Tirek Austin-Cave at Striker?

Advertisement
Cave is a LB, Washington should be the first new guy to get reps at striker and if he cant do it, then try Harrell. Cave is a LB, I cant believe the staff cant even see that.
This staff ruins talent man they are going to Fuq this kid over if they move him to striker he's too slow for it. Kids a Lb all the way

Smh 🤦‍♂️ The striker position is trash and I’m tired of every athletic DB or athletic LBer we have being considered a striker.

You not getting drafted playing the striker position ur entire career and ur going to get exposed one way or the other because Manny thinks a converted safety or lber should be able to keep up with slot receivers and tackle 230 lb running backs at the same time.

Advertisement
Frierson needs to lose some weight about 10-15 pounds so he can get faster

Striker is just a terrible position for any football player... Diaz had McCloud playing striker didn’t work, Frierson didn’t work, Romeo Finley didn’t work. It’s trash.

Striker is just a terrible position for any football player... Diaz had McCloud playing striker didn’t work, Frierson didn’t work, Romeo Finley didn’t work. It’s trash.
Finley? Other than the slippage and a couple bad series over the course if the season, I thought he balled. That said, we all prefer a straight 4-3 imo

Advertisement
Reinforcing Patke is a fuggging idiot who knows nothing

Striker was meant to get another DB on the field who maybe didn’t have the speed to cover boundaries yet had enough foot speed to at least keep up with TEs, RBs and maybe a WR if they tried to isolate the striker

putting cave at striker is just going back to having a **** SAM on the field

Frierson can not easily play CB, why do you think he was moved. He is not a CB.
I disagree. For one I don’t trust these coaches evaluation of talent. Obviously if they can’t evaluate talent they have no idea where to put players on the field to be successful. Frierson was making several plays during spring ball. I don’t know where people are getting the notion that he is too slow to play corner. Look up his HS highlights. Kid just needs to play more and build his confidence.

Advertisement
Amari Carter should be moved to Striker/LB, TAC is a Weak Side or even a Mike Backer.

People saying Frierson can't play here or has no position are doing so as a result of our ****** Defensive staff misusing him. He's not a Hybrid LB which is what the Striker position is, he's a Safety & asking him to cover the run like a LB is stupid AF. He was a ballhawking FS in HS & we took him out of position & forced him to play as a spot he has no natural feel for.

Tired Austin-Cave has Deion Jones type upside, his combination of prototype size, speed, football IQ & overall toughness is extremely needed within our next LB corps, keep him as a pure LB, trying to make him a coverage Hybrid is idiotic & if Lazy Patke suggested it then it needs to be rejected immediately, that ****** guy is nothing but a pure Corch to the tenth power.

The 3 LB's should be Brooks, Huff & Cave, with guys like Joyner, McCloud, Carter & Jennings rotating in. We need a big infusion of speed & athleticism into the LB group, if this staff starts are these injury prone slow guys just because they're upperclassmen we'll continue to be a boom or bust Defense that gets picked apart against teams that actually know how to utilize their weapons on offense. It'll be a bunch of Va Tech, GTech, Duke & FIU type games happening all over again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back