Tired of making the same post

Gattis should take lashlee´s best 15-20 pass plays and start using them. He can keep his running plays. EZ PZ. is it going to take Highsmith and others to get Gattis and maybe even Mario to change?
This is where I’m at basically

We repeatedly heard during the off-season that Gattis would adjust

TVD said we would adjust

So it didn’t happen during the game but we’ve got a tune up game and a bye so I’m curious to see this UNC for many reasons

Advertisement
the one time we went up tempo this year was like our last passing touchdown of the season lol or second to last

Yeah man it can be so hot and cold.

Lashlee went too fast. Then he slowed it down. The passing game came together and he was able to speed it back up.

Gattis needs to speed up. The best teams mix tempo.

It isn’t easy, but the guru coaches are able to quickly evaluate and adjust for where their teams are at and what they need. Hopefully, we will get some of that going.

Yeah man it can be so hot and cold.

Lashlee went too fast. Then he slowed it down. The passing game came together and he was able to speed it back up.

Gattis needs to speed up. The best teams mix tempo.

It isn’t easy, but the guru coaches are able to quickly evaluate and adjust for where their teams are at and what they need. Hopefully, we will get some of that going.
he doesn't need t be lashlee fast. he can be faster to get his QB in rhythm.

Joe Brady/ Ken Dorsey would have been PERFECT for our passing game.

IMO Mario's first choice, Jason Candle, would have been a terrific pick. And for those who say "why would he leave a HC job at Toledo" the answer is more $$$. He is making 1.2 million in Ohio, and UM was supposedly willing to pay up to $2 million per year for coordinators.

Advertisement
This is where I’m at basically

We repeatedly heard during the off-season that Gattis would adjust

TVD said we would adjust

So it didn’t happen during the game but we’ve got a tune up game and a bye so I’m curious to see this UNC for many reasons
It would be super annoying to finally have the right HC and then have an OC who lied to us preseason about adjusting to his personnel. I hope they had their come to Jesus moment last Saturday. night

Same ole same ole
Another opportunity and another embarrassment. This offense ******* blows. Our receivers suck.

Advertisement
There’s a way to get closer to the middle as far as what the kids like and what gattis likes. Plenty of opportunities. I’m not mad at him for teaching his kids to be pros. He just has to realize these are not kids he recruited and adjust
Respect that. I think we will see some small adjustments that will help TVD with confidence and still benefit his system. Will we I don’t know but I think this is a staff full of smart people. Not just one smart headstrong person

"The game was lost when we ran three times in the red zone and kicked a field goal down 17-3. You can’t say you have the best QB in the country and then show a complete lack of faith in him".

"Maybe someone who charted the game can correct me, but I can’t remember a single contested catch in 41 passes. “NFL open” does not exist in our passing game. We have body catchers, not snatchers".

You can't be shocked when Gattis runs the ball inside the red zone and at the same time be highly critical of our WRs. So, you wanted Gattis to pass in the red zone. To who? Who was catching the ball? According to you, no one was going to catch the ball because the entire game, no one could make a contested catch.

The complaint against Gattis is that he ran TWO QB draws while in the red zone. That's the complaint.

I would actually prefer us to target Mallory in the end zone, over throwing some low-percentage poorly-executed fade in the corner of the end zone, where even if TVD by some miracle throws it perfectly, our WR probably isn't going to come down with the ball. Definitely would prefer to try throwing to a TE over attempting to run QB draws with a guy who looks like he's running in cement blocks instead of shoes.

Back in the day, we used to throw to our TEs in the red zone, with great success. The Dolphins did, too. I wouldn't care if I never saw another corner end zone fade in my life.

IMO Mario's first choice, Jason Candle, would have been a terrific pick. And for those who say "why would he leave a HC job at Toledo" the answer is more $$$. He is making 1.2 million in Ohio, and UM was supposedly willing to pay up to $2 million per year for coordinators.

Totally agree - it's not like I watch Toledo football with any regularity, but I did like what I saw out of this guy in our own 2-game set with Toledo.

Advertisement
Wasn’t Joe brady the top choice?

Uninspired. That’s the feeling I had leaving Kyle Field. It’s not the right thing to say as the owner of a fan website, but it’s the truth. It was a boring game with a familiar result. Let’s get the obvious out of the way: it's early, this is a building process, and it's way too early to make any sweeping observation about the Cristobal Era. But this was a major missed opportunity to build momentum in recruiting and within the fanbase. Some specific thoughts:

- We paid too much money for nine points. Gattis is accountable for the end result, no matter how fluky (first team since at least 2000 to have 27 first downs and zero touchdowns). Our pace was puzzling to me. Is there a distinct advantage to going no huddle when we move so slowly?

