Tirek Austin-Cave at Striker?

I disagree. For one I don’t trust these coaches evaluation of talent. Obviously if they can’t evaluate talent they have no idea where to put players on the field to be successful. Frierson was making several plays during spring ball. I don’t know where people are getting the notion that he is too slow to play corner. Look up his HS highlights. Kid just needs to play more and build his confidence.
He is to stiff, you can see it when he plays. He does not have the hips at all to play CB.

Advertisement
Avery Huff should play Striker or Sam whichever you want to call it (4-2-5 vs 4-3) if we’re gonna throw a traditional LB there. Groom Cave behind Brooks and McCloud to be the next guy when McCloud leaves to play beside Brooks.

Advertisement
I think it will be either huff or Harrell. Huff is a linebacker but he runs and moves like a safety. Harrell is big for a db already and will get bigger. Just get the best players on the field cause Gilbert wasn’t it.
nah Gilberts going to be fine he hasn't even got starting snaps... chill out and let him get a chance to play

TAC is definitely a weakside linebacker. I would move Gil to strong safety and put Carter at striker if anything. Carter is a good blitzer and having him closer to the LOS takes away all the possible targeting calls he's susceptible to. I have to see more of harrell & washington vs other college players before I can even formulate a real critique.

Georgia not a real football team either? How about the countless NFL teams who use the same positions? Hybrid safety/LBs who can cover the smaller shifty guys and the big TEs are a part of football now. I really don't know what to tell y'all.

The Georgia STAR position or Saban's version or Grantham's version is run out of a 34 and its more of a sub package position for the strong side backer - replacing a linebacker with a hybrid linebacker...its more of a real DB. We use it as a starter for a 43 defense and have two linebackers on the field.

These things are not the same, so I really don't know what to tell y'all.

Advertisement
If we had a staff that could actually recruit more pure cover corners, we could just do away with the striker position altogether to ensure we're not covering slot receivers like Tutu Atwell with an overmatched LB/S hybrid.

But instead this staff has been recruiting more striker candidates than cornerbacks, which is bizarre roster mismanagement.

Advertisement
Lmao at the striker position. Diaz is dumb as ****. The striker position is a *****. Joke. I'm all for moving a s to lb, lb to de etc to add a speed element to your defense. Froerson is being misused by a chump staff. Miami will have to deal with dumb chit until Diaz gets himself fired for trying to be cute.

Miami has good players just dumb coaches.

Amari Carter should be moved to Striker/LB, TAC is a Weak Side or even a Mike Backer.

People saying Frierson can't play here or has no position are doing so as a result of our ****** Defensive staff misusing him. He's not a Hybrid LB which is what the Striker position is, he's a Safety & asking him to cover the run like a LB is stupid AF. He was a ballhawking FS in HS & we took him out of position & forced him to play as a spot he has no natural feel for.

Tired Austin-Cave has Deion Jones type upside, his combination of prototype size, speed, football IQ & overall toughness is extremely needed within our next LB corps, keep him as a pure LB, trying to make him a coverage Hybrid is idiotic & if Lazy Patke suggested it then it needs to be rejected immediately, that ****** guy is nothing but a pure Corch to the tenth power.

The 3 LB's should be Brooks, Huff & Cave, with guys like Joyner, McCloud, Carter & Jennings rotating in. We need a big infusion of speed & athleticism into the LB group, if this staff starts are these injury prone slow guys just because they're upperclassmen we'll continue to be a boom or bust Defense that gets picked apart against teams that actually know how to utilize their weapons on offense. It'll be a bunch of Va Tech, GTech, Duke & FIU type games happening all over again.

Agree. Carter is physical enough to play LB. Don't matter tho. Miami coaches are to dumb to design things to fit a players strength.

This reminds me of Shannon and when he tried to move corners to S. Randy smith or Randy whatever his name was vs ou getting touch trying to plan man to man. smh. Shannon passed me off when he allowed sharp to cover OSU"s best player as a true frosh when you had rolle, Jennings, Taylor **** even Al marshall etc.

Anyways let cave stay at lb

Advertisement
I hadn't thought about it, but Patke brought it up as a possibility. Frierson was a disappointment last year and there is nobody behind him.

Looked good in coverage here:

Amari Carter I think would be a a great striker. Sucks Banda can’t get any safeties in here so we can make that switch.

Advertisement
Back