Tirek Austin-Cave at Striker?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hadn't thought about it, but Patke brought it up as a possibility. Frierson was a disappointment last year and there is nobody behind him.

Looked good in coverage here:

I mentioned this months ago...I think there's a chance. If I had to call it I'd say Will is his best positions, but when we had the 3 commits he was the one I could see playing any of the 3 LB spots. I didn't think it would be Mike because they have Brooks there and just recruited Flagg. But I truly think he can play either Mike or Will, but wouldn't rule out Striker spot, especially early in his career.

I think Huff is a striker in this defense and it will be either him or Frierson sharing time

Last edited:
Advertisement
Frierson isn’t fast enough, or a good enough cover guy to play striker full time. Who we play should determine who plays that game. Against some teams it’s essentially an extra DB, and others it’s more an OLB or in the box role. Idk that we have a guy on the team as versatile as Finley that we can run out there every day and be confident in

I think it will be either huff or Harrell. Huff is a linebacker but he runs and moves like a safety. Harrell is big for a db already and will get bigger. Just get the best players on the field cause Gilbert wasn’t it.

Frierson needs to lose some weight about 10-15 pounds so he can get faster
Speed is not friersons problem he is thinking way to much when he is playing dude is stiff and he is getting beat on any route that isnt a bomb he also isn't meant to cover slot wrs like romeo was able to frierson is a zone and man to man te striker type he needs to relax and just play to his natural abilities

Advertisement
I hadn't thought about it, but Patke brought it up as a possibility. Frierson was a disappointment last year and there is nobody behind him.

Looked good in coverage here:

Gil was a disappointment because he was playing out of position.

Advertisement
I mentioned this months ago...I think there's a chance. If I had to call it I'd say Will is his best positions, but when we had the 3 commits he was the one I could see playing any of the 3 LB spots. I didn't think it would be Mike because they have Brooks there and just recruited Flagg. But I truly think he can play either Mike or Will

I think Huff is a striker in this defense and it will be either him or Frierson sharing time

Huff seems to have the better body type and athletic profile for it - but his best attribute in HS was blitzing the QB (Pinckney's role).

Speed is not friersons problem he is thinking way to much when he is playing dude is stiff and he is getting beat on any route that isnt a bomb he also isn't meant to cover slot wrs like romeo was able to frierson is a zone and man to man te striker type he needs to relax and just play to his natural abilities

Yup, stiffness and technique are Frierson's main issues. But when you listen to non-evaluators like Duasso talk about how the kid is a dawg and he's fast and he's a playmaker and yada yada....well you get unrealistic expectations. https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/where-we-go-from-here.136086/page-13#post-3418412 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/damarius-good-commits.133819/page-7#post-3323532

TAC is a WILL imo and Harrell is the Striker. If Flagg and Huff prove they're ready soon then you can think about TAC at Striker. I have 0 expectations for Brooks much like I had low expectations for Frierson so that factors in.

I’m glad someone has pointed out disappointing Frierson has been. I get the feeling he’s playing out of position. This “striker” position may not work for him.

He needs to get a shot safety. Let KS4 and a newbie get a look at striker

Advertisement
Back