- The game was lost when we ran three times in the red zone and kicked a field goal down 17-3. You can’t say you have the best QB in the country and then show a complete lack of faith in him.

- The past few years, and this weekend in particular, really hammered a point home: WR has become a Top 3 important position in football. Look at the Dolphins on Sunday. Maybe someone who charted the game can correct me, but I can’t remember a single contested catch in 41 passes. “NFL open” does not exist in our passing game. We have body catchers, not snatchers. We should not miss guys like Rambo (undrafted), Harley (undrafted) and Restrepo as much as we do. This is Miami. The whiffs in the Transfer Portal really showed up on Saturday.

- Upon rewatch, I’m not as down on TVD. He played bad, but his degree of difficulty was off the charts. I thought back to my first time watching him at Paradise Camp. I expected a big, mechanical QB who would drive the ball but struggle to create. Instead, I saw an instinctive athlete who changed speeds and arm angles and thrived with a fast tempo. It feels like we are trying to put him back in that box with the slow-developing plays.

TVD is tough and will hang in until the last second to make the throw, but he should have more quick-hitting options to get in rhythm. It reminds me of Kaaya under Richt. There was a regression (and four losses) followed by schematic adjustment to get the ball out of his hands quicker. Those changes were in response to poor OL play, which isn’t really our problem. But they got results. I hope we see similar adjustments before the losses pile up.

- Some of our recruiting victories over the SEC showed up on Saturday. Jalen Rivers was moving people and is a huge reason for our improved running game. Leonard Taylor brings special interior rush ability, which is the best way to disrupt a passing game. James Williams missed a key tackle on the Achane TD, but otherwise was everywhere as a versatile weapon. We need more like those guys.

- The running backs ran hard and finished above their weight class. I was disappointed we didn’t have anything special cooked up for Jaylan Knighton in the passing game. He is our most explosive player and we need everything we can get.

- Happy for DJ Ivey. His game elevates when he tackles with physicality. The more he plays with a confident edge, the more he will finish at the catch point with length and timing.

- In general, this game looked very much like what we saw on Greentree. Struggles with downfield passing game, improved OL, strong DL, elevated DB play. For all the talk about Greentree All-Americans, the players generally play like they practice.

- Jacolby George needs to lock in. He’s clearly the most talented pure WR, but when Joe Rose asked Mario about him this AM the first thing Mario talked about was off-field reliability. This is a huge opportunity for George and he needs to seize it.

- Kamren Kinchens is playing faster every game. His football IQ is as good as it gets, and he is really starting to trust his instincts and pull the trigger.

- I like the way the pass rush is trending. We are 5th in the nation in sack percentage and a lot of people are contributing. That rush will lead to wins in ACC play.

- The most encouraging long-term sign is the OL. We looked strong against an SEC team and Mario is recruiting behemoths. If Miami becomes an OL program, it will raise our floor.

Overall, the improvements in physicality were apparent but we gave away a winnable game. Muffed punts, drops, penalties, missed kicks. Before the season, I expected a year like Mario’s first at Oregon or Richt’s first at Miami. That’s still the projection. This offense and pace will lead to a lot of close games where anything can happen. Time for the coaches to earn their money and make the necessary adjustments.
Meh, cry baby post... It is what it is... game 3 of a new regime that appears to have implemented the basis of a legitimate team. Your expectations were not realistic even though Mario will over deliver during the course of the year. Hang tight.

My old high school cafeteria made a pizza that was great. They had to make sheet pans of the stuff and they'd give you little squares with a side of tater tots.
Not surprised the Romans served pizza in school luncheons, however it’s easy to see why Trajan was viewed as one of the “Five Good Emperors” from him including tater tots in lunches

Advertisement
Not surprised the Romans served pizza in school luncheons, however it’s easy to see why Trajan was viewed as one of the “Five Good Emperors” from him including tater tots in lunches
I’ve heard that the 2nd century A.D. Roman school cafeteria pizza was no joke. Nice to finally have some confirmation of that on here.

***** yeah! Sometimes I'd make a trip to the vomitorium and go back for seconds.

Best Italian is in Gainesville…

At a Carrabba’s…

…(gotcha) 🤣
1663868305794.png

Heard the best Veal in town. Tell them Michael sent you

Advertisement
Back