Austin Caved

jay z applause GIF by SB Nation

I have a younger cousin and older cousin that played in league from south Jersey. Lots of south Jersey talent throughout the years.
Since your from NYC like me. Are you talking south jersey as in 15 minutes from Philly? Or are you using what us new yorkers call south jersey and talking about Newark? lol.

Stop it.....had nothing to do with him "individually"...the credit goes to his Assistants. Was he better than Bill Miller who he replaced in 99??....Yeah....but Monkey Boy wasn't all that, and wasn't liked by a large amount of players. @Brooklyndee will be more than happy to tell ya.....

I’m not going to contradict guys who played for him. As a fan I felt he ran a good defense. And he hasn’t done terribly at Rutgers because, well, Rutgers woyld have been a C-USA or AAC team without him.

Ok wait..how is this Mannys fault again? Are you saying Manny should have never recruited him because he probably wasnt UM material to begin with?
1- Manny didn't develop linebackers re technical (zero fundamentals), tactical (chit scheme + bad comms) or physical prep (outside of Phillips the former #1 recruit in the country, who did their S&C program pop off the screen for you? Speed? Power? Can't think of one + the injury rate was atrocious)
2- A 3 star player is basically a crapshoot. For as much as 4-5 stars should be locks, 3 stars are a mystery.
3- Which takes you back to #1, but adds the psychological aspect which is up to the player (choice) and their parents (genetics, parenting)

This could be a Gus Edwards situation, or it could be just another 3-star that didn't develop into a 4-star

Advertisement
Hope it's not Brooks. He had potential pre-injury.
If his name was Sam Cooke and he was from Wilmington, NC the entire board would be sending him packing and bidding him good luck. Its only because his last name is Brooks and he went to the West.

Brooks has done shady stuff (going on social media saying he wants to move on) that we wouldnt let any other player get away with.

Advertisement
I thought i was the only 1 that saw that.

Strong was visibly frustrated and everyone pretty much did the drill one time even walk ons...maybe he wanted TAC to fine tune it..but that stood out to me while watching.

tHAT BEING SAID WHEN I TALKED TO HIM LAST YEAR HE WAS HEADED UT BECAUS EOF mANNY/PATKE LYING TO HIM...he stayed because he just wanted a fair shot to compete and get game reps. Based off him likely not making a move this spring and others maybe lockign in some ..it makes sens for him...he should honestly head to SYRACUSE...and send us back Mikel Jones.
Remember when I posted the defensive players didn’t trust the staff and they were constantly lied to? Some folks came at me like I was pushing computation theories lol.

What’s funny is the offensive guys actually enjoyed their staff and played for them. Defense ? Not so much , matter of fact they couldn‘t stand them. Which explains why the two units look completely different. Kids wanting to play for you matters.

Remember when I posted the defensive players didn’t trust the staff and they were constantly lied to? Some folks came at me like I was pushing computation theories lol.

What’s funny is the offensive guys actually enjoyed their staff and played for them. Defense ? Not so much , matter of fact they couldn‘t stand them. Which explains why the two units look completely different. Kids wanting to play for you matters.
of course they didnt want to play for the D coaches. Diaz, Patke, Aristide and DVD. All of them had zero chance of leading the players to success. it was a **** show from day one.

Ok wait..how is this Mannys fault again? Are you saying Manny should have never recruited him because he probably wasnt UM material to begin with?
I'm saying that selling kids a vision for a program he was never able to build as well as not hiring a staff to teach and develop these kids caused the valuable years of eligibility. Would Mario have recruited him? No but if he took the final spot on signing day or walked on for Mario I have no doubt if he decided to transfer he would bring value to whatever program he ended up at. He would know how to play linebacker. This kid starting all over again. At a much lower level than he probably would be at if he has chosen a different school. I don't understand how that's difficult to understand. These parent are recruited just as much as the kids. Kids have to put in the work and have the talent but every cosches looks momma in the eye and says I need him I will look out for him I will bring out the best in him. If you think Manny achieved that. Cool. Just a difference of opinion I guess.

Advertisement
If his name was Sam Cooke and he was from Wilmington, NC the entire board would be sending him packing and bidding him good luck. Its only because his last name is Brooks and he went to the West.

Brooks has done shady stuff (going on social media saying he wants to move on) that we wouldnt let any other player get away with.
You have me mistaken for someone else. I know Sam Cooke before I'm assuming whoever Sam Brooks Sr is? Chit, should I know Sam Sr?

Also- Wilmington has a couple of solid FB schools in New Hanover and Hoggard but Wallace is where it's at. Ask Manny, he saw a lot of Javonte Williams. But it's more known for MJ and Laney

Lots of guys improved under Schiano when got here in 99.

Who specifically? I mean, guys got older under Schiano, but I'm not sure if I'd give him all the credit.

And, yes, I'm still mad about the Ped State game. I know the guys were young, but still. If you don't like how they're lined up, call a timeout.

There are likely going to be some negative comments, but this is from the heart.

I don’t know TAC, but he is a young man who CHOSE the Hurricanes, gave his time and his body for the team, and when he realized that (for whatever reason), he wasn’t a fit, has moved on.

He never got in trouble, represented the U on his helmet, and did his best. Is that enough for a superstar? No. But that is a sign of his character.

Fair winds, TAC, and all the best in your new school.
That's how you talk about a former cane you sound like an intelligent man

Advertisement
Really hope Brooks sticks it out with the new staff when he's healthy. He has a legit shot at being the starting MLB.

He’s not an MLB. Just not natural there for him. He’s always underwhelmed in that role. His best role would be as a rush LB.

Advertisement
Back